First Carnival problem for me.

tree.critter

I booked Liberty 2015 while on board the Dream in December. I booked ES rate at $1069. pp and received $100 OBC for booking while on the ship.

The rates dropped $30 pp so I filled out ES form and it was rejected, did it again and explained the $100 OBC was due to booking while on board and it was rejected again so I called this morning. After a little going in circles my price was dropped to the current $1039 ES rate BUT, when going in and managing my cruise I have learned that they took away my $100 OBC! On the phone now and holding. Why oh why did they take it away?! I mailed in the certificates for family and friends just last week for the additional 2 cabins that was booked using the certificates and am hoping that they get their OBC. They were already approved for the price drop but haven't showed the OBC at all yet on their booking.

Grrrrrr.......

A friend booked the Breeze using her FCC and never lost her OBC. In fact, the price dropped before and after final payment and in the end she had over $300 in OBC for price reduction and still had the $100 for FCC.

One other problem Carnival has is when I booked onboard the Liberty for my 2009 cruise I was told I would get $100 in OBC. Well, in reality, they only gave me $50 and that was because I was cruising solo. I told them, I am solo, but I am paying the price for TWO people to be in the cabin and to boot it was a suite. I told John Heald about it and he since this was so new they were working out the kinks. It didn't give me the $50 I was due, but at least the system was fixed to give the solo sailor using a FCC the full OBC they were promised......just wish I could have had the extra $50 credited to my next cruise.....

my OBC disappeared during early saver price changes on the first page of information. try looking under cruise documents. when i called, a carnival rep guaranteed it was on my account and told me to check under cruise documents and i found it there. good luck.

Finally off the phone, she pretty much gave up and gave me a separate number to call back tomorrow "Guest Admin" when they are in the office, said she could not undo the transaction that was just done this morning. I've had nothing but good luck when dealing with Carnival that it really makes me sad to have this happen. I KNOW that I am right at least so will start climbing the ladder till I get my OBC back!

Grrrr...... this is the first and probably going to be the last time that I book onboard, definitely not having good luck with the new book on board compared to the old FCC program.

My two certificates that I received while on this cruise were both used this past week by DD and friend, they both applied for price drop and received it already but they are not showing the $100 OBC on their bookings yet either.

thanks for this post, I hadn't noticed that when I got a price drop yesterday. I called carnival (just now), and yes, it was gone. They worked through it and got it reposted to the account. So, if you can't find it on your papers, call them just to be sure.

Steve

I would call back and get a different rep on the phone. Most times when you want something fixed you have to keep calling until you get someone who knows what they're doing.

Edited by rrraydon

I was in the same position you are in. I purchased a cruise while on a cruise using the Military rate and got a $100 OBC. Later there were several price decreases and I applied for them and received them. In the process I lost the $100 OBC and I saw it fall off my Invoice. Later on Cruise Critic I learned that that should not have happened. I call Carnival again. At first they did not want to talk with me because I had a TA assigned. I finally got one of the reps to investigate the matter. She said you do not lose the credit and that some of the Carnival personel confuse handling of the FCC (Future Cruise Certificate) with purchasing a cruise on a cruise. She said handling should be completely different. She then wrote a note on my records and had me call my TA to have them call Carnival about the matter. My TA called and I received the $100 credit back. It was only a matter of minutes before my Invoice showed the $100 OBC back.

So don't let them take away your credit. You earned it and there is nothing on their records saying you lose the OBC if you take a price decrease. Ask for a Manager and be persistent. If the first manager can't do the job, go another step higher. You are in the right. Good luck!

and going back into the booking, the 100 OBC is back :). They told me it happens sometimes when price adjustments occur.

Yes it happens and they will put it back. On our last cruise our PVP said she was going to wait until closer to the cruise to put it back because she knew we would be applying ES price drops and said it would be a pain to keep putting it back.

Sorry for your troubles.

For the future suggest you find yourself a good pvp to fight these battles in your behalf.

