Confusion on Cat D and E

MVPinBoynton

On the O website, it shows Cat D as 143 sq ft and Cat E with 160 sq ft. I realize that Cat E cabins have an obstructed view. From reading some old posts, it seems that Cat E cabins don't have a couch but Cat D does. It doesn't make sense to me that the larger cabin wouldn't have the couch. Is the O site incorrect on the Cat D square footage?

Thank you for pointing that out. I got the info from the link on the pricing page for the cruise. It is shown below. I t showed Cat D as 143 sq. ft. O needs to fix this. It almost made me book the wrong cabin.

room-pop-up-e.jpg It's like another world within these delightful private retreats, which boast 160 square feet of beautifully designed luxury. Highlights include a comfortable seating area, a vanity desk, a refrigerated mini-bar and plenty of storage. The ingenious use of space is complemented by the stylish furnishings.

Stateroom Amenities

• Queen-size Prestige Tranquility Bed, an Oceania Cruises Exclusive, with 1,000-thread-count linens
  • Refrigerated mini-bar with free and unlimited soft drinks and bottled water replenished daily
  • Bulgari toiletries+
  • Twice-daily maid service
  • Signature Belgian chocolates with nightly turndown service
  • Flat-screen television with live satellite news and programming
  • DVD player with extensive 24-hour room service menu
  • Wireless internet access
  • 110/220 volt outlets
  • Direct-dial satellite phone and cellular service

This is what is shown for Cat D. I think this will explain why I was confused. You answered the question that it was totally wrong. Thanks again.

room-pop-up-d.jpg Centrally located amidships on deck 6, these comfortable 143-square-foot staterooms are awash in natural sunlight from the expansive window with obstructed views. Features include a vanity desk with chair, a refrigerated mini-bar, a small breakfast table and an ample closer.

Stateroom Amenities

• Queen-size Prestige Tranquility Bed, an Oceania Cruises Exclusive, with 1,000-thread-count linens
  • Refrigerated mini-bar with free and unlimited soft drinks and bottled water replenished daily
  • Bulgari toiletries+
  • Twice-daily maid service
  • Signature Belgian chocolates with nightly turndown service
  • Flat-screen television with live satellite news and programming
  • DVD player with extensive 24-hour room service menu
  • Wireless internet access
  • 110/220 volt outlets

Thank you for pointing that out. I got the info from the link on the pricing page for the cruise. It is shown below. I t showed Cat D as 143 sq. ft. O needs to fix this. It almost made me book the wrong cabin.

This is a Cat F or G INSIDE CABIN!! Arlene

room-pop-up-e.jpg

That looks like an inside cabin ??

Maybe post the link in question to the webmaster to correct

I see where they messed up

They copied the script from the other cabin but in the photo it has D as 165 sq ft which is correct

Just another case of not checking their work before posting the details ;)

Edited by LHT28

That looks like an inside cabin ??

Maybe post the link in question to the webmaster to correct

I see where they messed up

They copied the script from the other cabin but in the photo it has D as 165 sq ft which is correct

Just another case of not checking their work before posting the details ;)

That is Cat E outside cabin. That white spot on the side wall that looks like a mirror is the window.

CJ

I can't insert a picture but if you look at the link in my post the error is perhaps more apparent. On the page I refer to to the right of the cabin picture os a few 'stats' about that category.

It shows for example the D's are on deck 3 and the size of 165 sq ft. and 143 on deck 6 for cat. E . All correct.

However, as Lyn posts it is the description of those two that has been put on the wrong 'page' so need to be reversed. It is correct on the interactive deck plan.

I've always noted the 'stats' when comparing and not noticed the descriptions reversed. Could have been like this for a long time.

Missed that thanks

No problem.

I hope I like it:) because that's what I have booked myself on for the Nov 11th Insignia cruise. First time on a R ship - all previous ones on Riviera. Traveling solo this time so it was affordable.

Edited by cruisingxpert
sp

No problem.

I hope I like it:) because that's what I have booked myself on for the Nov 11th Insignia cruise. First time on a R ship - all previous ones on Riviera. Travelling solo this time so it was affordable.

They are cute little cabins for one

My friend had one just be careful with the window you may find a crew out on the platform (depending on your cabin) ;)

Edited by LHT28

Thanks. It's 6030 - on the deck plans it looks like there isn't a lifeboat beside that window.

CJ

Spouse and I have sailed twice in Cabin 6033, and there is very little obstruction because there indeed is no lifeboat there but simply a davit down the middle of the window. This davit holds a small Zodiac, which itself hangs below window level. When we had this cabin, we spent much more time in the lovely library or on the pool deck, using the cabin only to sleep, dress or shower.

Enjoy your cruise!

Spouse and I have sailed twice in Cabin 6033, and there is very little obstruction because there indeed is no lifeboat there but simply a davit down the middle of the window. This davit holds a small Zodiac, which itself hangs below window level. When we had this cabin, we spent much more time in the lovely library or on the pool deck, using the cabin only to sleep, dress or shower.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you. I actually found your review of that cabin. You're the reason I booked it:D I have friends traveling with me on this cruise - one in aft balcony and the other in a Penthouse so I figured I could always go to their balconies. Looking forward to see how I like the R ships in comparison to the Riviera - the only O ship I have sailed on so far.

Catherine

Deck 6 oceanview are obstructed and very small. 6030 and 6033 have the least obstruction. The rest of the oceanviews on deck 6 are very obstructed. Lifeboats block the view. I would not book those cabins. Deck 3 cabins are oceanview with a porthole. Deck 4 is oceanview with large window. Deck 3 and 4 cabins are about 160 sq. ft. Deck 6 oceanview cabins are 143 sq. ft. Rather than booking Deck 6 obstructed cabins, book an inside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Deck 6 oceanview are obstructed and very small. 6030 and 6033 have the least obstruction. The rest of the oceanviews on deck 6 are very obstructed. Lifeboats block the view. I would not book those cabins. Deck 3 cabins are oceanview with a porthole. Deck 4 is oceanview with large window. Deck 3 and 4 cabins are about 160 sq. ft. Deck 6 oceanview cabins are 143 sq. ft. Rather than booking Deck 6 obstructed cabins, book an inside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have sailed on these ships several times and one time we had a couple who we became friends with and they showed us their cabin (we had an inside Cat. F) and it was the above mentioned cabin on deck 6 with a window. It was indeed 143 Sq. feet and I would say the inside cabins are far superior to these since they are 160 sq. ft. Also we have sailed on the cabins with windows on deck 3 and they are great. Just my opinion but I hope his helps.

-Rodan

We have sailed on these ships several times and one time we had a couple who we became friends with and they showed us their cabin (we had an inside Cat. F) and it was the above mentioned cabin on deck 6 with a window. It was indeed 143 Sq. feet and I would say the inside cabins are far superior to these since they are 160 sq. ft. Also we have sailed on the cabins with windows on deck 3 and they are great. Just my opinion but I hope his helps.

-Rodan

Thanks for confirming. I had written to O about the error on their website. The Sq Footage is now shown correctly.

Thanks for confirming. I had written to O about the error on their website. The Sq Footage is now shown correctly.

I did too after posting on the 8th. More correctly I did not write them but filled in the form on their website while I was there poking around. Did not hear back but good to know they did fix their error.

I did too after posting on the 8th. More correctly I did not write them but filled in the form on their website while I was there poking around. Did not hear back but good to know they did fix their error.

That is what I did also. Glad it was fixed, since it could have made for some diappointment.