RCCL cruiser needs help with Celebrity booking

leeselee

Hello,

I did not know whether to post here or on the RC boards - so if you could please let me know, I would be most appreciative.

We have cruised a few times in a Grand Suite on RCCL.

This year my husband and I would like to try Celebrity but we are a little confused and somewhat frustrated with the Celebrity website.

We cannot decide between a Balcony/Concierge/Aqua Class stateroom.

Apart from the poetic descriptions, I cannot decipher what is the benefit of paying more.

Are the staterooms larger the more expensive you up? do you get more benefits? is there a list?

I would appreciate any help

Thanks!

Hello,

I did not know whether to post here or on the RC boards - so if you could please let me know, I would be most appreciative.

This year my husband and I would like to try Celebrity but we are a little confused and somewhat frustrated with the Celebrity website.

Apart from the poetic descriptions, I cannot decipher what is the benefit of paying more.

Are the staterooms larger the more expensive you up? do you get more benefits? is there a list?

Thanks!

What ship are you looking at? If it's an "S" class all non-suite cabins are the same size. AQ gets you into Blu for dining, which is it's single best perk and worth the extra $$ to us anyway, Concierge gets you some perks that a regular veranda doesn't.

This from the website:

All staterooms include:

Services

Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1

Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)

Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets

Dining

24 hour complimentary room service

Amenities

Robe

Complimentary tote bag

Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs

Water/wine glasses

Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% pure Egyptian cotton linens

Hair dryer

Stateroom Features

Private mini-bar*

Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*

Private safe

Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets

*Additional charges apply.

In addition, AquaClass staterooms include:

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments

Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

Plush bathrobes

Slippers

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels

On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

Concierge gets most of what AQ gets...but not Blu...hope that helps

Hello,

Thanks!

They are not larger on any of the ships, yes maybe a few inches here or there....but larger over all, nothing noticeable. On M-Class all of the ships were built prio to the "invention" of Concierge or Aqua, so further confirmation that there is nothing particularly special about the room sizes....there are other perks that for me make Aqua worth it sometimes and Concierge never worth it......unless I was on the border between Captain's Club levels and the extra points were going to push me over the edge:)

Hello,

Thanks!

The sq footage, ie: size of the cabins only differ in the 6 different suite's, on an S-Class ship. Veranda/Concierge/Aqua cabins are all 194 sf with a 54 sf balcony.

Veranda you get the basic's

Concierge you get flowers, fruit, evening munchies, different show head.

Aqua all the above and dinning in Blu, only for Aqua and Suites if not full, oh, and you get to pay more and get more reward points in the Capt Club:rolleyes: Bottom line, much to do about not much.

On the M class ships there are 4 Concierge class cabins on deck 6 that are larger than the standard Concierge class cabins. All four are aft. Two are connected to suites and have the same décor. The other two adjoin a Sky Suite on one side and a butler's pantry on the other.

We have stayed in these cabins and they are noticeably larger.

We sail on small or medium size ships so have not cruised on the S class. But we have chosen the Aqua class cabin for the ambiance and cuisine of Blu.

The Sky suites might be another option. They have more square footage, a much nicer bathroom and butler service. On a space available basis suite passengers can dine in Blu. Breakfast is almost never a problem. On the M class ships suite passengers can usually be accommodated.

On the 4 M class ships an additional deck of Aqua class cabins have been added. There are 5 across the aft of the ship with larger balconies. The port and starboard cabins have smaller balconies with less cover. 1140 is the coveted cabin but 1141 or 1138 are great except for the ill-fitting shower door.

There are many posts with pictures on Cruise Critic. Just click on the search tab.

What ship are you looking at? If it's an "S" class all non-suite cabins are the same size. AQ gets you into Blu for dining, which is it's single best perk and worth the extra $$ to us anyway, Concierge gets you some perks that a regular veranda doesn't.

This from the website:

All staterooms include:

Services

Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1

Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)

Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets

Dining

24 hour complimentary room service

Amenities

Robe

Complimentary tote bag

Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs

Water/wine glasses

Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% pure Egyptian cotton linens

Hair dryer

Stateroom Features

Private mini-bar*

Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*

Private safe

Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets

*Additional charges apply.

In addition, AquaClass staterooms include:

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments

Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

Plush bathrobes

Slippers

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels

On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

Concierge gets most of what AQ gets...but not Blu...hope that helps

This does certainly read like a huge step up from RC

probably a good idea to just just book without kids then!

Hello,

Thanks!

If you are used to a Grand Suite then the equivalent will be a Celebrity suite. Celebrity doesn't have a concierge lounge but you will get a butler. :):)