Ultimate vs Premium drink package

Tetromibi

Package prices for some European cruises are priced with the 18% gratuity included, so that's why the $35 per day package ended up at $42.

I did wonder if accounted for the different prices. Guessed it was either that or our VAT which is added on some cruises. We didn't sign for drinks so there was no slip to see the breakdown. How is the gratuity added to the package in the U.S.? Is it included in the package but shown separately on the bill?

I did wonder if accounted for the different prices. Guessed it was either that or our VAT which is added on some cruises. We didn't sign for drinks so there was no slip to see the breakdown. How is the gratuity added to the package in the U.S.? Is it included in the package but shown separately on the bill?

Yes, we see the gratuity as a separate line item on the bills, even when we purchase drinks without a package.

• 3 weeks later...

What are the after dinner shots in the MDR? I've been on just a couple cruises, suddenly I'm feeling like I missed out on something. I have another coming up on the Allure and bought the premium drink package when they were having their BOGO sale on them.

What are the after dinner shots in the MDR? I've been on just a couple cruises, suddenly I'm feeling like I missed out on something. I have another coming up on the Allure and bought the premium drink package when they were having their BOGO sale on them.

Those drinks usually ARE included in your Premium package. HOWEVER - the special shot glasses are NOT included. If you want the drink - just let the cocktail server know that you just want the shot. Or if you want the shot glass AND the shot - let them know to only charge you for the glass. They SHOULD know what you mean, especially after the first night.

(This may be different on each ship - but it was this way on both Freedom AND Allure.)

ENJOY!

There is an after dinner shooter every night, most contain Baileys. You may have to ask for them. They used to come around with a tray of them, but I have not seen this in a while.

11111.jpg.415341e42df6b3fe2b6b7ece75087d20.jpg

There is an after dinner shooter every night, most contain Baileys. You may have to ask for them. They used to come around with a tray of them, but I have not seen this in a while.

I haven't seen it since the drink packages came out.

This is by far the most informative discussion I've seen on these packages.

I recently advanced purchased the Ultimate package so that my wife (who does not drink much alcohol) could get the additional Coca Cola mug.

I spoke to RCCL before purchasing the package to verify if it would be included in the cruise we are taking in October. The representative confirmed it would be. Now I'm reading on other links that after 8/31/15, it is not included. I guess I'll have a definitive answer in a few days when someone returns from a September cruise if this is still in fact part of the pre-paid offer.

Any thoughts??

This is by far the most informative discussion I've seen on these packages.

I recently advanced purchased the Ultimate package so that my wife (who does not drink much alcohol) could get the additional Coca Cola mug.

I spoke to RCCL before purchasing the package to verify if it would be included in the cruise we are taking in October. The representative confirmed it would be. Now I'm reading on other links that after 8/31/15, it is not included. I guess I'll have a definitive answer in a few days when someone returns from a September cruise if this is still in fact part of the pre-paid offer.

Any thoughts??

We have received the Coca Cola tumbler every time we've purchased the Premium package - which is 6 timed and counting...no need for the ultimate for that. And if she doesn't drink much alcohol, why buy her an alcohol package at all? Maybe the Replenish (non-alcoholic) package would suit better? Still gets the tumbler also...then she could just pay for the few alcohol drinks she may imbibe?

Let me rephrase... An EXTRA tumbler for her as well as one for me.

No package includes an EXTRA Coca Cola tumbler. All drink packages are for only 1 person. However, you could give her yours if you buy a package and she can fill it at the freestyle machines, but it would be only 1 tumbler, even with the Ultimate package.

If your wife only wants a souvenir tumbler, you can buy the soda package at about 7.00 a day and she would have one for herself and you can get one with whatever drink package you choose.

No package includes an EXTRA Coca Cola tumbler. All drink packages are for only 1 person. However, you could give her yours if you buy a package and she can fill it at the freestyle machines, but it would be only 1 tumbler, even with the Ultimate package.

If your wife only wants a souvenir tumbler, you can buy the soda package at about 7.00 a day and she would have one for herself and you can get one with whatever drink package you choose.

I believe PSUfan1313 is referring to a recent promo wherein the purchaser of an Ultimate package was given an additional free Refreshment package for another guest, so in effect they got two tumblers.

I believe PSUfan1313 is referring to a recent promo wherein the purchaser of an Ultimate package was given an additional free Refreshment package for another guest, so in effect they got two tumblers.

Oooooooh.... I didn't see that promo... sounds like a good deal if you have someone traveling with you that doesn't drink alcohol or a child traveling with an adult. That makes sense... sorry if I confused anything. :rolleyes:

It looks like the promo is still in effect until August 31st. Must pre-purchase the package. It was under Share a Coke. I don't know if the sailing has to be by August 31st, or the purchase does.

It looks like the promo is still in effect until August 31st. Must pre-purchase the package. It was under Share a Coke. I don't know if the sailing has to be by August 31st, or the purchase does.

Wow! Really? Is that on RC's website?

Wow! Really? Is that on RC's website?

No, I googled it and found the original ad and the dates listed. I think you would have to call to make sure it is for packages PURCHASED by August 31st, not for SAILINGS before August 31st. Also whether your sailing was eligible...you know how these things go!

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

No, I googled it and found the original ad and the dates listed. I think you would have to call to make sure it is for packages PURCHASED by August 31st, not for SAILINGS before August 31st. Also whether your sailing was eligible...you know how these things go!

:( I'm sailing for Thanksgiving. So probably not. But I'll call anyway. Never know. I'm sailing with a teen and was planning to buy the Premium for me and the Replenish for him. All they can say is 'no'. :p

According to RCCL (when I called three weeks ago) it was for anything purchased in that time frame, but since then they have amended the terms saying "on sailings before August 31st".

Not what they confirmed to me. We'll see...

Ovation Of The Seas is coming to Australia - we usually sail on Celebrity here ( Solstice ) and always purchase a beverage Package . I have been trying to find out if a beverage package will be available on Ovation on the sail Sydney to Singapore January 2017 ? Any information appreciated .

Hi just making sure, I read here that drinks packages will be able to be used on embarkation day, but just making sure is this honoured once you board or only once the ship departs the wharf? Thanks

It's from once you board and have the sticker on your card, which you get at check-in.

Hi just making sure, I read here that drinks packages will be able to be used on embarkation day, but just making sure is this honoured once you board or only once the ship departs the wharf? Thanks

I can only think of two restrictions:

If the ship has a Freestyle machine and you purchased the package before the cruise, then you will have to wait until your stateroom opens to get the special cup needed for the Freestyle machine.

If you are sailing from Galveston, you will be limited in the types of alcohol you can get until the ship gets into international waters.

Ovation Of The Seas is coming to Australia - we usually sail on Celebrity here ( Solstice ) and always purchase a beverage Package . I have been trying to find out if a beverage package will be available on Ovation on the sail Sydney to Singapore January 2017 ? Any information appreciated .

There are several packages and they are available on all sailings of 3 nights or more, so yes you will be able to purchase a package on that trip.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. Is there a limit to the amount of drinks you can get in a day? Also, is there a time restriction between drinks; i.e. only 1 drink per hour? Thanks in advance for your help.

No limit and no minimum time period between drinks, except for the Freestyle machine. The Freestyle machine has something like a 15 minute limit

I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. Is there a limit to the amount of drinks you can get in a day? Also, is there a time restriction between drinks; i.e. only 1 drink per hour? Thanks in advance for your help.

Certainly not on both counts,in my experience anyway. If there were limitations such as these I wouldn't pay for a drinks package :eek: