cozumel ruins tour

We are sailing on the Freedom March 30-April6th and we were wanting to do a ruins tour in Cozumel. Any suggestions as to which one to take? We want to stick with the offered ones just so we make sure we make it back to the ship on time since it looks like the excursions are pretty long. We are traveling with 10 people ages 6 to 64 all in pretty good shape for walking. Also if anyone has a link to a compass for the Freedom for a western itinerary that would be great. Keep finding eastern ones or ones from a while ago. Thanks so much!

We are sailing on the Freedom March 30-April6th and we were wanting to do a ruins tour in Cozumel. Any suggestions as to which one to take? We want to stick with the offered ones just so we make sure we make it back to the ship on time since it looks like the excursions are pretty long. We are traveling with 10 people ages 6 to 64 all in pretty good shape for walking. Also if anyone has a link to a compass for the Freedom for a western itinerary that would be great. Keep finding eastern ones or ones from a while ago. Thanks so much!

Due to the extreme length of the tour and the amount of traveling involved, both by bus and ferry, I would stick with a ship sponsored tour.

The Tulum ruins are the best, in my opinion.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?ProductCode=CZ02&DestinationCode=CARIB&sourcePage=shorexByTypePortDest&ActivityTypeId=1

My husband and I are doing RCL's Coba ruins tour when we are there on our upcoming Freedom cruise. Those ruins are further than Tulum but you can get up close and even climb the ruins in Coba. We also like the idea if ruins in a shaded area vs all sun area. We're not interested in the beach so Coba seemed better for us.

Ahahaha at first I thought your post was about Cozumel ruining a tour. Duh me :D

Me too!!!

Also, I agree with booking a RCI tour.

When I was in Cozumel in May last year, there was a group running late because they had gone to the ruins and been delayed getting back. The Captain informed us why we were leaving late, said it running late happens more often than people think on those tours and that we were only waiting for them because it was an RCI excursion.

So, if you can find something you like with RCI, go with them especially on a whole day tour.

Jo :)

Edited by jo24

We did the Tulum Tour last year and enjoyed it very much. Saw a lot of the countryside. From Cozumel you take the ferry to the mainland, then an hour long bus ride, tour Tulum, then the tour stops at a resort for lunch and about an hour on the beach? Beautiful Beach, I might add.

We had a great time and would recommend this tour. Tour guides were very good and kept an eye out for all their group. Everyone tipped the three guides..they want above and beyond. The leader said they all pool their tips, so we gave them $15. Actually was the bus driver and two guides. Felt very safe with them. Told my husband we aren't running around Mexico by ourselves.

Ahahaha at first I thought your post was about Cozumel ruining a tour. Duh me :D

As with you and the many others I thought the same and had come to mind my experience of a VERY rough ferry and much much much sea sickness by over 50% of the ferry, thus a RUINED Cozumel tour.

To properly address the OP, despite my experience, I would only book such a tour directly through the cruise line.