From 1971: Princess Patters, plus lunch & dinner menus

Spaniel Lover

Here's something I think you might find interesting!

A friend of mine was helping an elderly person clean out her house and my friend found a "Princess Cruises Souvenir Book" from a 1971 Alaska cruise on the m/v Princess Italia out of San Francisco.

PrincessItalia-SouvenirBookCover.jpg

My friend knows that I'm cruise-obsessed, so he pulled the book out of the trash and gave it to me. I figured that some of the folks here on the Princess board might get a kick out of it, so I scanned it.

This "souvenir book" contains the Princess Patters from this Alaska cruise, plus the lunch and dinner menus. It's interesting! Here are a few highlights:

PrincessItalia-Patter1971-Welcome.jpg

PrincessItalia-Patter1971RudyVallee.jpg

PrincessItalia.jpg

If you'd like to download and view the full set of Princess Patters, click here.

For the patters:

Page 1 of the PDF is the front and back cover of the first day's patter. Page 2 of the PDF is the inside of the first day's patter. Page 3 of the PDF is the front and back cover of the second day's patter. Page 4 of the PDF is the inside of the second day's patter. Etc...

If you'd like to download and view the full set of dinner menus, click here.

If you'd like to download and view the full set of lunch menus, click here.

For the menus:

Page 1 of the PDF is the front and back cover of the first day's menu. Page 2 of the PDF is the inside of the first day's menu. Page 3 of the PDF is the front and back cover of the second day's menu. Page 4 of the PDF is the inside of the second day's menu. Etc...

Thanks! :)

Someone previously posted a 1977 Princess Cruises brochure that you may also find interesting. Look at the prices for the 3 & 4 day Mexican cruises from LA and you'll see prices similar to current cruises over 35 years later. :eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=245585&d=1348005243

Edited by Astro Flyer

How neat! That's the year my grandparents sailed from LA to Hawaii with Princess. I was only 6 yrs. old, but I'll never forget going onboard the ship to their cabin, spending time with them, then the call going out for all visitors to leave. We stood on the second story (now the embarkation level) at the Port of LA Berth 93A and threw streamers at the passengers onboard as they threw steamers at us, blew horns and waved goodbye. It was so fun (and such a mess!).

Thanks for sharing the menus and Patters. Reminds me of how Italian dining with Princess used to be!

Thanks for taking the time to post the menus. My first cruise ever was around 1982 on the SS Azure Seas. San Diego to Ensenada and back. I was so impressed with the service and how special I felt. Dressed up for dinner every night and the service and food were exceptional.

Thanks again! :)

That was a real treat to see what it was like back in the day -- even just from the 70's, so much has changed. I wonder how many passengers were aboard?

Thanks ever so much for taking time to share these wonderful glimpses into the past.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app