MS Eurodam, MS Nieuw Amsterdam Sail-Away, February 9, 2014

aliaschief

Interesting fact Chief; during NADM's departure, a Miami Divers rep came on the air to state "all diving ops had been concluded for the day"

In the beginning of todays thread someone posted that their daughter worked on the Eurodam and told her about the thruster. From radio chat I heard they were going to pull the divers out because of the NADM leaving. I'm sure the water could get a little rough with NADM thrusters/pod going right next to Her bow.

John, what is the HAL protocol for "tooting" in other ports? I am interested in making a quality audio recording of the horn on our next cruise.

There is no protocol Leon, except standard signals such as three blasts on the whistle when a ship is moving aft from her berth. What you're hearing in Port Everglades when the ships pass the condos is completely up to each individual' captain's discretion. I have always heard them ask permission from the harbor pilot on the bridge before they sound the whistle. So, bottom line; it is unknown what you will experience in other ports of call

There is no protocol Leon, except standard signals such as three blasts on the whistle when a ship is moving aft from her berth. What you're hearing in Port Everglades when the ships pass the condos is completely up to each individual' captain's discretion. I have always heard them ask permission from the harbor pilot on the bridge before they sound the whistle. So, bottom line; it is unknown what you will experience in other ports of call

That is what I was expecting. I have made several "sailaway" videos for friends and have to edit in a horn from a sound effects file since the audio on PTZ is usually distorted. Thanks

Talking to my daughter now..word is if you are on the nudey charter you have to carry a towel around with you....I would imagine to cover the chair before you sit.....

Captain is talking to guests right now about the thrusters...they hope to get out of there by 11pm.

In the beginning of todays thread someone posted that their daughter worked on the Eurodam and told her about the thruster. From radio chat I heard they were going to pull the divers out because of the NADM leaving. I'm sure the water could get a little rough with NADM thrusters/pod going right next to Her bow.

I heard that also and that's standard safety SOP when there are divers in the water. The EUDM Bridge officer that came on the radio stated that diving ops on EUDM would continue upon NADM's departure. Not long after that however, the Miami Diver rep came on to state that diving ops had been concluded for the day. Anywho, only time will tell ;)

Does that mean they are sailing or just going to have the party while repairs continue to the ship?

Just having the party at 5, Captain just made an announcement to passengers about departure time of about 11, as they are still working on the thrusters.

Edited by KerriL

Talking to my daughter now..word is if you are on the nudey charter you have to carry a towel around with you....I would imagine to cover the chair before you sit.....

Captain is talking to guests right now about the thrusters...they hope to get out of there by 11pm.

I wonder if the frequent references to wash your hands all the time also includes Purel your privates!:rolleyes:

Might need a towel if some of chairs need repair!:D

I heard that also and that's standard safety SOP when there are divers in the water. The EUDM Bridge officer that came on the radio stated that diving ops on EUDM would continue upon NADM's departure. Not long after that however, the Miami Diver rep came on to state that diving ops had been concluded for the day. Anywho, only time will tell ;)

Thanks. Maybe outside repairs are done. Something needs fixing or they would be on their way. Or parts to repair are on their way.

All speculation and that is why the ship has Engineers.

I wonder if the frequent references to wash your hands all the time also includes Purel your privates!:rolleyes:

eww...ewww...ewwww!!!:eek:

I'm just thankful that she got all the music charters on the Eurodam and not the nekkid ones!!

Edited by KerriL