Platinum member perks

marypa

We haven't cruised Princess for a while but are Platinum

Do they still have evening canapes in one of the night clubs at the top of the ship, with discounted cocktails of the day? We really enjoyed this when we were in the Caribbean a few years ago - rounded off he day and had a great view of the sunset and sailaway from the port.

We are on Sapphire in January and hope this still happens

Anyone out there know

And any other perks like this?

Yes, they still have the pre-dinner complimentary hors d'oeuvres and drink special on Princess ships. (A perk for Platinum, Elite and Suite) Recently sailed a 5 day Ruby Princess cruise and we had it 4 of the 5 evenings. They did not hold it the evening of the Captain's Party. There should be an invitation in your cabin.

On the recent 5 day cruise: Day one Mojito $5.00 served w/ Mexican Salsa and chips #2 Breeza Marina $5.00 served w/ herb-marinated goat's cheese with crisp rosemary flatbread and tomato bruschetta #3 Cosmopolitan $5.00 served w/ shrimp fountain and cocktail sauce #4 Japanese Slipper $5.00 served w/ assorted shushi, soy sauce, wasabi & pickled ginger. Along with the stated hors d'oeuvres they served assorted raw veggies, cheeses, crackers, olives and dried fruit.

have fun on your next cruise

Platinum members also enjoy priority embarkation and a glass of (awful) sparkling wine. On disembarkation, Platinum, Elite, and Suite passengers have a separate lounge with coffee, tea, and juice service. Free internet minutes for voyages of 7 days or less- 150, 8-20 days- 250, 21+ days- 500. And that's per person, not per cabin.

Yes, they still have the pre-dinner complimentary hors d'oeuvres and drink special on Princess ships. (A perk for Platinum, Elite and Suite) Recently sailed a 5 day Ruby Princess cruise and we had it 4 of the 5 evenings. They did not hold it the evening of the Captain's Party. There should be an invitation in your cabin.

On the recent 5 day cruise: Day one Mojito $5.00 served w/ Mexican Salsa and chips #2 Breeza Marina $5.00 served w/ herb-marinated goat's cheese with crisp rosemary flatbread and tomato bruschetta #3 Cosmopolitan $5.00 served w/ shrimp fountain and cocktail sauce #4 Japanese Slipper $5.00 served w/ assorted shushi, soy sauce, wasabi & pickled ginger. Along with the stated hors d'oeuvres they served assorted raw veggies, cheeses, crackers, olives and dried fruit.

We were able to get cosmos everyday for $5 at this event; don't know if this is standard or because I always tip a little extra per drink there. My bill did show "Cosmopolitan" and did show $5 & gratuity $.75 each day

I didn't see the pre-dinner complimentary hors d'oeuvres and drinks specials listed as a platinum member benefit on the Princess website. We are cruising for the first time as platinum. Will there be information in our room about the benefits we should find while on board?

You should receive a note in your cabin.

We were able to get cosmos everyday for $5 at this event; don't know if this is standard or because I always tip a little extra per drink there. My bill did show "Cosmopolitan" and did show $5 & gratuity $.75 each day
You can order any one of the six drinks any night, not just the one listed for that day. That was true on the Royal and Sapphire over the past few months.

Can you get either wine, spirits or beer a the "happy hours" at a reduced price as well as the drink of the day.

You can order any one of the six drinks any night, not just the one listed for that day. That was true on the Royal and Sapphire over the past few months.

That's very nice...but it was not that way on the Star over Christmas, sad to say. (The waiter looked at me like I was crazy for asking...and then he said "no.")

Can you get either wine, spirits or beer a the "happy hours" at a reduced price as well as the drink of the day.

No. Princess used to offer happy hour after a certain time but this seems to have been discontinued. I haven't seen it on my last 3 cruises. Drink of the day will be full price as stated in the Patter.

No. Princess used to offer happy hour after a certain time but this seems to have been discontinued. I haven't seen it on my last 3 cruises. Drink of the day will be full price as stated in the Patter.

In my initial post I meant to enquire if beer, wine or spirits were available in the Elite venue in the early evenings where there is a cocktail special offered at a reduced price and if those drinks are at a reduced or full price.

Can any advise on this please?

In my initial post I meant to enquire if beer, wine or spirits were available in the Elite venue in the early evenings where there is a cocktail special offered at a reduced price and if those drinks are at a reduced or full price.

Can any advise on this please?

Full price except for the drink of the day which is $5.00 plus 15% gratuity.