OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

Is it a possibility that those experiences are simply due to the ship getting re-adjusted following the retro-fit? Maybe just a fluke because this is the first sailing post-drydock? Just wondering why you would avoid cruising with Royal based on a single sailing...:confused:

That's why I'm here. I HOPE it's the shakedown cruise blues. For everyone's sake. I have no other cruises to compare it to. This was my first.

There was a booking snafu as well that I didn't relate the details of. Basically I didn't get the cabin class I paid for, was denied a refund of the difference, and wasn't offered a change of cabins until halfway through the cruise.

The mechanical issues are shakedown issues. The service issues are I hope just staffing and training issues. The booking side of things is a corporate issue.

All rolled together it doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth when my friends who just returned on the Carnival Magic from a 7-day cruise paid less than I did and had none of the issues.

They're going to give me a credit toward future cruise certificate, and I'll probably end up using it because I'm a cheapskate, and 20% is significant. But it will not be without apprehension.

Ok those sound like serious issues...

yes, on 3 out of the 4 nights both the mens public rooms and the women's were all on the fritz and locked, I had to go down to the 4th floor from WJ one night, my FIL 5 flights down. They must've really had a blockage somewhere!

We experienced the same waits for drinks in various places...but to be fair, those things are fixable. Those that had trouble should let them know about it, that's the only way they can fix it.

AustinRob, I won't cruise Carni either! LOL! To each his own, but don't let this isolated incident stop you from cruising RCCL again...

Cindy, we were at Izumi's at 6:30 Monday, were you there with us and I didn't even know it??? Oops just read the answer to my question LOL

Edited by BecciBoo

That's why I'm here. I HOPE it's the shakedown cruise blues. For everyone's sake. I have no other cruises to compare it to. This was my first.

There was a booking snafu as well that I didn't relate the details of. Basically I didn't get the cabin class I paid for, was denied a refund of the difference, and wasn't offered a change of cabins until halfway through the cruise.

The mechanical issues are shakedown issues. The service issues are I hope just staffing and training issues. The booking side of things is a corporate issue.

All rolled together it doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth when my friends who just returned on the Carnival Magic from a 7-day cruise paid less than I did and had none of the issues.

They're going to give me a credit toward future cruise certificate, and I'll probably end up using it because I'm a cheapskate, and 20% is significant. But it will not be without apprehension.

I'm sure the service issues were due to the fact that a lot of the crew went home prior to drydock and only signed back onto the ship the day you boarded. When crew return from vacation, they have training, orientation, safety drills etc for the first 2 weeks which limits their working hours. I'm sure in the next few weeks any service related issues will work themselves out.

The Ultimate is the one that's $55 per day.... worked out to $385 total for the 7 day we were on

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Yep the 55 a day is what she is looking at. Thank you for the info. I think she's going to talk me into it. :)

Jamie

I have a question about the cabin below yours. We are in 7688 (below you would be it's mirrored image 7388). Did you happen to notice if they had lounge chairs on their balcony? I've heard mixed reviews on this and wasn't sure if they were taken away during the dry dock. I've heard the rooms above can see into the balcony, so that's why I asked.

I have a question about the cabin below yours. We are in 7688 (below you would be it's mirrored image 7388). Did you happen to notice if they had lounge chairs on their balcony? I've heard mixed reviews on this and wasn't sure if they were taken away during the dry dock. I've heard the rooms above can see into the balcony, so that's why I asked.

I honestly didn't notice. I've had 7688 on Adventure of the Seas previously & I had 2 chairs, 2 loungers & a table. I think it was the same on this ship.

I stayed in 7688 on this cruise. The lounge chairs were not on the balcony so we asked for them. We tipped 20.00 and he brought them right away.

We have 7388 on the next cruise so we walked down there when the cabins were open yesterday. They were not out there.

