Basic Booking Questions

webzila

Got some questions that I could not find on RCCL website.

Don't feel like calling them...yet so maybe someone here can answer these:

1. Are there penalty fees for changing the cruise date after booking?

The booking clearly shows cancellation fees but there is no info on what happens if you simply need to change a date

2. I am pretty sure that RCCL offers pack n play or crib for smaller kids. Do you have to call to reserve that? Do they offer anything else like diaper genies?

3. For RCCL, can travel agents offer any lower prices or extras that I can't get by booking direct? I know for Carnival, agents can't offer any lower prices than whats on the web...

Also, when I was looking at available rooms for a specific date that we are interested in, the balcony rooms are cheaper than oceanview. Does that mean that OV is nearly sold out or what?

The booking clearly shows cancellation fees but there is no info on what happens if you simply need to change a date

2. I am pretty sure that RCCL offers pack n play or crib for smaller kids. Do you have to call to reserve that? Do they offer anything else like diaper genies?

3. For RCCL, can travel agents offer any lower prices or extras that I can't get by booking direct? I know for Carnival, agents can't offer any lower prices than whats on the web...

Also, when I was looking at available rooms for a specific date that we are interested in, the balcony rooms are cheaper than oceanview. Does that mean that OV is nearly sold out or what?

I can only answer your first question. No, there's no penalty for changing the date, as long as it's before the final payment due date.

Travel agents cannot discount the prices for any mass market line that I know of in the US. So, the price is the price everywhere. Only time you'll see variance is if an agency has group space reserved at a lower fare.

Travel agents cannot discount the prices for any mass market line that I know of in the US. So, the price is the price everywhere. Only time you'll see variance is if an agency has group space reserved at a lower fare.

They usually cannot offer a lower price, but they can (and often do) offer perks such as on-board credit, prepaid gratuities, and/or free meals in one of the specialty dining venues.

The booking clearly shows cancellation fees but there is no info on what happens if you simply need to change a date No fees as long as you are making the changes before the final payment date.

2. I am pretty sure that RCCL offers pack n play or crib for smaller kids. Do you have to call to reserve that? Do they offer anything else like diaper genies? Yes, you can call and reserve a pack 'n' play. Diaper genies? I don't think so, but you can ask on the family board.

3. For RCCL, can travel agents offer any lower prices or extras that I can't get by booking direct? I know for Carnival, agents can't offer any lower prices than whats on the web... They are not permitted to discount the fare. As ahecht wrote, they can offer perks, and some do.

It means that they are trying harder to sell balcony cabins. :)

Sometimes a TA will charge a cancellation or change fee for making changes - find this out prior to booking with one. No diaper genies but some people bring scented trash bags to dispose of smelly diapers. Your room steward will remove them twice a day.

Thanks for all replies.

I went ahead and emailed an agent and got a lower total price and higher onboard credit.

I had lots of issues with RCCL website lately. Very slow and it wouldn't let me remove the prepaid gratuity even though it says optional but the check mark was grayed out.

Are you allowed to change your cruise date after final payment?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Cancellation fees even if you are not cancelling but just changing the cruise date?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

correct..... You booking will be cancelled and receive new booking # for the new cruise date.( been there and done that;))

Edited by ladylikes2cruise

Depending on age of baby - you can request pak and play be left up or folded and put away - talk to your head room steward.

depends if you want to use it as an actual play pen or just a bed for night time. Always put a clean sheet on the bottom to keep baby from the plastic "floor" of the crib. Cleaner than crawling on the rug in the room.