Yes or no

lance32

We sailed out of Bayonne a few years back and it is a beautiful sail-away with the New York skyline in the background. This was on the Constellation. I am guessing that you are going to Bermuda. We did that crossing twice and both times were rocky but we were on the smaller Empress of the Seas. The Summit is a grand ship IMHO and you should enjoy your sea days, especially, the Tallasotherapy pool.

Johanne

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Equinox - LOVED it! Our second Celebrity Cruise was on the summit - liked it. I small string of little things just made it not quite as cool. The sommlier in Cellar Masters was uninformed and unengaging. No cool lawn or lawn games or glassblowing show. (They did an organized bean bag game one day, but wouldn't leave the boards out for us to play with after they were done :( ) No molecular bar. Worn pool chairs. It was just missing that WOW factor that the Equinox had. That being said, the repositioning cruise to/from NYC has a great itinerary and only needs cheap one way airfare. I liked the Summit enough to cruise her again. Just understand what the ship has and have different expectations.

Hi,

Summit is a great ship. A more relaxed type cruise IMO. Less restaurants less people, different type activities, great Martini bar, Beer assortment is fine! Cabins about the same, if not a bit larger. Specialty restaurants are Normandy and Qsine. You have Bistro on 5 cost is $5.00. MDR food is fine, I don't like buffets so that would be your choice. Entertainment not as good, but still entertaining. I love the M class ship for its relaxed environment. You will enjoy yourself and there is a lot to do. Have a great cruise:D

I am looking at a cruise on The Celebrity Summit out of Port Liberty 6 days. I went on the Equinox this past December. I would love some input from my Fellow Cruise Critic Experts. Thanks

Lance32/ :)

We have sailed on the Summit to Bermuda a few times in August . We totally enjoy the ship. It is easy to navigate and the service is excellent. It isn't as large of course as the Solstice Class ships, but has many of the same amenities, only smaller. We love not having to fly to another port as NJ is easy to access from our home.

A nice change from the big sister ships- but we love both.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I am looking at a cruise on The Celebrity Summit out of Port Liberty 6 days. I went on the Equinox this past December. I would love some input from my Fellow Cruise Critic Experts. Thanks

Lance32/ :)

No, IMO. The time of year would make a big difference IMO. I cruised from Bayonne in November once and I did not like the weather for the first two days. Since I have to fly either way I now always fly to someplace warm.

I would not hesitate to cruise on the Summit.