Norwegian Haven Suite vs Celebrity Sky Suite

graphicguy

Title kind of says it all. Posted this over in the Celebrity threads, too.

Getting married the first of June. Want to take a honeymoon cruise. Went to Bermuda on the NCL Breakaway (solo cabin) and loved it.

That said, for the honeymoon June 8 (also my birthday), I thought it would be great to go back, only this time in a Suite.

Pretty big difference in price for a Summit Sky Suite and a Breakaway Haven Suite (Summit Sky Suite is about $2K less than a Breakaway Haven Suite). I know NCL's suites with their own restaurants, concierge, butler, etc are considered the best.

Looks like the Sky Suites also include a butler, but looks like that's the extent of the "amenities".

Opinions? Pictures? Experiences?

Thanks!

I sailed Celebrity Summit in the Royal Suite last July. Just returned from the NCL Gem in the Haven two bedroom suite. The Haven ammenities are fantastic. The Celebrity suite has by far nicer balcony and suite. The food on the Summit was by far superior to the Gem. We ate every night in the specialty restaurants on the Gem. For my money go with Celebrity. You won't be disappointed. Congratulations on your wedding.

I've done both, and the NCL Haven suites win hands down. The Celebrity Sky suites are nice, but they don't have the amenities of Haven suites on the Breakaway.

Celebrity has better MDR food, but on Breakaway you have use of the private Haven restaurant, and the option of many specialty restaurants.

NCL's entertainment offerings are far superior to Celebrity's.

Celebrity is far more formal than NCL.

$2K is a big difference in price, however.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We did Celebrity Suite for our anniversary, and absolutely loved it. Did Gem's 2 bedroom Haven and loved it as well. Food definitely better on Celebrity, and it is indeed much more formal. Must say, however, that the Haven's perks cannot be duplicated. Really comes down to personal preferences...it's your honeymoon, so go with whatever you think you will enjoy the most!!!

I have done both, sky suite with wife on solstice and haven 2 BR on epic with wife and kids. As far as suite amenities go, Haven wins hands down. On Celebrity, you have a suite, and a butler, but once you leave your room there is no difference with any other cruiser. On NCL, you leave your suite and you have the Haven and all it offers.

I posted a long review about our haven experience. You can look it up by clicking on my name. Will give you a lot of information about what a Haven experience is all about.

The only thing that may keep me from booking the breakaway from the summit is that this is a honeymoon so you probably don't want to be around a lot of kids. When you are cruising there may be a lot more kids on breakaway than summit. Something to consider.

Look in to a Haven Spa Suite with balcony... it is, by far, the least expensive way in to the Haven. With that big Jacuzzi tub looking out on to the balcony, it would be very romantic for a honeymoon.

Yeah....noticed that Haven Spa Suite. That makes the price fairly comparable to the Celebrity Suite.

Noticed the search function on CC doesn't work anymore. So I can't search others' posts.

Thanks all! As you can see in my little ticker below, the Breakaway Spa Haven Suite won out. You all were very helpful in our choice.

By the time we decided we didn't need all the room of a Forward Haven Suite, and since it will just be the two of us, the Spa Haven Suite priced out pretty near to what a Celebrity Sky Suite would have been. The Haven Spa Suite became our choice.

Maybe someday we'll try a Celebrity Suite. But, based on your comments, sounds like there's no comparison to an NCL Haven Suite.

Posted this over on the Celebrity board, too. Another observation...I was also researching Carnival and RCCL. Ruled out Carnival as their Suites don't seem to offer much more in amenities as Celebrity or NCL.

Was really quite surprised (and not in a good way) with RCCL's pricing. I sailed the Allure of the Seas when she first started sailing. I don't recall her fares to be out of line. But, looking at her sister, the Oasis of the Seas, prices were way, way out of line. And, I was only looking at a Balcony with a water view. The Suites (which didn't seem nearly as nice as the NCL Haven) were even worse in their pricing.

I enjoyed my Allure cruise. But, geez-Louise, what in the world is RCCL thinking? If they keep that up, it's just a matter of time before their customer base starts to seriously erode.

Again, thanks everyone for your input.

Edited by graphicguy

Well, they seem to be sailing full. I notice few, if any, sales on Oasis or Allure in balconies. And when I do and go into the pricing the balcony sale is usually for the Park or Boardwalk balconies....the ocean views are still high.

If they can get the $$$, they'll keep charging. When they can't, the price will come down.

• 5 years later...

So funny, I am Diamond Plus  on Royal but now sailing other lines as the value is no longer there for RCCL. But as the other poster points out, the market dictated the price and they are still getting the price.

I don't see it but countless others must.

29 minutes ago, crashdavis565 said:

So funny, I am Diamond Plus  on Royal but now sailing other lines as the value is no longer there for RCCL. But as the other poster points out, the market dictated the price and they are still getting the price.

I don't see it but countless others must.

Really, a five year old thread you brought back up?  

Both lines many changes from five years ago.

2 minutes ago, mafig said:

I know.

It's so  weird to read posts that you wrote over five years ago.

Normally I catch it a bit earlier with users who are no longer around but this one had quite a few who are still active.

Back to today, wondering how graphicguy's marital bliss is going?