Emerald Princess Cruise Blog with TONS of photos, videos! Caribbean 10-Day Jan 18-28

JustinPlusLauren

Really enjoying your blog and excellent photography. We were on the Emerald last year and had a wonderful time. Thank you for taking the time to do this - looking forward to more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catguy7 - Thank you so much! The Emerald is a wonderful ship and I'm happy you had a good time as well!

Javaholic - you're gonna love the ship! I'm excited for you! wish we were back on board right now!

Here's the latest update - day 4 of our cruise in St. Thomas, USVI! We took a Princess excursion over to Trunk Bay in St. John for some snorkeling! It was a perfect day outside for swimming and snorkeling and we had a fantastic time. It was Justin's first time snorkeling and this trip definitely got him hooked.

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-snorkeling-at-trunk-bay-st-john-us-virgin-islands-day-4/

Here's the latest update - day 4 of our cruise in St. Thomas, USVI! We took a Princess excursion over to Trunk Bay in St. John for some snorkeling! It was a perfect day outside for swimming and snorkeling and we had a fantastic time. It was Justin's first time snorkeling and this trip definitely got him hooked.

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-snorkeling-at-trunk-bay-st-john-us-virgin-islands-day-4/

Lauren, that is the exact tour we've booked for our day in St Thomas. So good to read that you enjoyed it! I'm very eager to read what you thought of Magic Ice.... we're thinking of heading there as well!! :cool:

Lauren, that is the exact tour we've booked for our day in St Thomas. So good to read that you enjoyed it! I'm very eager to read what you thought of Magic Ice.... we're thinking of heading there as well!! :cool:

We thought Magic Ice was really awesome! There were so many art sculptures and we really enjoyed it there. It was something really different than anything we had seen in the Caribbean before! It was also fun to drink at the ice bar :)

One thing I can say to anyone thinking of going to Magic Ice - just go on your own, not on a ship tour. The ship tour to go there for Princess was $49 a person and you just get to go to Magic Ice, then have some free time in downtown Charlotte Amalie, and then come back. The admission price to Magic Ice is only $22 a person and to get a taxi from Crown Bay there there and back is $8 ($4 each way). So between the two of us by doing this on our own, we saved $40! Plus, we weren't there with a large tour group or anything.

Here's the latest blog post all about Magic Ice, with some other ship stuff thrown in there, too!

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-magic-ice-in-st-thomas-us-virgin-islands-day-4/

We thought Magic Ice was really awesome! There were so many art sculptures and we really enjoyed it there. It was something really different than anything we had seen in the Caribbean before! It was also fun to drink at the ice bar :)

One thing I can say to anyone thinking of going to Magic Ice - just go on your own, not on a ship tour. The ship tour to go there for Princess was $49 a person and you just get to go to Magic Ice, then have some free time in downtown Charlotte Amalie, and then come back. The admission price to Magic Ice is only $22 a person and to get a taxi from Crown Bay there there and back is $8 ($4 each way). So between the two of us by doing this on our own, we saved $40! Plus, we weren't there with a large tour group or anything.

Here's the latest blog post all about Magic Ice, with some other ship stuff thrown in there, too!

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-magic-ice-in-st-thomas-us-virgin-islands-day-4/

Here in Wisconsin we pretty much been living in "Magic Ice" for the last two months.

Here in Wisconsin we pretty much been living in "Magic Ice" for the last two months.

Yeah, we're from the Toronto area so it is very snowy and icy here, too...I feel your pain! It is kinda funny that we chose to go to an ice sculpture exhibit but the nice thing was, we got to walk back outside into the hot sun after we were done... we'll have to wait a few more months for that to happen back here at home!

The Day 4 video is posted! This is from St. John and St. Thomas. We went snorkeling at Trunk Bay in St. John and went to Magic Ice in St. Thomas. There are also some iguanas featured in the video from the Crown Bay pier :) Here's the link:

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-video-st-john-st-thomas-day-4/

*If you watch via Youtube from the Youtube site, make sure you switch it over to HD to watch so it is the best quality!

We've posted all about Day 5 - Dominica!! We went whale and dolphin watching and it was AMAZING. We saw so much wildlife that day and it was really magical!

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-whale-dolphin-watching-dominica-day-5/

What beautiful pictures of the whales and dolphins, You were very lucky!. We are going in April but it may be too late to see so much wildlife. Thanks for sharing.

What beautiful pictures of the whales and dolphins, You were very lucky!. We are going in April but it may be too late to see so much wildlife. Thanks for sharing.

There are whales that live in the area year round and I've heard there are sightings into April, so you may have good luck! I read in one location online that the best months were Feb-Apr, but we had amazing luck in January (some sites said Jan-Mar). If it's something you're interested in, I would give it a chance! With that said, there are so many amazing places to visit in Dominica - I've been there on 2 other occasions and going to TiTou Gorge and the hot springs on another cruise were a highlight for me, too!

Now we're onto the post about Grenada - Day 6 of the cruise! We were supposed to go snorkeling...but there was an unfortunate turn of events that turned into a FORTUNATE turn of events as we ended up having a fantastic day! See how we handled the situation:

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-unexpected-tour-in-grenada-day-6/

Thanks for the update on Grenada. Just a heads up that we once brought back spice necklaces from Grenada and left them in a plastic bag that they gave us. They were all mouldy by the time we got home. Make sure they are not sealed in plastic because they are very fresh and have a lot of moisture in the spices still. Once they really dry out, they will not do this.

Thanks for the update on Grenada. Just a heads up that we once brought back spice necklaces from Grenada and left them in a plastic bag that they gave us. They were all mouldy by the time we got home. Make sure they are not sealed in plastic because they are very fresh and have a lot of moisture in the spices still. Once they really dry out, they will not do this.

Yeah, I know the person who sold them to us told us to take them out of the plastic bag when we got back to the ship and to hang them up. Then when we went home, we put them into our suitcase in a paper bag and they were fine for the few hours until we got home. So sorry to her that they got wrecked! :( They are so lovely to have around!

Maybe I will mention a line in the blog to warn other people not to keep them in the plastic bag....thanks!

Here's part 2 of our Grenada Tour - a visit to Annandale Falls and Grand Etang Lake!

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-annandale-falls-grand-etang-lake-grenada-day-6/

Annandale Falls was a beautiful waterfall that had some entertaining cliff jumpers there! Grand Etang Lake was a lake in an extinct volcano crater. The water was a very pretty color! Both destinations are must-see in Grenada if you love nature and beautiful scenery!

Great reading!

Thank you so much for checking it out! :)

The final installment of Grenada is posted now! We went to a rum tasting to try some authentic homemade spiced rum (138 proof! whoa!) and made a visit to Grand Anse Beach (so beautiful!). You can also see the rest of the day on board including dinner time and the Ultimate Deck Party.

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-grand-anse-beach-drinking-rum-grenada/