Live on the Sapphire

ibfern

We felt the same way on our recent three cruises on the Sapphire.(actually been on the ship 5 times total). Two longer ones in Dec. and when we came back for our 3 day in January it was so much fun seeing staff members again. Waiters, room stewards, other staff, all remembering us and big hugs given.Truly a wonderful ship and staff.

I hated to leave each time we did. Don't always feel that way after a cruise ends.

In Maui now on a land vacation and the Lahaina port schedule said the Sapphire was supposed to be here the other day. I was looking forward to seeing her again but, alas, she was a no-show. I guess Princess changed her itineraries to do the short west coast cruises sometime after Sep 2012 when the Lahaina port schedule showed her original booking had been made...

Did I mention how wonderful this cruise was? ...

You did ... It was ...

Did we mention how wonderful this cruise was? ;)

The part where Trina won the Snowball BINGO jackpot was really kinda fun :D

In Maui now on a land vacation and the Lahaina port schedule said the Sapphire was supposed to be here the other day. ...

Think it was the Star .. cancelled due to weather... Twice.

I participated in my first cabin crawl and it was fun and attracted a huge number of people. Yes we practically tipped the ship as we all wandered from floor to floor, and Port to Starboard, peeping into all sorts of cabins. ...

Didn't think till today ... should have taken a photo.... :(

Edited by MauiLvrs

Hi Amelia!

We had the same feelings about this trip. Just wonderful. I really hated to leave. Even the seagulls stealing my breakfast from the balcony table couldn't upset me! It was just a great time all around.

(Had I known that you were a bit distraught that last morning when I saw you in the IC I would have brought you more Jordan almonds and some tissue. )

Cindy

We were in C742, its a great cabin and a even better balcony since it is larger than the others on this deck, except for the rear facing aft balconies which are even larger. We had two chairs, a nice sized table, and two foot rests which was a surprise since we usually don't get those on balconies. Our room steward Anthony was a gem too, making it a win-win-win.... :)

We had the same set-up on our aft Caribe balcony cabins a few weeks ago. We also had the 2 chairs, large table and 2 footrests on our Caribe Deck balcony cabins on the Crown cruise last year. Maybe you're used to balcony cabins on the higher decks? :confused:

Thanks for telling about your visit to the Midway.

Is the Midway within walking distance' date=' then, of where the

Princess ships dock?

Thanks so much:)[/quote']

It is about a 5 minute walk.

The Sapphire docks next to the Midway and it is a very easy walk over to the Midway museum and self guided audio tour($20 per person). We spent close to 3 hours there and could easily have spent another two hours. Fascinating tour, I highly recommend it.

Doug

I spent 4 hours touring the Midway and still didn't see everything. Tickets are $2 less if you buy them online. http://www.midway.org/visitors

If you can walk up and down steep stairs, I suggest taking a free tour of the Island (superstructure above the flight deck). There is usually a wait for the tour, but it is worth it.

Edited by Rosefloater

You did ... It was ...

Did we mention how wonderful this cruise was? ;)

The part where Trina won the Snowball BINGO jackpot was really kinda fun :D

Hi Dave and Trina: We Loved meeting and dining with you two, and congrats again to Trina, I've never met anybody who actually won the big Bingo prize. Don't forget Santa Paula airport is quite close and you have an open invite to stay with us anytime! :)

Hi Amelia!

We had the same feelings about this trip. Just wonderful. I really hated to leave. Even the seagulls stealing my breakfast from the balcony table couldn't upset me! It was just a great time all around.

(Had I known that you were a bit distraught that last morning when I saw you in the IC I would have brought you more Jordan almonds and some tissue. )

Cindy

Hi Cindy: LOL...I loved those Almonds, thanks for the thought! Now that I got my teeth repaired from the last bag of Jordan Almonds, I am conflicted between my craving for them v. the cost of the tooth repair. :eek:

Glad everybody made it home safe and sound.

We had the same set-up on our aft Caribe balcony cabins a few weeks ago. We also had the 2 chairs, large table and 2 footrests on our Caribe Deck balcony cabins on the Crown cruise last year. Maybe you're used to balcony cabins on the higher decks? :confused:

This is the first time we were in a caribe deck balcony, and the first time we had a full compliment of a large table, chairs, and footstools on any balcony. Go figure, it took 26 cruises to get them! :)

Amelia,

Can't believe this was your first Caribe balcony. We always select Caribe.Only ships that don't have these wonderful huge balconies are the little ones (Pacific etc) and the new Royal.

What size was your new TV's in cabin. People were saying that they were 40 inch. However this month on Caribe deck saw only lots of boxes with 32inch tv's.We were in a suite and ours wasn't being changed out yet.

Amelia,

Can't believe this was your first Caribe balcony. We always select Caribe.Only ships that don't have these wonderful huge balconies are the little ones (Pacific etc) and the new Royal.

What size was your new TV's in cabin. People were saying that they were 40 inch. However this month on Caribe deck saw only lots of boxes with 32inch tv's.We were in a suite and ours wasn't being changed out yet.

We just got off-Mini suite had 40 inch TV's-Fun part; one remote-two TV's. If you tried to only turn on one TV you had to put remote to the edge. Then you had to remember to do the same to turn it off. Standing back and you would turn one off and the other on :p. We were in a suite the first four days and it had not gotten the new TV's yet. The installing crew said they would be done in 5 days (that was Monday) and then off to Australia to do the same to the Dawn.

This is the first time we were in a caribe deck balcony, and the first time we had a full compliment of a large table, chairs, and footstools on any balcony. Go figure, it took 26 cruises to get them! :)

Okay, that makes sense then. That is the normal Caribe Deck balcony set up - 2 chairs, 2 footstools and a good-sized regular height table. :)

Hi Dave and Trina: We Loved meeting and dining with you two, and congrats again to Trina, I've never met anybody who actually won the big Bingo prize. Don't forget Santa Paula airport is quite close ...

Crown Plaza is sold out on 4-11 ...

Right down there ... did you see us wave as we flew by ;)

12224469624_4488ec9565_z.jpg

20140128_112832 by MauiLvrs, on Flickr

It is about a 5 minute walk. I spent 4 hours touring the Midway and still didn't see everything. Tickets are $2 less if you buy them online. http://www.midway.org/visitors

If you can walk up and down steep stairs, I suggest taking a free tour of the Island (superstructure above the flight deck). There is usually a wait for the tour, but it is worth it.

Hi,

I found if you walk off the pier and turn left as you reach the sidewalk, there is a visitor information building. They will sell you Midway tickets for $2 off as well. I did this last month, and was able to bypass the line at the Midway waiting to buy tickets. Very convenient, and liked the cost savings.

Agree, the tour was great!

[quote name='kayelbee']Hi Ibfen, sounds like a great cruise, thank you for taking the time to post.
I do have one quick question, Are the beds able to be positioned in a Queen Bed configuration?
TIA.[/quote]

The cabins that have the "twin bed only" notation are the Dolphin mini-suites aft corner. Wonderful cabin (but no bath tub).
Look here if you would like to see pix of the queen bed set-up in a "twin bed only" cabin... [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959727[/url]