Emerald Princess Cruise Blog with TONS of photos, videos! Caribbean 10-Day Jan 18-28

JustinPlusLauren

Our final day on board the Emerald Princess (so sad!!!!) but it was a very eventually day! We went to a cooking demo, a galley tour, dinner with the Baked Alaska parade, the International Crew Talent show with a performance of If I Were Not Upon the Sea! It's all included with tons of photos here:

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-sea-day-aboard-the-emerald-princess-day-10/

I have so enjoyed your blog and pictures. Thanks for sharing. We spent 28 days aboard the Emerald last May. She is a beautiful and incredible ship.Your blog brought back so many beautiful memories.

Edited by Grammyluvs

Hi Lauren and Justin!

I just this morning had the opportunity to read your blog from start to finish. Wow!! What gorgeous photos and your detailed writing made it all so much fun to read. It's interesting to think, "Now, what did we do on the Emerald Princess that day?"

Sorry you got stung on Aruba. I think that was the cruise where I was stung at Klein Bonaire, under my watch band, of all places. I had welts and my hand was swollen for a couple of days. You didn't mention it again, so hopefully didn't have any lasting issues.

It was so fun to read the names of people we knew- Andrew, Maryna and Mike. Andrew went home right after that cruise, I think, and I missed him! He would ask us every embarkation day lunch, "Did you travel long to get here?" It became a joke between us.

I will stay up with your blog for news of future travels. I so loved your posts about Put in Bay, because that place is synonymous with our dating and early marriage...over 30 years ago, before you were born, I'm sure. Speaking of that, you must have been among the youngest people on the Emerald Princess that cruise. It varied over the winter, but those January cruises had the most senior passenger demographic.

Anyways, thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into your blog. I especially admire you for doing it after you got home. I have to do mine on the ship; once I get home things get too crazy to write.

Hi Lauren and Justin!

I just this morning had the opportunity to read your blog from start to finish. Wow!! What gorgeous photos and your detailed writing made it all so much fun to read. It's interesting to think, "Now, what did we do on the Emerald Princess that day?"

Sorry you got stung on Aruba. I think that was the cruise where I was stung at Klein Bonaire, under my watch band, of all places. I had welts and my hand was swollen for a couple of days. You didn't mention it again, so hopefully didn't have any lasting issues.

It was so fun to read the names of people we knew- Andrew, Maryna and Mike. Andrew went home right after that cruise, I think, and I missed him! He would ask us every embarkation day lunch, "Did you travel long to get here?" It became a joke between us.

I will stay up with your blog for news of future travels. I so loved your posts about Put in Bay, because that place is synonymous with our dating and early marriage...over 30 years ago, before you were born, I'm sure. Speaking of that, you must have been among the youngest people on the Emerald Princess that cruise. It varied over the winter, but those January cruises had the most senior passenger demographic.

Anyways, thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into your blog. I especially admire you for doing it after you got home. I have to do mine on the ship; once I get home things get too crazy to write.

Thank you SO much for commenting! I actually read your blog everyday! I've read it for a couple of years now and love following your journeys on the Emerald. I actually saw you and G on the ship at dinner time - we were seated one evening in Darko's section! I was going to go over and say hello but then I chickened out :o it was almost like spotting a celebrity in a restaurant or something, haha! I should have gone over and said hello though because I do really enjoy your blog.

Thank you so much for blogging so diligently - I couldn't imagine doing that on a daily basis, I really do understand how much work can be involved (AND on ship internet access, which can be not the greatest at times!) so I think all of your thousands of readers appreciate the effort you put into your daily blog! It must feel strange now that you don't have to post anymore! I'm already missing reading your blog every day!

Oh yes, being stung in Aruba was not fun! But, everything was totally fine even that afternoon while we were walking around the port area. I'm not sure if the vodka on my leg helped (I think it did!) or the one-too-many rum punches I consumed helped with the whole process (maybe!), but I was totally fine afterwards. Everyone on the same excursion as us was so sweet, people even coming up to me afterwards asking if I was okay! It sounds like you had it way worse than me when you got stung. Sorry to hear that you had to deal with that for a couple of days!!! On our Woodwind excursion, one of our guides actually got stung! It happens, I guess!

Oh, I loved all of the crew members on board! It was so funny when we arrived to board the ship and we spotted one of Justin's friends from college working on board the ship! We had no idea that Mike worked on board the Emerald - Justin just knew he left to work as a photographer on a cruise ship. What are the odds! It was even funnier to see him dressed as a pirate when we got off the ship in Nassau :) I think he's now been moved over to work on the Golden.

I loved Andrew - he was AMAZING! He always checked to make sure our meal requests were okay and helped us out so much. There was also a really sweet waitress who worked at the opposite end of the dining room than the section with Darko - she said that she was married to one of the head waiters (not Andrew though) - we were only seated in her section once and never caught her name, maybe you might know her name?

People kept telling us - you are the youngest people on this ship! Truth be told, I'm a bit older than I look (turning 32 this year ahh!) but Justin is a few years younger than I am. I started cruising on Princess with my ex a bunch of years ago - my first cruise was when I was 22, so I was likely one of the youngest people on board back then! I love Princess though and it might take a fabulous itinerary on board another cruise line to make me switch. Regardless, I'm at my happiest when I'm on board a cruise ship!

