MUTS - what's playing

AndyPanda

For us, when MUTS was first introduced it was always something we looked forward to. Sitting in the sun sipping a beer, watching a movie - or sitting at night under the stars with a bag of popcorn was great.

Unfortunately now Princess plays the same older concerts over and over on the all their ships - many of which are - did I already mention - OLD. The same goes for their day time movies - how many times do I want to see Big, Back to the Future or Mr and Mrs Smith.

Three weeks ago the night time movies were:

Despicable Me 2

Now You See Me

The Way, Way Back

The Great Gatsby

Pacific Rim

Man of Steel

Oblivion

The Wolverine

World War Z

Most other stuff was pretty lame:

Concerts - Barry Manilow, James Taylor, Billy Joel, Genesis, Pink, Beyoncé, George Michael, Bon Jovi, Pavorati, Lionel Ritchie, Coldplay, Stevie Wonder, U2

Old Movies - Mr & Mrs Smith, Back to the Future, Fever Pitch, Lone Ranger, Big, Princess Bride, and Hitch

Just our opinion - others may like the older movies and the concerts during the day.

While currently we find MUTS a disappointment, as you can see from our signature we are loyal Princess cruisers - there are a lot of things that Princess does right, unfortunately MUTS just isn't one of them.

Thanks for the movie listings.

No kidding, Now You See Me is great! I saw it on MUTS. I would not have even known about it. It is about magicians, with a twist. See it for sure. Just great!

I haven't seen Man of Steel, so I could go for it, too.

I could watch Beyonce foe a while, on the big screen. Smile:)

The trouble with the Billy Joel concert is that I am then humming his songs, for the next month:)

I might get pizza slices for the movies:)

Thanks for the movie listings.

No kidding' date=' Now You See Me is great! I saw it on MUTS. I would not have even known about it. It is about magicians, with a twist. See it for sure. Just great!

I haven't seen Man of Steel, so I could go for it, too.

I could watch Beyonce foe a while, on the big screen. Smile:)

The trouble with the Billy Joel concert is that I am then humming his songs, for the next month:)

I might get pizza slices for the movies:)[/quote']

Man of Steel was STINKIN' AWESOME !! I'm not a big Superman fan, I like to walk the dark side with Batman and Wolverine (best one yet). And I can't stand Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe so DH had to drag me and bribe me to get me to go see it. What a terrific movie !

Don't write Pacific Rim off either, good movie with lots of heart and mayhem. Another movie we saw and then purchased and will gratefully watch again at MUTS.

By the way, did you see that twist coming ? I did not, which was wonderful ! I really love it when a movie can surprise me ! And yes, I realized Bruce Willis was dead in 6th Sense, body language gave it all away.

Man of Steel was STINKIN' AWESOME !! I'm not a big Superman fan, I like to walk the dark side with Batman and Wolverine (best one yet). And I can't stand Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe so DH had to drag me and bribe me to get me to go see it. What a terrific movie !

Don't write Pacific Rim off either, good movie with lots of heart and mayhem. Another movie we saw and then purchased and will gratefully watch again at MUTS.

By the way, did you see that twist coming ? I did not, which was wonderful ! I really love it when a movie can surprise me ! And yes, I realized Bruce Willis was dead in 6th Sense, body language gave it all away.

No, no way, I did not see the twist coming:). Totally fun and awesome!

Thanks so much for your movie thoughts and recommendations:)

I recently received an email for our 2/9 Royal cruise saying that Captain Phillips and Gravity would be playing. I hope they make it to MUTS. I think both will be fun on the big screen!

Thanks for telling about Gravity and Captain Phillips!

I will look forward to seeing Gravity on a cruise. It sounds so scary, I will need a crowd to watch it.

Definitely looking forward to Captain Phillips.

Thanks again!

I will look forward to seeing Gravity on a cruise. It sounds so scary' date=' I will need a crowd to watch it.

Thanks again![/quote']

Wow - watching a movie about pirates taking over a ship while on a ship. It's like watching Airport while on a plane. :D

I will look forward to seeing Gravity on a cruise. It sounds so scary' date=' I will need a crowd to watch it.

Thanks again![/quote']

Again, saw Gravity in the theater with my DH. He really wanted to go to the Imax but I didn't. If ever there was a movie made to be Imaxed, Gravity is the one.

Under the stars and out at sea is also a perfect venue in which to watch this film. Almost poetic !

I never thought of it as "scary" but it certainly did take your breath away a few times. It was beautiful and terrible (terrible like an F5 tornado, not terrible as in Spaceballs or Costner's Robin Hood) at the same time.

The gravity of the astronauts situation is harrowing but the against all odds triumph of the human spirit and ingenuity and sacrifices is heroic. Not scary, intense I think is a better description. You are definitely going to want that "crowd" to be very, very quiet. I kind of hope they have a midnight showing of the movie for just that reason.