Stick with Sweet 16 or move to CC aft?

Iamthesea

What would you do? It's a 5 day on Connie with 3 people for $360 upgrade cost. I realize that the stateroom is not much larger, but isn't the balcony larger in an aft CC? One thing that I worry about is that this would be during Spring Break time and the Sunset Bar could be noisy at night. What time do they close?

I've had both the Sweet 16 and CC aft and the aft balcony is HUGE even compared to the larger Sweet 16 balconies. We did hear some late night guitar playing on the Sunset Bar but that didn't bother us. The bar probably closed about 11.00 to midnight; don't quote me on it.

However, a 5 night cruise during spring break, hmmm.... even if the bar is closed there still might be people just hanging around out back. So I would say no guarantee it will be quiet even if the bar is closed. Just my take on it.

However, a 5 night cruise during spring break, hmmm.... even if the bar is closed there still might be people just hanging around out back. So I would say no guarantee it will be quiet even if the bar is closed. Just my take on it.

Hmmm....11:00 closing doesn't bother me, but people hanging out at all hours could. :eek:

At $360 for such a short cruise, I'd probably stick with the Sweet 16. Unless you really love spending time on your balcony or need a few extra Captain's Club points.

The larger balcony is a draw, though is it really usable in the rain with those awnings? Can't water leak through?

No need for extra CC points as we are Elite. I guess the cost isn't really a factor. The convenience of the aft is really drawing me, not to mention the view.

Edited by Iamthesea

Take the CC aft before you loose the opportunity.

I too have had both. The CC cabin actually is larger and has more storage. The size difference is small but enough to be noticeable and make a small difference even with just 2 of us.

The Sweet 16 veranda size is nice. The CC aft veranda size is incredible. We've had parties on those aft verandas with well over a dozen guests and didn't feel cramped.

I like the cabin location and views a lot more in the aft as well.

...The larger balcony is a draw, though is it really usable in the rain with those awnings? Can't water leak through? ....
Roughly 1/3 of the veranda roof will be solid steel, a little more than a third will be the awning and the end will be open to the sky. The part under the steel will stay dry unless it is windy and remember that most of the wind will be blocked as you are in the aft of the ship. The part under the canvas will have most of any rain blocked but not all of it. The canvas makes a better sun shade than a rain block.

One additional comment on noise. If the cabin is on deck 9 then there will be some noise from the deck above from moving furniture including early AM and late night. This really bothers some people and some not at all. I've never stayed in a deck 9 aft cabin but have known many "aft cabin fans" who have. Their general opinion is that it is noticeable enough that they'd prefer deck 8 or 7 but not so bad that they'd take a pass on the aft cabin.

Edited by Lsimon

Hmmm....11:00 closing doesn't bother me, but people hanging out at all hours could. :eek:

The larger balcony is a draw, though is it really usable in the rain with those awnings? Can't water leak through?

No need for extra CC points as we are Elite. I guess the cost isn't really a factor. The convenience of the aft is really drawing me, not to mention the view.

Have you had an aft balcony before? Seems like an opportunity to try it at a fairly cheap price. If you do not like it at least you will not be on a 14 day cruise.

Edited by TomBeckCruise

Yes, we have been aft before. We cruised the Millie many years ago with my parents, our TA booked us in the HC rooms. Those were HUGE!

OK, one more option to decide on. CC 6144 is also available. It is suppose to have a larger balcony and is near aft, but not under the bar. How does it compare?

Edited by Iamthesea

What would you do? It's a 5 day on Connie with 3 people for $360 upgrade cost. I realize that the stateroom is not much larger, but isn't the balcony larger in an aft CC? One thing that I worry about is that this would be during Spring Break time and the Sunset Bar could be noisy at night. What time do they close?

Hopefully this cruise is not too crazy, we are booked on it as well.

I would take the aft balcony for sure! Sweet 16s are nice, but really no comparison. Cabin 6144 is in "suiteland" and is a lovely cabin with a large balcony. Do a search for pics. That cabin would be #1 and then the aft #2 for me.

