Wines included the wine select package

marienbad

We are particular about our wine and we did not like the regular pours. They changed often and the labels were unfamiliar to me. Mostly Italian/Argentinian and Spanish Reds and some Australian Whites.

We found that buying wine when we boarded worked the best. We bought enough wine to last through our whole cruise by the bottle at 30% off (we used our on board credit that way) and we bought some favorites and tried some new ones. I like having a choice.

I'm one who would advise you to buy your own bottles if you want them. That is what I do.

The package gives you a choice of wines by the glass. I am told they are fine choices. But I prefer to buy my own bottle, and if you go to the "wine sale" on the first day or two after boarding you can get some bargains (although subject to the gratuity).

Or you can bring your own bottles on board ... just bear in mind that those bottles are subject to the corkage fee. Bottles you buy on board are NOT. (So if you buy on board you pay the gratuity but not the corkage fee, and if you bring it on from outside you pay the corkage fee but not the gratuity.)

The problem with the $40/day package (as I understand it) is that you are limited to beverages WITH MEALS. So in that case, you might want to consider the more expensive package.

Those who like these packages are sure to chime in! I'm one who doesn't participate ...

Mura

understand there is a wine/beer package for about $40 per day. Does anyone know what car

bs and chards are offered with the package. Would we be better off buying several bottles onboard?

I had a generic alcohol package (wine, beer, hard liquor) and the wines by the glass were imo nothing to write home about. If you're really into wine I'd either bring your own or buy bottles on board.

understand there is a wine/beer package for about $40 per day. Does anyone know what car

bs and chards are offered with the package. Would we be better off buying several bottles onboard?

Both Beverage Packages include all of the wines which the ship is pouring by the glass. A menu of those wines may be seen here:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/beveragepackages/

When deciding between the two Beverage Packages, please note that the $40 package "offers a wide selection of Beer, Champagne and Wine by the glass during meals in any dining venue including room service".

In other words, Bar Service is not included."

Jim and Stan... Thanks for posting the link to what is poured by the glass. Having lived in France briefly, we became quite fond of the Montaudon Champagne (bought it by the case at an unheard of price of $10 per bottle!). This offering alone would make any package worth it for me ;). Agree the wines aren't outstanding. Do you know if they also sell the Montaudon by the bottle on board, or can you direct me to where I might find a list of the bottle available for purchase?

Hello,

i have bought the premium beveragepackage for my upcomming nauticacruise. Do i get a glas of champagne via romservice in the morning?

Or is it only availbel with dinner/lunch?

Christof

If you mean the Prestige Package, then you are Golden.

cruise_champagne.preview.jpg

It is the House Select Package which only covers luncheon and dinner

If you mean the Prestige Package, then you are Golden.

It is the House Select Package which only covers luncheon and dinner

I may be putting fine point on it but if say, a glass of Champagne was ordered with room service breakfast to compliment ones orange juice would that not be 'a meal'?

"offers a wide selection of Beer, Champagne and Wine by the glass during meals in any dining venue including room service".

I may be putting fine point on it but if say, a glass of Champagne was ordered with room service breakfast to compliment ones orange juice would that not be 'a meal'?

"offers a wide selection of Beer, Champagne and Wine by the glass during meals in any dining venue including room service".

I agree with you semantically, but Oceania has seen fit to specifically exclude Breakfast from the House Select Package.

I guess it all depends on how much you drink. Unless you consume an awful lot of wine, beer and champagne each day, I think you'd be better off doing what we do.

We go to happy hour most evenings - 5 to 6pm and it's 2 drinks for the price of one If you don't finish your second wine or drink, you can carry it to the dining room and the waiter will bring it to your table for you. Then we generally share a bottle of wine for dinner and have a mixed drink or glass of wine during happy hour. We usually don't have a drink during the day. So for us, the $40 pkg would cost us more ($80) per couple, than we would buy separately.

Remember, you will have the Captain's party one night; and another night - the Oceania Ambassador Club party (if you've had more than one cruise). You can drink as much as you want during the party times. Than go to the dining room with your last drink, order a bottle of your favorite wine, and if you don't finish it, they will save for your next meal no matter where that is.

We also like to bring a few bottles on board so we can share them in the stateroom with friends.

Again, it depends on how much you drink!

Jan

We like good wine and agree with Cruiser Jane and others that the best strategy is to bring what you like and pay corkage (or free to drink in your cabin) and then buy a few bottles from the discount offering or off of the wine list. We particularly like the Malbec blend on the wine list (which is called "Enamore" but that's not its name on the list for some reason; it's the only Malbec bottle on the list). We did the math and, particularly with the periodic free and discounted cocktails offerings, we ended up better than even with much higher quality.