What is the cost of a basic massage?

texasnana

I believe it is $119 plus an automatic 18% gratuity. Many specials are offered, however, especially on port days. I personally will never pay for a basic massage on a ship. Much too expensive compared to what I get at home.

From the Oasis (Dec 2013) Price List:

Deep Tissue Muscle Massage: $129 for 50 minutes or $179 for 75 min.

Swedish Massage: $119 for 50 minutes or $169 for 75 min.

Reflexology: $119 for 50 minutes

Couples Swedish Massage: $269 for 50 min or $365 for 75 min.

Plus gratuities.

Edited by jaspercat

Also, if you're in C&A, there will be a coupon to use for a percentage off a spa treatment.

I agree with the above post - the massage is good, but I can get a similar one at home without the post-massage pitch. In a normal massage this is what happens: you've completed a 50-minute massage, you're in relaxed place, your muscles feel limp, and the masseuse says, "You're massage is complete. I'll step out so you can get dressed. Take your time." This is what the RC masseuse says: "You're massage is complete. Let me tell you about the products that I used today and suggest which ones would be great for your skin. Would you like to buy any of them?"

Personally I will not get a massage on board ever again, way to expensive and not nearly as good as my therapist here at home. However, I always get the beach massages in port if they are offered at my locations. They are AWESOME, something about the waves crashing in the back ground and the smell of the coconut lotions they use... AWWW cant wait for my sailing in October. :D

Personally I will not get a massage on board ever again, way to expensive and not nearly as good as my therapist here at home. However, I always get the beach massages in port if they are offered at my locations. They are AWESOME, something about the waves crashing in the back ground and the smell of the coconut lotions they use... AWWW cant wait for my sailing in October. :D

Which ports have you done the beach massage?

Which ports have you done the beach massage?

Cozumel, Grand Cay and a private island (cant remember name) when I sailed on NCL. They were all AWESOME!! Wish I lived on the beach just so I could enjoy that every day of my life.:D

My brother and his wife live in Hawaii and she swears by their beach massages as well. I really think just knowing your in paradise and hearing the waves triggers something in our brains.