Ft. Lauderdale Airport Terminals

budisal

We are landing at Terminal 4, but being picked up by HAL at Terminal 2. Does anybody have any idea how far it is to terminal 2 from 4? Is there a shuttle between terminals?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terminal 4 to terminal 2 is a bit of a hike (around the outside walk or through the parking garage) and we just wonder why anyone pays for a cruise line transfer at this airport. Taxis are cheaper, faster, and more convenient. So you will have to claim your luggage, and hike over a distance to find your shuttle bus, and then probably sit an wait until they fill your bus or large van. If you take a taxi you would simply walk out of your Terminal and grab a taxi to the nearby port (less then $20) or the hotel of your choice. If the cruise line is going to accept your money for a transfer, the least they can do is meet you at your luggage area and take you right outside to your transportation.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

We are landing at Terminal 4, but being picked up by HAL at Terminal 2. Does anybody have any idea how far it is to terminal 2 from 4? Is there a shuttle between terminals?

Looks like they're on opposite sides of a garage, but I have no idea how far that might be ... I have an idea how I might find out though ... I'll be back

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Maps/Pages/Overview.aspx

EDIT: according to the ruler on Google Earth it's a little over 800 feet if you can go straight through the garage. But I agree with others ... if you can cancel your $19 pp HAL transfers, take a taxi for two for less than $20 with a tip.

Edited by jtl513

I agree.

Take a taxi.

It's a short, fast ride to Port Everglades and if there are two of you, it likely will cost less than HAL transfer.

Why are they not meeting you and picking you up at your terminal?

Why should you have to drag yourselves and luggage away from your terminal? You are paying for transportation from there IMO

Edited by sail7seas

There is a shuttle goes to all the terminals and rental car center; from Terminal 4 it will go to the rental car center , Terminal 1 then Terminal 2. Do not get on the shuttle to the economy parking lot!

It seems to be about 1/3 of a mile between the two terminals.

Edited by Boytjie

That's odd that they wouldn't pick you up in the terminal you land. I've taken many HAL shuttles in my time and never had that happen.

Exactly.

That's what I don't understand either.

I hope OP can help us to know why.

I'll ask tomorrow about that, but I was told by the HAL rep when I phoned to tell them about my terminal change that they pick up at terminal 2. I'm with you ....... huh?

That'll teach me for booking thru Transat - they shuffled us off to CanJet and they changed the terminal from 3 to 4. Bad value-saver person! Bab, bad, bad. Slap my budget-minded wrists.

OP is from Canada so may be landing at the international terminal. and may be one of very few if not the only one that is landing there and booked a HAL transfer. Just a thought

Yes, I made note he's from Canada but that doesn't change anything IMO.

They should be picking the guest(s) up at their terminal. They are paying for door to door transportation.

I am going to do that. It sounds wrong to me too. The HAL rep may have misunderstood my question ... although, I must say, I was a journalist most of my life and thought I was being most suscinct. lol!

Excellent question! Anyone knw which terminal delta fles into? My parents are picking us up, and I suddently had a flashback. Last time he picked me up, I waited about 2 hours, until he finally figured out that there was more than one terminal! :eek: And "they don't need a cellphone" :rolleyes:

Why are they not meeting you and picking you up at your terminal?

That's odd that they wouldn't pick you up in the terminal you land. I've taken many HAL shuttles in my time and never had that happen.
I've taken only a few HAL transfer buses (Seattle, L.A., Copenhagen), but when I have they parked in one spot and waited to fill up rather than driving around to different stops. Maybe that spot at FLL is terminal 2?

Edited by jtl513

Then who needs a HAL transfer in FLL?

If there is more than one person, a taxi costs less and is so much more convenient.

Sorry, HAL...... that is what is great about these forums. We can share such info.

Excellent question! Anyone knw which terminal delta fles into? My parents are picking us up, and I suddently had a flashback. Last time he picked me up, I waited about 2 hours, until he finally figured out that there was more than one terminal! :eek: And "they don't need a cellphone" :rolleyes:

Terminal 2

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app