SO EXCITED! Booked 1st time Suite! Please tell me what I can look forward to!!!

Dreamer333

Smiling at your excellent question. It echoes a little talk I had with DD before we sailed in that Suite with our noob Blue Cards.

The Preferred Boarding Passes (print in color if you can, the top border is GREEN to indicate your boarding priority) are useful in the case you don't get handed a Preferred Boarding Slip. It varies by Port and sometimes by Sailing, whether or not the Slips are used to help identify Preferred Boarding status. Heck, it may vary by check-in agent from what I have seen.

Once on board, the Boarding Pass holds no magic any more. Put Pass and Slip into the scrapbook.

On Board! Yay!

PES "events" include priority tendering (you get tickets in your suite for this, so no worries), the PES evening lounge, the separate line at Passenger Services, and well, Suite Breakfast. Your first visit to Sabatini's (or CG) breakfast the Headwaiter notes your suite number and memorizes your faces. So that leaves only the Lounge and Passenger Services express-line as possibilities for awkward encounters with "aggressively helpful" fellow cruisers. Princess personnel: will not challenge you as long as you advise them of your Suite number. Passengers: packing your patience and sense of humor is the best Pro Tip here, and each situation would be different.

My DD and I are both very confrontation averse but there weren't any BlueCard related flare-ups at all, at least that I remember. I told her to stand her ground, politely, and remember she *is* in the right place unless/until the Princess Crew advises her otherwise.

I did a Bon Voyage Experience last month; I'm Platinum now but the cruise card I got for the BVE was ...blue. Aah nostalgia! [emoji64]

We have been in suites several times on RCI but have only cruised on Princess once in a balcony. We have an Owners Suite booked for next year. My question is, does your card show that you are in a suite? I know on RCI the suite cards are gold and you show it and get priority seating at shows or whatever the case may be.

We have been in suites several times on RCI but have only cruised on Princess once in a balcony. We have an Owners Suite booked for next year. My question is, does your card show that you are in a suite? I know on RCI the suite cards are gold and you show it and get priority seating at shows or whatever the case may be.

Yes. Suite will be indicated in the upper right hand corner of your card in all caps.

So, our first suite coming in December.

We will have priority embarkation - I presume there is a special check in area?

Priority tender - does this mean that we can tender at a time we want without queuing or is it just one tender time allocated to us? Does this priority also apply when we want to return to ship (we have 4 if not 5 tender ports!)

The dinner at the speciality - our cruise has been marketed as several different length journey so likely people will be booking the restaurants well before we start our cruise. Just hope they are not already booked out at Sabatinis our first night as the other doesn't suit (Diamond Princess).

Room service DR menus but we might need to ask for these. Probably just the Evening meals for us.

Sabatinis for breakfast - sounds like Blu on Celebrity. Love this.

It seems that suite guests receive the same as elite perks?

My partner is a noob blu and I just have one Princess cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

One of our favorite things about an aft suite is to do the Ultimate Balcony dining with our friends. It is special and a great memory to have forever.

Sabatini's breakfast is always a must for us, do free laundry, canape's are yummy while getting ready for dinner. Once you book an aft suite you'll never want to go back!

Andrea

Smiling at your excellent question. It echoes a little talk I had with DD before we sailed in that Suite with our noob Blue Cards.

The Preferred Boarding Passes (print in color if you can, the top border is GREEN to indicate your boarding priority) are useful in the case you don't get handed a Preferred Boarding Slip. It varies by Port and sometimes by Sailing, whether or not the Slips are used to help identify Preferred Boarding status. Heck, it may vary by check-in agent from what I have seen.

Once on board, the Boarding Pass holds no magic any more. Put Pass and Slip into the scrapbook.

On Board! Yay!

PES "events" include priority tendering (you get tickets in your suite for this, so no worries), the PES evening lounge, the separate line at Passenger Services, and well, Suite Breakfast. Your first visit to Sabatini's (or CG) breakfast the Headwaiter notes your suite number and memorizes your faces. So that leaves only the Lounge and Passenger Services express-line as possibilities for awkward encounters with "aggressively helpful" fellow cruisers. Princess personnel: will not challenge you as long as you advise them of your Suite number. Passengers: packing your patience and sense of humor is the best Pro Tip here, and each situation would be different.

My DD and I are both very confrontation averse but there weren't any BlueCard related flare-ups at all, at least that I remember. I told her to stand her ground, politely, and remember she *is* in the right place unless/until the Princess Crew advises her otherwise.

I did a Bon Voyage Experience last month; I'm Platinum now but the cruise card I got for the BVE was ...blue. Aah nostalgia! [emoji64]

Great reply.

We had no issues being blue and in a suite. In fact, we walked right in the party thing in Club 6 without even realizing what was going on (it was low key and no one looked at anything). BTW, never went back to that - it didn't seem much of a big deal.

Edited by Nezmo

Could I have info about the tender priority please? Is it just tender when we want or is there a specific time of priority.

When you want. The tender priority ticket allows you to proceed to the tender deck (without mustering in a waiting area first) and get in line for tender boats. No, you don't get to go to the head of the line. But you'll likely get on the next boat.

When you want. The tender priority ticket allows you to proceed to the tender deck (without mustering in a waiting area first) and get in line for tender boats. No, you don't get to go to the head of the line. But you'll likely get on the next boat.

Perfect answer! Thankyou. :p

Hi there. I've never been on Princess, but a few months ago I booked an aft OS for October on the Royal. At the time I recall having trouble discerning suite perks, but then I got distracted by other matters.

I've skimmed this thread, and I will read the whole thing, but I wonder if any one could confirm if I'm understanding the following correctly:

--we can order off MDR for room service?

--free laundry? Is this self serve or sending out?

--Breakfast in Sabatinis? Is that every day?

