New to Celebrity - thoughts about the Constellation?

roohound

I am looking at doing a Spring Break getaway with one of my gal pals. I've cruised 17 times on many lines - Princess, Disney, Holland America, Norwegian, and Carnival - my friend has never cruised. I wanted to find a great first cruise experience for her. I found a cruise on the Constellation that will visit Key West and Cozumel so that's good.

We also discovered Aquaclass cabins - they look awesome! The only slight negative about this ship is it doesn't seem like there is as much info about this ship. I'm seeing some eh reviews about her here on CC but I thought I'd ask the Celebrity forum directly.

I'm 42 and my friend is 35. I'm a chef and she appreciates great food and we both like to eat as healthfully as we can. It looks like Blu will be a great place for us.

I am not sure what all access to the Persian Garden entails, but I'm sure it's great. Does the Constellation have a thalassotherapy pool? Is that included as part of an Aquaclass cabin?

I know we're probably a little younger than the average Celebrity cruiser, but do you think this would be a great first cruise for her? I'm not worried about me - I'm just happy to be at sea :) I'll miss my hubby, but that's the only drawback I see.

Thanks in advance!

i just did the five day cruise on the Constellation in Aqua Class.(Jan 20-25).

It was the second time on the Constellation this year, but first time in Aqua Class and first time cruising in the Caribbean.

Love the perks for Aqua Class, nice bottle of bubbly, canapes each afternoon,great shower with jets. Also a free pass to Persian Gardens. It is a series of small rooms, turkish bath, dry Sahara room, herbal steam room, all with heated tiled benches and two knids of showers. It made for a wonderful relaxing afternoon.the Thassoltherpay pool is open to all. We did the Persian garden first, then the pool.

Eating in Blu for breakfast and dinner was nice. It is like your own specialty restaraunt. But the one thing I did not like was the sauce that came with the beef/steak dishes. I asked that they serve it on the side. I like my steak just plain and medium rare.

the first night we got a 30% discount if we wanted to eat in Oceanliners, which we did. Love that restaraunt.

You will not be the youngest on this cruise. We had many folks who were in their twenties and thirties and first time cruisers on this five day cruise. Very different from all the other cruises I have done on Celebrity.

Edited by Azulann

The Connie was our favorite ship before the advent of the S class. Therefore, I cannot help you with significant recent information, except to state that there is a T pool, which is a wonderful venue for exercise and relaxation. We love AQ on the S class, but have never experienced it on the M class, but I would imagine it would be just fine. Insofar as cabin celection is concerned AQ would be fine, but we have never experienced it on the M class.

Lastly, you may wish to ignore the negative comments vis-a-vis this ship on another thead in this forum. Or, on the other hand, you may wish to consider said comments if you can determine the cabin occupied by said poster.

We did 3 B2Bs last summer on the Connie and absolutely loved her. The T Pool is great and we loved the staff and everything about the ship.

If Captain Tasos is still the captain you will be in for a real treat :)

Beryl

I've always loved the Connie - she is a great ship. Some people who love the larger, newer S class ships just don't like the older and smaller M class ships (of which Connie is one). Unless you have to have everything brand spanking new and more entertainment options, you should like Connie just fine. The t-pool is wonderful - many of us just do not understand why that feature did not transfer to the S class ships. Blu has good food, although Celebrity in general is known for good dining so eating in the main dining room would probably suit you as well. There are also specialty restaurants on Celebrity which are another notch up in quality and service. I personally don't think the whole Persian Garden thing is worth much at all - some like it but I don't think that would influence my decision to pick Aqua Class. Same goes for their other perks, with the exception of Blu. That is a nice experience, and I particularly like eating breakfast there.

Hi,

I recently cruised aboard the Celebrity Constellation (December 2013) on a five-night Caribbean cruise and enjoyed the ship. The ship is well-maintained and the crew members are very friendly and efficient. Because the ship is sailing on shorter cruises, I think it is attracting a younger crowd. I am in my late 40's and noticed plenty of people who were younger than me. I particularly enjoyed dinner in Ocean Liners and the Tuscan Grille. Also, be sure to try lunch at Bistro on Five and the ice cream in the Oceanview Cafe (the buffet). I also recommend the brunch held on one of the sea days in the main dining room.

Chuck