Camera Bag suggestion

FedoraDi

I know what may work for one may not work for another...

But I am looking for ideas that doesnt scream Tourist ;)

I'm looking at maybe a slingbag, one that would fit a dslr & maybe 1 small telephoto no bigger than 300mm. Rough size of that maybe bit bigger than a Campbells Chunky soup can.

I would like it if the slingbag would fit a ipad 1 but willing to bring the mini if needed. And price reasonable, dont need a $500 bag. :p

Yes, I could slip my current padded case into a backpack instead but to me that may scream tourist, it would be used in the caribbean area so that may not be so bad.

So, ideas?

The Think Tank CityWalker 10 comes to mind. I used it on my last cruise. It can hold a DSLR with attached lens, a second and third lens, or a second lens and flash, and a tablet.

But unless you use a ripped up ratty backpack, I think at some point - any photo bag is going to scream tourist. Even if it is incognito, it might not reveal you have photo gear in it, but it does scream you have something expensive in there.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/citywalker-10-black.aspx

I have the black version. At $130, it is not expensive, at least for a Think Tank bag.

Edited by awboater

I have a Lowepro passport sling. Roomy with a removable soft side camera enclosure that will hold a dslr with lens plus room for extra lens and accessories. Pockets on outside for storage and a zipped end that unzips to give more room. Slings over shoulder and lies close to body. I think around $65 Can. Looks very conservative.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Edited by CWRob

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm trying to keep it lowkey, but something I can use at other times too, not just on a cruise. I have one of the smaller NatGeos, & one of the tan Domke bags that looks like a messanger bag for everyday use.

I love my domke but it tends to be a bit on the big size, especially in crowded situations. I wore it to the Philly Flower show one year & it was a PITA to move around in the crowds there.

thanks for the suggestions, looking at the lowepros & think tank in addt to the crumpler & natgeo. Hmm, I might have to dig out my baby natgeo & see if that will fit my ipad too.

I've collected about 1/2 doz different bags and cases off of ebay. I want them well used but fully function. They have that look that blends and doesn't scream new camera bag, stupid tourist. If you have take your time you will find that perfect look and price.

80 - 90% off new prices can be done.

framer

I've used a Vera Bradley bag (100 Handbag model).... might not be your thing...

It looks like a purse, fits my dslr plus one extra lens, has inside pockets for spare battery &/or memory cards, and it's lightly padded so no harm with a bump into something/ someone.

My hubby would carry it at times (though not over the shoulder :D).

He liked that it didn't scream camera bag. I've outgrown it now, and will be using a camera backpack for all my gear going forward.

For females, I like the camera "purses" made by Kelly Moore, Epiphanie, Ketti, Jill-E, etc. I have a Kelly Moore "Two Sues" that I like a lot...it holds quite a bit, and the padded camera insert can be removed so you can use the bag as a plain tote. I also have a Ketti bag that's super cute! It's great for local outings, but not as good as the Kelly Moore for travel since it doesn't have as many compartments.

Here are some links:

http://store.kellymoorebag.com/collections/all

http://www.epiphaniebags.com/

http://www.kettihandbags.com/category_s/1817.htm

I have a Tamrac that looks like a messenger bag. It won't hold an iPad, but it doesn't "scream" camera, and will definitely hold my T2i, an extra lens, and (depending on the extra lens) my flash.

Looks similar to this:

739236.jpg

Newer model than mine, but you get the idea.

I got mine at B&H.

I have a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover i30. Love it. I took it with me my last cruise and it was great for everything I had in it. My Canon t4i with 2 lenses. My video camera. A couple of batteries, chargers, a small notebook, a couple of pens, camera manual and a mag. It will also hold a iPad. But I didn't take that with me. Even with all this stuff in it. It really wasn't that heavy. But I will say after a awhile I got tired of lugging it around. But I was glad I had it. It also opens up against your hip or stomach so you have easier access to all your stuff. By that I mean. If someone tries to take something when you have it on. They can't unzip it without having to touch you first. Because the zipper is against your body. I really like that feature. Not like the normal bags where the zipper opens the bag in front of you. I hope this made sense. LOL. It's 230am here. With that said I'm going to bed.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Any camera bag will scream photographer :o IMHO find a bag that is comfortable and carries your gear with the protection you need. Go to a photography store and try them on. There are hundreds of options these days, simple go to BH and search camera bags to see. For me I simply throw it into an old hartman should bag with no padding. But the minute you pull out that camera and act like a tourist it won't matter what you are carrying. My new approach is a nice small Nikon V1 with a few lenses in the other pocket of my pants or jacket.

Other times I carry my computrekker and be damn I'm a tourist with 30lbs of gear, wrestle me for it if you dare :D

I know what may work for one may not work for another...

But I am looking for ideas that doesnt scream Tourist ;)

I'm looking at maybe a slingbag, one that would fit a dslr & maybe 1 small telephoto no bigger than 300mm. Rough size of that maybe bit bigger than a Campbells Chunky soup can.

I would like it if the slingbag would fit a ipad 1 but willing to bring the mini if needed. And price reasonable, dont need a $500 bag. :p

Yes, I could slip my current padded case into a backpack instead but to me that may scream tourist, it would be used in the caribbean area so that may not be so bad.

So, ideas?