pictures of Door decorations

sandy1754

We did not use to decorate our cabin doors until our last cruise. DH and I really enjoyed doing it and got a lot of compliments on our door. We are sailing next week during Valentine's and will be decorating our door with a valentine's theme.

If you click on the link for my Freedom review in my siggy you can find a picture there of our door.

As for some of the previous posters..they are just sticks in the mud. Don't let them deter to you from what YOU want to do. I think your kids would really get into having their cabin doors decorated.

We did not use to decorate our cabin doors until our last cruise. DH and I really enjoyed doing it and got a lot of compliments on our door. We are sailing next week during Valentine's and will be decorating our door with a valentine's theme.

If you click on the link for my Freedom review in my siggy you can find a picture there of our door.

As for some of the previous posters..they are just sticks in the mud. Don't let them deter to you from what YOU want to do. I think your kids would really get into having their cabin doors decorated.

We found Halloween decorations at the Dollar Tree. We were a group of 8 cabins including kids. We decorated the doors and the walls near our cabins. The kids loved it!!!

I just found a few fun magnets online, smiley faces and flamingos, to put on two doors for a cousin's getaway cruise back in October. Made it easier to make sure we were knocking on or at the right door. Also had some magnets made to "memorialize" our trip. One of the flamingos disappeared the last night. Hope it is having fun somewhere else now! Jo

This was all held on with magnets. I bought two 30" strips of adhesive backed magnets and cut them in about 1-inch pieces. Then I put them all around the edges and stretched gift wrap across the door. You can obviously theme this to any special occasion depending on the gift wrap purchased. Word of caution: suite doors are wider than the width of the standard roll of wrapping paper.

ChristmastimeCruise011_zps24c70e8f.jpg

My dad is a grumpy old man so I know if I order the in room decorations he will have them down by the first night.

By any chance does your dad live in Houston and drive a red sports car and can't park it straight? :D

Not our thing but too each their own. I have read on these forums where some Cruisers have posted having decorations removed from their doors.

The very first time we decorated our door, some of it disappeared. We were very disappointed. Since then, nothing has been touched.

So, yes, don't put anything on your door that you would be sorry to lose. However, 9 times out of 10, spoilsports won't ruin your fun.

Decorate away!

By any chance does your dad live in Houston and drive a red sports car and can't park it straight? :D

Heh! No, I can't ever see him in a sports car. And we did live in Houston , but that was 30 years ago. Now he just tortures the other Nashville drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

On our NCL Dawn cruise last year, we downloaded and printed logos for the College teams of our Daughter and her friend, then decorated the door of their cabin with them.

A few of our shipboard neighbors commented on how they used the decorated door as a guide to their own cabin.

IMG_2024.jpg

For the record I dont dress like my wife and I have no kids. But I dont walk around judging other people on the cruise on what they wear, or how a family dresses alike. Its good that families get involed in doing stuff together and being a family. :D

Thats a good idea about decoating the door, I dont want to have one too many tango mangos, and try to get into the wrong cabin :)

I love your way of thinking. My husband and I do wear matching shirts one day...picture day. We enjoy that but otherwise we are individuals. Although we do share the same name!

I think you have a great idea... especially getting the children involved. Sorry I don't have any pictures... but if you are on FaceBook... just search this (if you aren't on FaceBook post back here and I'll find a link you can use)

Cruise Ship Door Decorations - CSDD

Just like that... (copy and paste it)... You'll see lots of ideas.

A few suggestions..

Keep the decorations flat.. things that sick out (like putting a blow up palm tree or a stuffed animal) is likely to get accidently knocked off... especially late at night when people are hugging the walls to get back to their cabin.

I did see this once along time ago... and wish I had taken a photo of the doors. A huge family (over 100 people) were on a family reunion... All of their doors were decorated with silhouettes that the families made prior to getting on board. Some were individual... some were groups... and then... they had silhouettes of all the things they liked to do -- like books... someone had an x-box... a chef hat... dogs and cats. We found ourselves seeing the doors and then trying t match them to the families!! They were such a fun group. Oh... the silhouettes were made out of all sorts of paper.... not just black. One family did all of theirs out of the Sunday Comics. If you want to incorporate silhouettes in your project... just google making silhouettes and you'll find many ideas and instructions. They are a great family activity!

One other suggestion... find some "Museum Putty" (available at most hobby type stores). It is great for attaching things to the doors without leaving marks or taking off paint. I'm sure there are other ideas out there... and would love to hear them. But you don't want to damage any surfaces.

I think this is such a fun, family project... and the children will find their cabins easily... I hope you have a great cruise... and I hope I'm on your cruise so we can check out your doors!!!

Thanks for the Facebook link.. Lots of interesting photos to look at.