When Breakaway meets Getaway..?

FreestyleNovice

Breakaway will be back in NY 31 Jan 0800 and leaving again at 1800, will it dock side to side with the Getaway aka Superbowl hotel or any chance we will see them together?

Would love to see the photos!

I'm waiting for this as well.

I have seen photos of two NCL ships going thru the Panama Canal together.

I'm waiting for this as well.

I have seen photos of two NCL ships going thru the Panama Canal together.

Hopefully NCL will take advantage of the 5ht of Feb, both ships will be near GSC/Nassau, some coordination and it would be a great photo op! The Pearl is also around at the same time.

MSC did a great duo sailaway from IJmuiden (Amsterdam) this year:

pb_15_20130718_foto_persbericht_cruise_ijmuiden_en_amsterdam_msc_540x360.jpg

Since the Breakaway is doing a 2 niter, it will be back on 2 Feb for another chance to see them together. And the Gem will get a chance, too....later today.....

Incredible to see 3 ships from NCL in New York in mid-winter....

haven't seen the likes of that since Cunard staged their "Three Queens" rendevous in New York Harbor a few years ago.

Too bad NCL couldn't have staged a similar publicity stunt........:)

Strange, The Gem just pulled in and went all the way down to the pier and made a u-turn. Where is she going to dock. Looks like she is leaving again. :confused:

Funny...I almost posted the same question early this morning. I noticed Getaway coming way out in the harbor around 6:30 then noticed the Gem had pulled out and started moving towards open water and I thought she had to move for Getaway. Then she went back to the dock where she originally was. I was confused too.

Haha.

Can't get fired cuz I haven't made final payment yet!!!!!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

HA!! Me either. I meant from your job. Didn't you say early this morning while we were watching Getaway come in that you were going to get fired? Or was that somebody else like me without a life at 6:30 a.m.? :eek:

The Gem's lifeboats are in the water.

No, those are Getaway's lifeboats. Only Pier 88 Berth 2 (north side) is equipped with specialized gangways (specifically brought in for Breakaway) that allow enough clearance for the overhang of Breakaway/Getaway's lifeboats. Breakaway is going to be taking Berth 2 for her normal operations, so Getaway will be at Berth 1 for the Bud Light Superbowl festivities. This will also have the added advantage of putting Getaway directly across from USS Intrepid, which Bud Light has also taken over for the party. Since Berth 1 doesn't have the appropriate gangways to accommodate the overhang, several of Getaway's forward lifeboats had to be removed earlier this morning prior to docking.