We LOVE Put-in-Bay! Most people up here in the Toronto area haven't heard of PIB - that was my second time going (I went with one of my girlfriends two summers ago). We had a blast there! Not sure if we will be going back this summer - might be thinking about going somewhere new - but we will be back to PIB sometime in the future!

I'm really happy that you read through our blog! That really means a lot! Reading your blog every day after we came back from the cruise helped me deal with my post-cruise sadness with being back in the daily grind.

I still have a couple more posts to do regarding the cruise and a couple more videos to post! They'll be posted very soon, hopefully all this weekend!

I have so enjoyed your blog and pictures. Thanks for sharing. We spent 28 days aboard the Emerald last May. She is a beautiful and incredible ship.Your blog brought back so many beautiful memories.

I would have LOVED to have stayed on board for longer! That's amazing you got to sail for 28 days last year. This cruise felt like a good amount of time but we were both really sad to leave. We definitely could have kept on cruising for 28 days (or...beyond!) if it weren't for having to return to work. We loved the Emerald and I'm happy that our blog brought back some memories for you!

The photos of the desserts literally made my mouth water. A tribute to the pastry team and to your photography skills.

The pastry team is quite talented! Not only for doing those sculptures, but I have no idea how the staff on board can constantly have fresh desserts in so many areas of the ship, freshly baked bread all the time....I'm always amazed at how smoothly everything runs with regards to the kitchen staff!

I actually saw you and G on the ship at dinner time - we were seated one evening in Darko's section! I was going to go over and say hello but then I chickened out :o it was almost like spotting a celebrity in a restaurant or something, haha!

Oh, please. I wished you had; we would have loved to meet you! Glad you were able to meet Darko; isn't he a doll? And Komang's son would have been born about that time, too. They were a wonderful wait team, and we miss them a lot.

I have been a diver for 16 years and a snorkeler longer than that, and that was the first time I got stung. At first I thought I would have to take the water taxi back to Bonaire and return to the ship (it hurt pretty hard), but, diehard that I am, I didn't want to shorten my snorkeling time. I just put hydrocortisone cream on it when I did get back to the cabin (but I like the vodka cure more). ;)

I will look forward to the videos and remaining posts.

Oh, please. I wished you had; we would have loved to meet you! Glad you were able to meet Darko; isn't he a doll? And Komang's son would have been born about that time, too. They were a wonderful wait team, and we miss them a lot.

I have been a diver for 16 years and a snorkeler longer than that, and that was the first time I got stung. At first I thought I would have to take the water taxi back to Bonaire and return to the ship (it hurt pretty hard), but, diehard that I am, I didn't want to shorten my snorkeling time. I just put hydrocortisone cream on it when I did get back to the cabin (but I like the vodka cure more). ;)

I will look forward to the videos and remaining posts.

Well, I hope that we will cross paths in the future and perhaps be aboard the same cruise ship again! :)

Oh wow, that was your first time getting stung? You're so tough for sticking it out and continuing to snorkel through the pain! I can imagine that it hurt a lot! I can also understand wanting to stay at Klein Bonaire...that was the best snorkeling I've ever seen, it is incredible there!

And yes, while we only sat in Darko's section once, he was very sweet and it would have been great getting to know him better - although I feel as though I do a little bit from reading your blog! And Komang's son...wow I couldn't imagine being away during the birth of a child, the people who work on cruise ships sacrifice so much to give their families better lives, it is truly amazing!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your pictures and videos. It was so much fun reading about your trip and re-living memories from ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the last day of our journey aboard the Emerald Princess - disembarkation day! There are some photos and video here, along with some helpful tips!

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-disembarkation-day-flying-home

One more post to go...I'll be posting a photo tour of the Emerald Princess hopefully tomorrow! Thank you to everyone who has followed along with our blog!

And finally....the last blog post! A photo tour of the Emerald Princess where we were so fortunate to call home for 10 days.

Thank you SO much to everyone who has been following along our blog, I'm happy that you have enjoyed our photos, write-ups, and video and were able to join us! I blog about all of our travels so feel free to join up with us on Twitter or Facebook (links on the blog), or subscribe to our blog by email to follow along in the future! Of course, if we go on another cruise, I'll be blogging all about it, too! Thanks again everyone for all of your comments and support! :)

http://justinpluslauren.com/photo-tour-emerald-princess-cruise-ship/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! It's me again :) I just wanted to let everyone know that I wrote a blog post about "eating vegan on a cruise ship" which would likely apply to anyone with a special diet on a Princess ship. It's mostly for people new to cruising (or new to a special diet!) who would like to know how to make sure you are served your proper diet on board. I also posted pictures of all of our dinners for 10 days, so you can see what we ate as vegans!

Thanks for following along on our journey!

http://justinpluslauren.com/eating-vegan-on-a-cruise-ship/

I can barely remember to take pictures at the ports we visit - you took such great photos of your food. Thank you for all the time you have invested in this thread! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...