123 go thoughts

kkid

It is my impression that the 123 promo has been a great success for Celebrity. I believe higher cruise prices are easily recovering the cost of the promo. I booked Eclipse last September for April 5 cruise. I really expected the Sept price for Eclipse to drop as my Nov 2012 cruises on Reflection did. Made final payment last week and current advertised price for Cat 2B is quite bit higher than what I booked months ago. I'm kind of disappointed in the cost of the cruise, but I'm hoping it means X will be providing even better food and service.

Sent from my AT100 using Forums mobile app

It is my impression that the 123 promo has been a great success for Celebrity. I believe higher cruise prices are easily recovering the cost of the promo. I booked Eclipse last September for April 5 cruise. I really expected the Sept price for Eclipse to drop as my Nov 2012 cruises on Reflection did. Made final payment last week and current advertised price for Cat 2B is quite bit higher than what I booked months ago. I'm kind of disappointed in the cost of the cruise, but I'm hoping it means X will be providing even better food and service.

Sent from my AT100 using Forums mobile app

We agree that Celebrity added the 123 GO promotion into their cruise prices :o. People should realize that there are no free lunches;)

It is my impression that the 123 promo has been a great success for Celebrity. I believe higher cruise prices are easily recovering the cost of the promo. Made final payment last week and current advertised price for Cat 2B is quite bit higher than what I booked months ago. I'm kind of disappointed in the cost of the cruise, but I'm hoping it means X will be providing even better food and service.

Hey! It COULD happen. ;) But I wouldn't count on it. :rolleyes:

You could also see Maxwell, the Geico pig, sitting across the isle from you on your flight... :D

Edited by teecee60

Ironically, one of the things that pushes prices higher is when folks book cruises, in which they believe the price is too high, with the hope that a price drop will come. Only when folks think that the price is too high and do not book -- will the price drop. There is never a reason to be disappointed in the price, you know up front what it is. If the value is not there, don't book it.

But I agree with your general proposition that the 123go! promo convinced some folks to book the cruise at a higher price point. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

I guess it all depends on how you use the options offered. Before booking last year we pulled the invoices and final sea pass charges from a few of our last cruises. When we added the two then subtracted the perk we were not taking, we found our overall cost to sail was lower with the 123 promotion. This included Princess where we carried on a case of our own wine, beer, and coke.

If you do nothing extra, take the OBC or pre paid tips there are many sailings well under a $100 per day, which is less than we paid for our first cruise in 1987.

So yes, the 123 has been a success for X in filling their ships, and IMHO, bringing down our cost to cruise.

Our experience was that when the promo ended, the cruise price dropped. The price drop was not quite as much as the Classic Beverage package but close. We could have taken the lower price for the cruise but decided to keep the beverage package. So yes, we paid for the package, but got a slight discount.

I think it really depends on the cruise. I, personally, am coming out ahead this year with the 123 special over last year. Last year we booked an inside room on the summit for $499 plus taxes, and added the beverage package for ~$350 = ~$850. This year, we got a balcony cabin on the Silhouette with a beverage package for $899 plus taxes. So $50 increase for balcony cabin on a better ship (in my opinion) works out great for us!:D

I think it really depends on the cruise. I, personally, am coming out ahead this year with the 123 special over last year. Last year we booked an inside room on the summit for $499 plus taxes, and added the beverage package for ~$350 = ~$850. This year, we got a balcony cabin on the Silhouette with a beverage package for $899 plus taxes. So $50 increase for balcony cabin on a better ship (in my opinion) works out great for us!:D

I would agree. We are paying the same price as last year for basically the same cabin on the same ship (different itinerary). So the drink package for us is a total bonus.

I like the promo.

Without the promo I wouldn't (or my wife would not allow) purchase the drink package.

Even with the promo Celebrtiy still has to remain competitive.

I had booked a cabin when there was no 123. It was offered a few months later and I was able to get it by paying the higher price that wasn't that much more than it was without it.

I see more and more cruise lines offering the same so it must becoming the perk that is attracting business.

Also look at the captains club. The main perk everyone is concerned about is the happy hour.

🌴🍸🍻🍺

I nearly always book my cruises the day they open to get the best cabin selection. When I booked my 2014 Silhouette trip that we just got back from, I was disappointed at how high the cost was but decided we really wanted to do the trip.

When the first 123GO came out, the price had not changed so we were able to add it at no cost. The price did not go down before sailing when the promo ended, so I don't think the package affected anything. Since my husband and I would purchase the package anyway, the perk was a fantastic deal for us.

Caribbean prices are even higher for 2015 on the same weeks, but with the drink package added in, we're happy to book. If the drink package was not offered, we'd definitely be thinking two or three times before keeping the booking.

I had been eyeballing my recently booked cruise for several months...I waited to book, hoping for the return of the 123 package...when it happened, I booked, at a lower price than Celebrity was advertising on their web page...about 200 per person lower, and gratuities are paid by the TA...so I think DH and I came out ahead...for once.

It really depends on the sailing. We booked our recent cruise without 123Go, and were able to add the promo when it came out a few weeks later without any rise in the price of the cruise. I checked the price daily until we sailed but it never went down, even after 123Go was over, so for us it was truly a bonus.