I would take the aft balcony for sure! Sweet 16s are nice, but really no comparison. Cabin 6144 is in "suiteland" and is a lovely cabin with a large balcony. Do a search for pics. That cabin would be #1 and then the aft #2 for me.

I'd go for the aft one myself.

I'm going against the flow here. For that amount of money for a five day cruise there is no way I would change cabins. There are advantages to the aft cabins, but for just five days, no way. For that money you could have a couple of specialty dinners for the same cost. If I had a longer cruise with a lot of sea days, different answer.

I'd go for the aft one myself.

UGH! This is not making my decision any easier. I am leaning toward the side because of noise issues above. I think if it were Deck 8 or 7, I'd feel differently.

I'm going against the flow here. For that amount of money for a five day cruise there is no way I would change cabins. There are advantages to the aft cabins, but for just five days, no way. For that money you could have a couple of specialty dinners for the same cost. If I had a longer cruise with a lot of sea days, different answer.

Three women, two of them young adults and 2 sea days. That 1' wider stateroom and extra long balcony will make a difference. :D BTW- I tried to upgrade to the SkySuite 2, but there are none left other than the HC's. The SS1's are more than I want to spend to upgrade.

Edited by Iamthesea

UGH! This is not making my decision any easier. I am leaning toward the side because of noise issues above. I think if it were Deck 8 or 7, I'd feel differently.

Three women, two of them young adults and 2 sea days. That 1' wider stateroom and extra long balcony will make a difference. :D BTW- I tried to upgrade to the SkySuite 2, but there are none left other than the HC's. The SS1's are more than I want to spend to upgrade.

Ha Ha, decisions decisions!!!!!!

Well OT, but while you try to regain composure "what is the weather like in your neck of the woods"? I have heard it could get nasty there.:eek:

It's nasty! Schools out today or early dismissal. Daughters (both teachers) and grandbaby back home safely after all started the day as planned. We have about 2" of snow and it just picked up. Will probably end up with 3". Better than Saturday where we got 4" on our hill, but it is much colder today. :eek: 18 now, but dropping to 8 tonight with snow tapering off. Our neighborhood roads look bad as the snow plows and salt trucks could not do much in this cold. Main streets were looking good when V came home. He closed the bank at 2:00. ;)

Back to my decision. :rolleyes:

I made the decision today. ;)

Decided against the Sweet 16 and the CC aft :eek: and instead went with the side/aft stateroom. However, instead of booking the CC 6144, I went with 6145! Yes, that's right...The weather has kept me cooped up in the house and I was depressed :(, so upgraded to a Sky Suite 1! :D

For those interested, this is no ordinary SS1...It's a suite connected to the Penthouse Suite and the stateroom is slightly larger, has a huge bath, and the décor is more in line with the PS. The veranda is also larger. Really looking forward to the larger bathroom with three women sharing. :)

I did a lot of research on 6145/6146 and weighed the Pros & Cons.

Check out these links:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32831981&postcount=18

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32835849&postcount=19

LibraryLady's link to the same suite on Summit:

http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/librarylady19/library/Celebrity%20Summit%2012-2010?sort=6&page=1

I made the decision today. ;)

Decided against the Sweet 16 and the CC aft :eek: and instead went with the side/aft stateroom. However, instead of booking the CC 6144, I went with 6145! Yes, that's right...The weather has kept me cooped up in the house and I was depressed :(, so upgraded to a Sky Suite 1! :D

For those interested, this is no ordinary SS1...It's a suite connected to the Penthouse Suite and the stateroom is slightly larger, has a huge bath, and the décor is more in line with the PS. The veranda is also larger. Really looking forward to the larger bathroom with three women sharing. :)

I did a lot of research on 6145/6146 and weighed the Pros & Cons.

We know folks who were in 6146 on the Infinity TA we were on this fall, and they very much enjoyed it.

Have a great time!

We know folks who were in 6146 on the Infinity TA we were on this fall, and they very much enjoyed it.

Have a great time!

Thank you for that....I hope we do. ;)

I like your style ;)

Thank you, I liked my style, too. :D

Edited by Iamthesea