Caribbean Port Shuttles

For those having been to any of the Caribbean ports are you aware of any shuttle service from the ship to the main entrance? Also can you pre-arrange their service?

Those long walks can be very taxing with medical conditions.

Found out on the way back to the ship St Martin had one. Wish we had known when we got off the ship.

Would appreciate any info you have learned with your previous cruises..

Thanks so much.

Laura

What about in Barbados? We understand that is a long trek.

I will be with Laura on her next cruise. And now my mother has just had a mild stroke and we are hoping she will still also be able to cruise with us in May, but long distances could be a problem. Specific ports of concern are St Martin (we do know now that there is a shuttle available there), St. Kitts, Antigua, Barbados and St. Lucia.

We will be continuing on with Laura on a B2B cruise, but my Mother will have gone home. Those additional ports are St. Thomas (Havensight), Aruba and Curacao.

I will be seeing about renting a wheel chair for my mother while onboard. Can those be taken off the ship?

We did this itinerary in 2006 with my Grandma who was 85. Have you considered reserving a wheelchair through RCCL? You can take it off the ship and have someone push your mother for the longer stretches and around the ship too. It's a port intensive trip and you may be happy with 5 ports in 7 days to have a little help. Also gives her a place to sit if any long lines around town and she needs a rest.

Edited by EviesCruisin

What about in Barbados? We understand that is a long trek.

We will be continuing on with Laura on a B2B cruise, but my Mother will have gone home. Those additional ports are St. Thomas (Havensight), Aruba ?

Barbados has a shuttle, the bus just runs back and forth. We've been to all the Islands you've mentioned, there are plenty of taxis at all the ports. Anything with a very long jetty there will be a shuttle, good idea about the wheel chair though

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by krev