Emerald Princess Cruise Blog with TONS of photos, videos! Caribbean 10-Day Jan 18-28

JustinPlusLauren

Love the review so far, will be on the Emerald in 40 days! I have one question. I read that you arrived to the port at 10:15 and got thru security by 10:45, what time did you get to board the ship?

Thanks! Looking forward to the rest

Jen

You know, I didn't see a clock by that point but we are guessing we were on board by 12 or 12:30 ... They were boarding elite and platinum a bit before us!

Thank you! Unfortunately work has been keeping me away from the blog - we both work in the tv industry and I've been working 12 hour overnight shifts for the Olympics. But I'm getting a couple of days off after today, so I will be back to the blog :)

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you! Unfortunately work has been keeping me away from the blog - we both work in the tv industry and I've been working 12 hour overnight shifts for the Olympics. But I'm getting a couple of days off after today, so I will be back to the blog :)

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

What an exhausting two weeks this will be for the two of you! But GO CANADA, right? :D

What an exhausting two weeks this will be for the two of you! But GO CANADA, right? :D

Indeed! :)

We've updated the blog - day 2 of the trip in Nassau, Bahamas! From what I've heard, the Emerald doesn't stop too often in Nassau and it was in place of Princess Cays. We went on a segway tour and it was so much fun! All of the details and pics are here:

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-segway-tour-in-nassau-bahamas-day-2/

Indeed! :)

We've updated the blog - day 2 of the trip in Nassau, Bahamas! From what I've heard, the Emerald doesn't stop too often in Nassau and it was in place of Princess Cays. We went on a segway tour and it was so much fun! All of the details and pics are here:

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-segway-tour-in-nassau-bahamas-day-2/

Awesome photos and info, thanks! Lucky you to stop in Nassau instead of Princess Cays.

My husband and I have done a few Segway tours, and we LOVE them too. If you ever get the chance, do the advanced tour in San Francisco.... so much fun, and you get to ride down Lombard Street! :cool:

Nice job Lauren! I love your blog!

It was so nice to meet you two!

We did the Segways on the second 10 of our 20 day in Antigua and they were so fun. (I wrote you something on our roll call.)

I was hoping to get past some of the worst part of winter, and we came home to 10 degrees and a lot of snow. Hopefully it will all pass soon and Spring will be upon us all.

Thank you for bringing wonderful memories with your well written blog!

Kitty

canadarocks: Wow...the advanced tour in San Francisco sounds intense! I would hope to not go tumbling over the handle bars or anything LOL but sounds like a great time, maybe if we go there someday will have to try!

Kitty: Happy that you enjoy the blog! Lots more stuff still to come, especially with the tour we were both on in Bonaire together! Yes, it is so cold and snowy here...I just want winter to go away and spring to arrive!

The next blog post is up - the rest of our day in Nassau!

OP;

Thanks for providing the link. Sounds like you had a great cruise. The Emerald is a great ship. She holds a special place for us as she was the first Princess ship we sailed back in 2008.....:):):)

Bob

That's wonderful! I'm glad you're able to re-live some Emerald memories through my blog. We did have a great cruise and I'm having fun re-living the moments through writing the blog!

Coming up soon - a video from our day in Bahamas! And the next day's blog post, a day at sea!

I love your blog and hope to do something similar in the near future. I haven't got a clue how you built that without using a blogging site but I'll figure it out.. Keep up the great work, we all love watching your travels. :)

I'm using Wordpress with my own domain, it isn't too difficult to figure it out since you can choose a template and go from there. I would say the easiest site to use is blogger (which I have used before) but I do like the ability to customize everything with Wordpress!

Thank you checking out my blog! If you need any help with yours when the time comes, let me know! I'm by no means an expert but I will try my best to help!

Auntiejo - Thank you so much! That's so awesome that you keep checking for new posts! I hope to have a new one up tomorrow.

For now, I've posted a short video from our day in Nassau! Riding those segways around really was fun! And we managed to take a little video when we had some free time (aka. NOT while riding around the city streets / beach / hills!) and we managed to not fall off the segways while taking videos! :D

The link is up on the blog, and here's a direct link to the Youtube, too!

The newest post is up - this one details our entire Day 3, a day at sea!

We had a mostly relaxing day lounging around the pool, eating, and it was the first formal night on board. A little shout out to Cruise Critic in this blog post, as I think members of the forums would understand this most...I described a very interesting version of chair hogging that I had never seen before (with a pic!). I got a good laugh out of it and hopefully you will too.

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-day-sea-aboard-emerald-princess-day-3/

Another great blog post, thanks Lauren. Nice to know that the food on the Emerald is so good (great pictures btw!).

It's so awesome to see two young people who enjoy cruising. And you both look fabulous all dressed up! :cool:

Thanks for checking it out! I really enjoy getting all dressed up and I'm actually surprised I managed to fit all of my clothes in one suitcase - I brought a different dress for every night lol!! :o Justin brought like....hardly any clothes - how typical of a guy! So I know that he would have extra room in his suitcase if I needed it.

I love cruising and I definitely got Justin hooked with this vacation, too!

The newest post is up - this one details our entire Day 3, a day at sea!

We had a mostly relaxing day lounging around the pool, eating, and it was the first formal night on board. A little shout out to Cruise Critic in this blog post, as I think members of the forums would understand this most...I described a very interesting version of chair hogging that I had never seen before (with a pic!). I got a good laugh out of it and hopefully you will too.

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-day-sea-aboard-emerald-princess-day-3/

Enjoying your blog. We board the Emerald in March for Eastern Caribbean. Our first cruise. Was unsure about it, but your blog is getting me very excited! Bring on the sun!

Enjoying your blog. We board the Emerald in March for Eastern Caribbean. Our first cruise. Was unsure about it, but your blog is getting me very excited! Bring on the sun!

You are going to have an amazing time! I'm not sure how your winter has been, but it was such a relief for us to escape the cold and go somewhere hot and sunny! And to top it off, the cruise itself was fantastic and we had such a great time. Enjoy your cruise!!!