LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS Feb 1-10, 2014

bhopal21

Thanks Carolyn. We see the staff at Crooner's right often and they are great.

Specialty restaurants have been very busy this week. Crown Grill more so than Sabatini's. Crown Grill had a large group tonight so we moved our reservation to tomorrow evening.

The Crab Shack started on the Ruby last evening and we went to see what it was like. It is held in a roped off area of Cafe Caribe and the charge is $20pp.

The service was great albeit a little disorganized as you would expect for the first evening but the king crab left a lot to be desired. It had been frozen so long that when you cut into the legs they were quite mushy and you were unable to pull the meat out in one piece.:( The boiled shrimp were very good along with the other items. Hopefully they will get the kinks ironed out soon.

Also at the Trident Grill from 6-9pm they are now offering chicken wings, beef skewers, etc. We plan to check that out in the next couple of days.

We are disembarking for a shorex in the am and will be back for muster to meet the new group coming onboard.

Mike:)

Henry just delivered our new cruise cards for the second segment along with some paper "In Transit" cards.

We were told to take our old cruise cards, the in transit cards, our new cruise cards and our passports when we depart for the shorex at 0730.

I guess I will need to shop for a man purse when we reach Las Olas.:D NOT.

As you can tell the internet improved a good bit today. It had only one way to go and that was to improve as it could not have been much slower.

Thanks Carolyn. We see the staff at Crooner's right often and they are great.

Specialty restaurants have been very busy this week. Crown Grill more so than Sabatini's. Crown Grill had a large group tonight so we moved our reservation to tomorrow evening.

The Crab Shack started on the Ruby last evening and we went to see what it was like. It is held in a roped off area of Cafe Caribe and the charge is $20pp.

The service was great albeit a little disorganized as you would expect for the first evening but the king crab left a lot to be desired. It had been frozen so long that when you cut into the legs they were quite mushy and you were unable to pull the meat out in one piece.:( The boiled shrimp were very good along with the other items. Hopefully they will get the kinks ironed out soon.

Also at the Trident Grill from 6-9pm they are now offering chicken wings, beef skewers, etc. We plan to check that out in the next couple of days.

We are disembarking for a shorex in the am and will be back for muster to meet the new group coming onboard.

This has my interest. Is this set up as part of a buffet that you pay an extra $20 for? Could I get it and still eat with my DH who would not get it (he doesn't like sea food)? What types of items are included for the $20 besides crab legs and boiled shrimp? Will it be every night or just on certain nights? Sorry for all the questions :o.

Henry just delivered our new cruise cards for the second segment along with some paper "In Transit" cards.

We were told to take our old cruise cards, the in transit cards, our new cruise cards and our passports when we depart for the shorex at 0730.

As you can tell the internet improved a good bit today. It had only one way to go and that was to improve as it could not have been much slower.

A murse is quite fashionable....

Oh, but the man purse is always so stylish!

We were on the 5 night 6 day cruise to Princess Cay and Grand Turk from 1/27 until 2/1. The pool water was really too cold to get in although several people did. Guessing they were either from Canada or the blustery northeast.

Our last Princess cruise was several years ago to Alaska. We were a group of six couples seasoned cruisers all of whom sailed Princess before. We enjoyed the ship which is in great condition but were disappointed with the food

We went in the pool every day on the Ruby 1/27 - 2/1/14 and yes we are from Massachusetts. Wished it was a tad bit warmer but it didn't take too long to get use to the water as it was quite warm on Deck. I do wish they heated the pool, though. They did on the Crown Princess a couple of years ago and we were pleasantly surprise.:eek:

Well that leaves us out....we would never be able to drink enough to fill a card :(:D
We were able to fill out the card by doing back-to-back 4-day cruises. On the second cruise, I made sure that all the drinks we had were on my card, just in case we won. Most evenings we had cocktails at the Platinum/Elite/Suite event at Skywalkers. Some nights we had two.

So much fun anticipating your postings every day! Thank you!

About the Crab Shack - would you still recommend it, mushy crab and all? We were planning to try it - but $20.00 pp is a bit steep if the fare is just mediocre.

Looking forward to your review of the Trident Grill's new offerings - so much food, so little time!:)

Just my/our opinion but I would give the Crab Shack a good 30 days before returning. I was really disappointed in the quality of the Alaskan King Crab. I am hoping that it was old stock onboard since it had obviously been in the freezer since I was a small child.

Wl try and report on the Trident Grill's new offerings after we reboard.

Mike

Keith we are on the Carrie B intercoastal waterway and mega mansion tour waiting to cast off.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Very nice. We did the Carrie B quite a few years ago.

Nice relaxing few hours.

Enjoy its still -9 here this morning.

A little warm up to 43 tomorrow. :eek:

NIce to come back to the Ruby when you are all done. :D

This has my interest. Is this set up as part of a buffet that you pay an extra $20 for? Could I get it and still eat with my DH who would not get it (he doesn't like sea food)? What types of items are included for the $20 besides crab legs and boiled shrimp? Will it be every night or just on certain nights? Sorry for all the questions :o.

i want to know too-- never enough questions--LOL

Crown grill for lobster-- or this seafood buffet?

Hi Mike,

We will be on the Ruby 9 day (5/4 b2b) starting Mar 1 and have a question about formal nights. Typically a 9 day would have 2 but a 5 day has 1 and a 4 day has none. Would you please let us know how many were on your cruise and which day.

Also, was there a lobster night in the main dining room.

Thank you

Dennis

Boarding next week and have a question regarding laundromats. Do I need quarters, tokens, or are they the new machines where you swipe your key card like on the Royal?

Thank you

Berni

Quarters. There is a change machine taking bills.