Carlos Bakery

jrs7306

They are open until they run out of lobster tails. Shocker!! Yes, they are pay extra.

Sorry. I haven't been on BA or GA yet. I'm sure you will figure it out once onboard.

Happy Sailing

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Is everything pay extra? And would you know what type of selection they have and hours they are open?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You pay for everything in there...I know you can get birthday cakes for $50 but that's all I know...

The regular hours are quite limited, but the Atrium Cafe also offers Carlo's products. Both have a limited menu as compared to the shoreside bakeries.

One downside of all this, is there are no longer free pastries offered at the Atrium Cafe......

My experience on the Breakaway was that freshness is an issue as they can only restock once a week when in port. For Breakaway at least that is in New York where Carlo's is. For Getaway I'm guessing product will either be flown to Florida or made by a local bakery. So everything is, and feels like and tastes like it has been frozen/refrigerated for too long. Prices seemed high to me even by New York standards. I think it was about $20 for a smallish bag of mixed "Italian" cookies. The rugelach were good and you could buy them by the piece for about $1 each but were also cold from fridge. There were some specialty deserts in the case that looked very similar to those available elsewhere on the ship. Perhaps they beef up the inventory in Carlo's Bake Shop with some NCL deserts. I would say make a side trip to Jersey for the real Carlo's (it really is that good) and take advantage of the plentiful "free" food available all over the ship. :)