--I understand there is some sort of lounge. Is the espresso machine one of the nice ones from whole beans? Or more of a Keurig affair?

--priority boarding?

--one included speciality dinner?

Thanks--I ask because I've seen some things I'm not clear on (not sure what PES is) and not sure if these were all applicable.

Tangent: if I'm allowing the "soot" issue on aft OS to spook me a little, what is the "next best thing" that would still confer suite perks?

Thanks, and I will also do more reading.

Follow up question: anyone know Sabatinis breakfast hours? Googled to no avail, will keep trying.

Edited by AdoraBelle

--we can order off MDR for room service?

Yes! Any meal, any # of guests. Incl. afternoon tea.

--free laundry? Is this self serve or sending out?

Bag it, fill out a slip, write SUITE at the top, hand to Stewart. Pair of socks counts as "1."

It will be charged to your Folio and subtracted from it on a different line.

--Breakfast in Sabatinis? Is that every day?

Except embarkation day.

--priority boarding?

Indeed! It will say so on the Boarding Pass in green border at the top.

On the first night. Complimentary for any suite passenger. But the party can be mixed suite and non.

Call "DINE Line" to reserve from your suite! (They answer fast. 6219 if from a generic public phone but it may ring longer ;) )

Follow up question: anyone know Sabatinis breakfast hours? Googled to no avail, will keep trying.

Opening hours vary between sea day and port day. I think they close at 10. Check for specific times on your cruise.

Enjoy!

Edited by sminfiddle

Tangent: if I'm allowing the "soot" issue on aft OS to spook me a little, what is the "next best thing" that would still confer suite perks?

The next size suite is a Penthouse suite located on the sides of the ship. No soot issues, but you'll only have a balcony that is, more or less, 40 inches from rail to bulkhead. Some find that more than adequate. We feel it is way to small.

We look at it this way. A penthouse balcony is really unusable due to it's inadequate size. An owners balcony might have soot issues but at least it's large enough to enjoy.

Hi there. I've never been on Princess, but a few months ago I booked an aft OS for October on the Royal. At the time I recall having trouble discerning suite perks, but then I got distracted by other matters.

Thanks--I ask because I've seen some things I'm not clear on (not sure what PES is) and not sure if these were all applicable.

Thanks, and I will also do more reading.

The PES is the Platinum, Elite, Suite lounge happy hour each evening, usually something like 5-7:30, and offers $5 cocktails from a list, and a different spread of hor d'oeuvres such as shrimp cocktail, sushi, etc. You'll have the invite with times and location and what spread each night in your cabin on arrival.

The PES is the Platinum, Elite, Suite lounge happy hour each evening...

Correct about the nightly PES Lounge event.

AdoraBelle is sailing on the Royal... There's a physical Lounge on that ship and the Regal.

Edit: looked it up. Concierge Lounge.http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=169 Can't answer about its coffee though. Some one will advise about that soon.

I booked an aft OS for October on the Royal. ...

--I understand there is some sort of lounge. Is the espresso machine one of the nice ones from whole beans? Or more of a Keurig affair?

Edited by sminfiddle
etaoin shrdlu

Thanks, folks! I've read all the replies and I appreciate it, sincerely.

Re: the coffee machine. I found a picture of what claims to be the Concierge lounge on Royal (here on a CC review, don't have link handy), and the machine looked to be the kind I have seen on other ships and was hoping for. (In a nutshell, coffee beans are involved. I think.)

Soot: I'm not neurotically fastidious and it doesn't sound that bad. Sometimes I read older reports and get a little spooked. I have Baja 734, for reference, although at this exact moment I can't remember why I chose that deck. :)

The perks sound great. We sometimes get fatigued with long dining experiences, so the room service would be nice. I was asking after the Sabatini's hours as we are not big breakfast eaters (or at least, not before ten or so), but may have to change that. :)

The PES is the Platinum, Elite, Suite lounge happy hour each evening, usually something like 5-7:30, and offers $5 cocktails from a list, and a different spread of hor d'oeuvres such as shrimp cocktail, sushi, etc. You'll have the invite with times and location and what spread each night in your cabin on arrival.

Didn't realize you have to pay for drinks. On Celebrity and Royal if you are in a suite or a Diamond member, you get "free" drinks and hor d"oeuvres every night from about 5:00 to 7:30. Suite guests in one venue and Diamond members in another. Princes should offer this also.

The PES event is held in Club 6 on the Royal.

We had B734 on the Royal in March. Some photos here:

https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=132990805%40N05&sort=date-taken-desc&text=b734&view_all=1

The Baja deck has the deeper balcony (not all do). You might enjoy this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2344419

Edited by Nezmo

I was asking after the Sabatini's hours as we are not big breakfast eaters (or at least, not before ten or so), but may have to change that. :)

Seriously. Try it once - I find it to be SO worth it!

If what you crave isn't on the menu, ask!

Take advantage of the complimentary specialty coffee bevs from their well-tuned espresso machine.

The PES event is held in Club 6 on the Royal.

We had B734 on the Royal in March. Some photos here:

https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=132990805%40N05&sort=date-taken-desc&text=b734&view_all=1

The Baja deck has the deeper balcony (not all do). You might enjoy this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2344419

Hah, I was looking at your pictures last night, but I can't recall how I came by them. (Possibly it was the thread you mention.) Wouldn't have realized it's the same room, thanks so much!

Thanks, folks! I've read all the replies and I appreciate it, sincerely.

The perks sound great. We sometimes get fatigued with long dining experiences, so the room service would be nice. I was asking after the Sabatini's hours as we are not big breakfast eaters (or at least, not before ten or so), but may have to change that. :)

Suggest you might want to try the yogurt parfait if you're not a big breakfast eater. It is excellent.