Bottled water

TQ82

As with all cruise lines, policy enforcement can vary from ship-to-ship. One person's experience should not be an indicator of what you will experience. Be prepared to lose what you try to bring aboard in violation of the published policy. This direct from the RCI web site:

"Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them."

Enjoy!

I have a few bottles of sealed water ... Can I bring them on the ship in my checked luggage???!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Your checked luggage will be x-rayed.

The x-rays will show bottled liquid, which could be alcohol.

Your luggage will probably wind up in the naughty room.

Which cruise line. Each has their own rules

BTW - This is a repeat post with the OP that originated with a question regarding wine being brought on board. The question you raise was asked by me on the other thread. It is RCI and the OP was on his way to the terminal when the original post was written. I only say this as by now he is probably on board so further responses probably aren't necessary or being received.

Here is his other similar thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987774

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I have a few bottles of sealed water ... Can I bring them on the ship in my checked luggage???!?

Yes, you can if you wish ... but you really don't need to because you can buy bottled water on the ship and, HONESTLY, the tap water on ships is perfectly fine to drink. :)

LuLu

~~~

According to the rci policy posted above, it states no water or soft drinks can be brought on board, however in the next paragraph it says that if so they will be inspected for alcohol. So that is telling me that if you do bring on water it will not be confiscated.

Michael