soda/water count as luggage?

kris2cruise

Check as much as you want with the baggage guys. Put a room tag on it and it will show up with your luggage. We always drive to the Miami port and we take a case of water and between then 2 of us it is always gone before the end of the cruise. Can also do the same thing with sodas.

Kris2cruise,

If you are sailing NCL out of Tampa, any water or soda you bring on board is required to be carried on (use a rolling duffle or suitcase). If you put it in your checked luggage, it will be taken.

I have seen many reports that the porters will not take these onboard for you. First I have seen that somebody will "take it" from your checked bags.

Who takes it? Ship staff?

Never, ever heard of items being taken from your bags.

Hi, does anyone know the rules for the Port of Miami? Thank you in advance.

When we sailed out of Miami last year, we used a soft sided cooler and filled it with the cokes and red bull for our 4 night trip, and had no problem. We checked the bag and when it was delivered to our room, all cans were present. We are planning on doing the same this May on our trip as well.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

We always carry our bag on with our soda, water. There is usually a held luggage area when you first board the ship to leave your bags until the rooms are ready. It works out good to use that. Just reminded me to post a thread asking if the epic has a space for that..

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app