Price Drop After Final Payment

mfabz

There are no refunds or credits after the final payment as per the contract we all agree to on purchase.

However, X will allow you to move to a higher category cabin if it is selling for more than the price of your existing cabin if you pay the price difference. You may lose other perks (1-2-3 etc.) depending on the fare and if it is a fare that was applicable to the promotion - this isn't always the car, but often is.

So you then need to weigh the value of the upgraded room versus the value of any perks you may lose.

Difference is Final Payment MADE versus Final Payment DUE deadline.

I note prior poster made final payment for a July cruse and then got a refund. Final payment wouldn't be due yet, so changes can be made until the final payment is DUE.

In essence, for US cruisers, if prior to final payment deadline, you cancel and rebook with new fare, thus generating a refund overall.

We made our final payment last week for a July 20th sailing and our TA was able to get me a $400 refund. Celebrity doesn't give on board credit. We are already in A class so no upgrade for us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

You may have made final payment, however, final payment for your cruise was not do yet. Even if you pay in full prior to final payment date you are still entitled to any price drops.

Final payment date is also known as the penalty date as after that date your booking is subject to cancellation fees.

We're on Reflection, late March, so we're past 'final' payment date. Between 'senior', residency' and military discounts, prices move around depending on unsold cabin categories. I just paid 'modest' upcharge (based on posted rates) to switch from Sunset Veranda to C2 concierge.

Similarly in the past I have gone the small upcharge route to improve my cabin selection. I always use a TA - not sure if that 'greases the skids' for these moves. I check prices every day and sometimes the price shift last only 24 hours ( I guess until unsold inventory adjusts).

Once I saw a price drop on X website on a Sat/Sunday and called TA on Monday to grab the $ adjustment, and the former higher price had reset. Fortunately, I had done a screen print from Sunday and the TA pushed back about the price change and got it accepted. Good Luck

As stated priviously you will lose the 123 promo if you have it.

You can call and get it adjusted if you feel it is worth losing the promo perks.

Edited by miched

I ended up with an upgraded cabin and some OBC after final payment had been due, but I was really really lucky.

All other times I've just been happy that I paid the price I was comfortable with and got the cabin of my choice when I booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by yayvacation!

Did you book through a TA or directly with celebrity. If it is the latter, then I would call and ask them. You don't risk anything in just asking. One never knows what can happen if you don't ask.

One time after I made final payment, prices did drop some and I called and spoke to my agent with celebrity and inquired about it. I told him it would be fine if nothing could be done, I was merely curious. He asked if I could hold for a moment and when he came back, he said that they usually don't do it, but because we were loyal customers (and frequent) they were going to give us the difference as an OBC ($100) and it would not effect our beverage package.

So again, it can't hurt to ask.

Last June 2 of us went aqua on the Reflection. This was booked almost a year out. 2 weeks after deposit was placed, the price went down $200 for the same cabin class. I spoke with three different people at Celebrity. They all said the promotion was for new bookings only. I then said return my deposit and I will rebook. Each person said, it doesn't work that way. You will not get the cheaper rate, because their computer shows when I orrigionally booked the cabin. I asked (nicely) can I get any OBC or anything? Answer, was no. I should add this did include free gratuites (before 123 promotion) cruise did go up for this class a few hundred dollars more than what the 123 would have covered. But, still, the people who booked 2 weeks after us saved $200 on cabin (which also included the free gratuities)---

I just don't understand then how all these people who have been on the same ship (Reflection) are able to get price reductions (Yes, I understand 5 star pricing, etc.) since last June,2013?

Just to add a note, I am waiting for the Bermuda Summit cruises to be listed for 2015. I know they will be released last week in March. I am very picky regarding cabin, especially on the Summit. Has anyone who booked early for this ship been able to get lower fare as prices dropped? I may just then hold off, instead of booking early on the Reflection....