Seapass for infant rccl

CruisingTeacher19

Edit: How does the seapass cards work for an infant. Is there a way to identify who the baby belongs to when getting on and off the ship in port? Specifically rccl adventure of the sea

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

We took our 7 month old daughter on on Grandeur back in December. Basically, it's no different than any other Seapass card. She got a photo taken and is what pops up each time we get on/off the ship. It opened our stateroom door - just as ours did. As far as the "who the baby belongs to goes" - they should have to look no further than the stateroom associated with the child. Obviously, there is also the last name association as well (I assume). If someone in the party with the child does not share the same room, I'm sure that would draw some attention.

I was just wondering if they have more a bracelet they wear or something but thanks that would work

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Only kids old enough for Adventure Ocean (3 & up) get bracelets. They are given those prior to embarkation.

We took our 7 month old daughter on on Grandeur back in December. Basically, it's no different than any other Seapass card. She got a photo taken and is what pops up each time we get on/off the ship. It opened our stateroom door - just as ours did. As far as the "who the baby belongs to goes" - they should have to look no further than the stateroom associated with the child. Obviously, there is also the last name association as well (I assume). If someone in the party with the child does not share the same room, I'm sure that would draw some attention.

This isn't always the case..for our family cruise we have our (grandson) infant booked into the cabin with uncle (our son) and the parents (our daughter) in the connecting cabin..so it will be the parents name and linked cabin I'm assuming that will be noted...We'll see in May how this works...hoping to draw no attention....but then we all tend to travel in a pack anyway ;):)

This isn't always the case..for our family cruise we have our (grandson) infant booked into the cabin with uncle (our son) and the parents (our daughter) in the connecting cabin..so it will be the parents name and linked cabin I'm assuming that will be noted...We'll see in May how this works...hoping to draw no attention....but then we all tend to travel in a pack anyway ;):)

Certainly, there has to be an adult associated with the room. It technically does not have to be the parents. However, they will ensure parental relationships at check-in prior to embarkation.

Sort of a spin off to the OP's question, I cannot for the life of me remember if you need something besides your Seapass card to get back on the ship. If you do need another form of ID can you use a photocopy? Just trying to plan what to bring for the kids.

Whether you will or not (need an additional ID) has been in our experience depending on the port..Children don't usually need an additional ID besides their SeaPass.

Sort of a spin off to the OP's question, I cannot for the life of me remember if you need something besides your Seapass card to get back on the ship. If you do need another form of ID can you use a photocopy? Just trying to plan what to bring for the kids.

You need your seapass card to get back on the ship. If you are 16 and above, you also need a government issued picture ID in some ports. A photocopy would not work. What ID is needed will be posted in the cruise compass.

Usually under 16 walking back into port with their parents do not need a picture ID. We got our DDs state IDs thru the DMV. Don't remember if they ever showed them but they felt important just having them.