I have really had hit and miss luck with pvps and have found it easy enough to just deal directly with Carnival until today..... grr. I do have a new PVP that I just picked up a couple of weeks ago when I booked June/sweet 16 birthday cruise for my GD. I did this Liberty booking on board the ship though and was told in the past by long ago PVP that she could only deal with the bookings that she booked for me. Can I still have my new PVP help me out with this even though he didn't book the problem cruise? That would REALLY make me happy.

I will definitely update tomorrow, I am tenacious and won't give up easily.

Thanks to everyone for reaffirming what I believed was correct and that I should NOT lose that $100!!

I called a few weeks ago for a price drop but was told I'd lose my OBC of $100 to get $60. I asked about it here on CC and was told, as you have been, you do NOT lose your credit, don't let them tell you that. So I called back the same day and I got the $60 price drop and kept the $00 OBC.

If you call 5 times, you'll get 5 answers! Poor training.

How do you get a FCC?

They don't actually do a FCC anymore, what they will do instead now is give you $100 OBC if you book a cruise while on a cruise (some ships do not offer this feature though) and when you book you are given 2 friends and family certificates to give to whoever you wish. With those certificates they can book the same cruise, must be within 60 days of your booking, and they will also receive the same $100 credit.

Had this happen, I had a 50 OBC for military and when looking at changing to a balcony somehow it disappeared. Called Carnival and they said it was still showing but it was not on my confirmation page anymore. When I got onboard I checked my account and it was not posted, had to make a call to guest services to get it all sorted out and in the end they put the 50 back on where I could see it, first was told that it was behind the scenes and did not believe that :)

They don't actually do a FCC anymore, what they will do instead now is give you $100 OBC if you book a cruise while on a cruise (some ships do not offer this feature though) and when you book you are given 2 friends and family certificates to give to whoever you wish. With those certificates they can book the same cruise, must be within 60 days of your booking, and they will also receive the same $100 credit.

Thank you very much for the explanation. That's a pretty good deal if you are already planning a cruise.

I just got home from work, was pulling up all my details getting ready to give Carnival a call to their Guest Admin dept. and was delighted to find that sometime today my emails must have been addressed as "Manage my cruise" is now showing the lowered rate AND my $100 OBC. Got email confirmation with all the correct figures on it, I am quite happy that I don't have to spend any more time on the phone. Very happy that Carnival came through without too much headache, I will be VERY careful though the next time there is a price drop (if we're lucky enough to get one) and try to not let this happen again.

Thank you everyone for the help, I really appreciate it. Now I better go get packing :)

I just got home from work, was pulling up all my details getting ready to give Carnival a call to their Guest Admin dept. and was delighted to find that sometime today my emails must have been addressed as "Manage my cruise" is now showing the lowered rate AND my $100 OBC. Got email confirmation with all the correct figures on it, I am quite happy that I don't have to spend any more time on the phone. Very happy that Carnival came through without too much headache, I will be VERY careful though the next time there is a price drop (if we're lucky enough to get one) and try to not let this happen again.

Thank you everyone for the help, I really appreciate it. Now I better go get packing :)

Yay....glad it's all taken care of!! That's awesome news :D

OP, glad it was taken care of! While we're on the subject: I have been trying to check the fare viewer for my 2/21 cruise. It won't "allow" you to put in the date of sailing so can't check the fares. :mad::mad:This happened yesterday and today. Anyone else had the same problem?

I didn't book on a cruise, but booked during a special w/200 obc. was not ES, but had a friend join us, then she cancelled out a month or so later, I saw that the 200 obc was not showing up under manage my cruise. you bet I called. wasn't long thankfully, but the girl said that it was there and that sometimes when changes happen that it no longer shows up on the online documents. at the same time I had to cxl out the 3rd person and after all said and done I said can you re-send me the new email confirmation showing the obc. so I have the old and the new showing the obc and will bring with me for verification :)

OP, glad it was taken care of! While we're on the subject: I have been trying to check the fare viewer for my 2/21 cruise. It won't "allow" you to put in the date of sailing so can't check the fares. :mad::mad:This happened yesterday and today. Anyone else had the same problem?

I've had that happen when the site is down and when the ship is sold out.