Hi, We were in 7688 on this sailing. When we got in the cabin there was only 2 sit up chairs and a small table on the balcony. We asked out cabin steward if we would be able to get a couple of lounge chairs and he said he would see what he could do, we gave him a nice tip in advance, and he was back within the hour with 2 nice lounge chairs! I took a peak in 7388 on the last day and they only had the two sit up chairs.

We joked that we paid for all the folks after us to enjoy these, I doubt he is taking them away. The cabin steward was Adrian from Jamaica and he was really great!

I stayed in 7688 on this cruise. The lounge chairs were not on the balcony so we asked for them. We tipped 20.00 and he brought them right away.

We have 7388 on the next cruise so we walked down there when the cabins were open yesterday. They were not out there.

LOL, didn't realize my roommate already answered this! Love the pic of Freedom!

We sailed in this cabin on the TA and prior cruise in November (21 days); we had 2 chairs, 3 chaise and a table.

We have been in 7388 and 7688 on the Voyager and Mariner also - 7 TA's:D

Call your room steward and ask for them.

The cabin above cannot see into your balcony except at the railing.

Our favorite cabin on Voyager class ships:)

Hi, We were in 7688 on this sailing. When we got in the cabin there was only 2 sit up chairs and a small table on the balcony. We asked out cabin steward if we would be able to get a couple of lounge chairs and he said he would see what he could do, we gave him a nice tip in advance, and he was back within the hour with 2 nice lounge chairs! I took a peak in 7388 on the last day and they only had the two sit up chairs.

We joked that we paid for all the folks after us to enjoy these, I doubt he is taking them away. The cabin steward was Adrian from Jamaica and he was really great!

Isn't he marvelous? My kids were in that same cabin in the end of October and we hit some rough weather. When I remarked to Adrian that they were feeling a bit seasick, he said "Wait a minute" and with that he dashed down the service stairs and quick as a wink came back with two green apples. I'll be darned but they really helped. Adrian got my "WOW" of the week. :D

I can't believe that I am the only one that has "Thread Tools" And "Display Modes" at the bottom of the page, on the left. :D

Mine are on the top on the right where they have always been!

Mine too! Flip your monitor over so its right side up again, Coralc! :D

Isn't he marvelous? My kids were in that same cabin in the end of October and we hit some rough weather. When I remarked to Adrian that they were feeling a bit seasick, he said "Wait a minute" and with that he dashed down the service stairs and quick as a wink came back with two green apples. I'll be darned but they really helped. Adrian got my "WOW" of the week. :D

Awesome, Adrian got my WOW as well, and our other one went to Michelle in the Cafe Promenade, she was awesome and wrapped some cookies and scones "to go" with saran wrap over the plates! :)

It seems post drydock cruises are commonly out of the norm, because of things being readjusted. Personally I probably wouldn't book a cruise after dry dock for a couple of weeks. If I cruised several times a year it might be different.

In any case you will probably enjoy your next one a lot more.

Is the solarium pool heated? We were on Celebrity Silhouette last year and were disappointed that the solarium pool was cold. One of the things we love about the Royal ships is heated solarium pool (doesn't have to be "hot" but warm is wonderful).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome, Adrian got my WOW as well, and our other one went to Michelle in the Cafe Promenade, she was awesome and wrapped some cookies and scones "to go" with saran wrap over the plates! :)

Adrian is absolutely the best:D

He is onboard until next Sunday when he takes leave for 3 months, due back May 25th (when we board), but has requested to return in April.

We had him over for an early dinner prior to NOS leaving for the refit and last Tuesday helped him do his shopping errands on the island then to dinner for some burgers on Seawall.

We are so pleased to be counted among his friends:)

Is the solarium pool heated? We were on Celebrity Silhouette last year and were disappointed that the solarium pool was cold. One of the things we love about the Royal ships is heated solarium pool (doesn't have to be "hot" but warm is wonderful).

Sorry I can't answer that since I didn't swim. I'm sure someone on here will chime in with an answer soon.

Heated? All the Solarium pools i've ever been in reminded me of jumping in cold Lake Michigan as a child, including on Oasis.