HAL's Barbados shore excursions?

elycelynne

Although you didn't mention it I highly recommend the snorkel with the green turtles. It is amazing and worth every penny spent.

Of those you mentioned the Natural Wonders was a good tour. Not fantastic but adequate for money spent.

Ahoy!

I don't know if you'd consider an independent tour but we had a wonderful time several years ago with the Shasa (sp?) folks (limited at the time to 12 folks) that was a sail, snorkel & dare I say, "suds" tour.

Pier pickup, lunch, libations, & drop off were inclusive for $75 per person at the time (2008). I'm sure if they're still providing snorkel tours that the prices are higher.

Just 'food' for thought.

If you go to the Picasa sight below my signature methinks you can scroll down to the 2008 Amazon cruise page and find the Barbados pix with the Shasa folks.

In any event, good luck & be well.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob

I'm trying to decide among: Best of Barbados, Barbados Coast-to-Coast, and Natural Wonders of Barbados.

Has anyone done any of these, and can you give me feedback (positive or negative) and recommendations?

Thanks!

Elyce, We did the Barbados Coast to Coast tour two years ago, and it was the worst excursion we've ever experienced. It was about 75 minutes shorter than scheduled as the guide rushed us through everything. We are going on the Tyrone Griffith tour which has wonderful reviews and is less expensive.

I'm trying to decide among: Best of Barbados, Barbados Coast-to-Coast, and Natural Wonders of Barbados.

Has anyone done any of these, and can you give me feedback (positive or negative) and recommendations?

Thanks!

Hi,

It's not one of the tours you mentioned, but we did the Photograhic tour when we were in Barbados last year in April. It was really good and I would recommend it.

The guide was Ronnie Carrington, a photographer from Barbados. He was very knowledgable about photography but also the whole island of Barbados. He took us through many different areas so we saw lots of the island. He told us all about the history and geography of the island. We had many stops at interesting places, and at each one he pointed out what was a good photographic subject and why, and gave hints for ways to improve our photos. He also showed us some of his work, and they were wonderful photos.

I would recommend this tour.

Hi,

It's not one of the tours you mentioned, but we did the Photograhic tour when we were in Barbados last year in April. It was really good and I would recommend it.

The guide was Ronnie Carrington, a photographer from Barbados. He was very knowledgable about photography but also the whole island of Barbados. He took us through many different areas so we saw lots of the island. He told us all about the history and geography of the island. We had many stops at interesting places, and at each one he pointed out what was a good photographic subject and why, and gave hints for ways to improve our photos. He also showed us some of his work, and they were wonderful photos.

I would recommend this tour.

There was also an extended stop for some rum punch with an incredible rocky beach view just across the street.

Just a reminder---Barbadoes closes much of everything on Sunday!

We did do the Best of Barbados on one visit and had no complaints. However on another visit, we were cornered and fooled by a driver out in the parking lot who convinced us and another couple to take his tour (we only wanted to walk around downtown). Guy was a fast talker and his vehicle was not made for touring. We went everywhere that we had been on our first tour of the island but at a much faster pace. I have heard of something like this happening but never thought I would be fooled too!! Still I really like this island

Elyce, We did the Barbados Coast to Coast tour two years ago, and it was the worst excursion we've ever experienced. It was about 75 minutes shorter than scheduled as the guide rushed us through everything. We are going on the Tyrone Griffith tour which has wonderful reviews and is less expensive.

Hi, Ken. I know about the tour with Tyrone. I wasn't really interested in doing "beach time", so that's why I didn't sign up for it.