Regal Princess

Cruiser59983

I agree with your comment. She will be departing on her Maiden Voyage in only 95 days now so we will see it soon.

I'm guessing by the middle of March we'll be seeing a lot more pictures of her. I'll have to start keeping an eye on the Princess Cruises Facebook page again, among other web sites. Glad I kept all of those links I used in the past. ;)

In this image of Regal Princess taken prior to her float out in March 2013, you can see her port side propeller and rudder. She 'donated' one of her rudders to Royal Princess last April, and will have it replaced with a brand spanking new one while she is in dry dock next week.

8644374213_2220c228b7_b.jpg

(Credit Chris Owen)

Hello everyone...just booked on 12 day Mediterranean cruise on Princess. First time cruising for our family of three. We have booked a forward cabin (obstructed view but don't mind that). Looking for any ideas, hints, or suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Barry

Go with the Aft Balcony...the best and well worth it!

Hello cruise critics fans,

We are a couple (Stephane and Alain) just booked our first cruise!!! We are happy and eager to visit the Meditaranian with this 12 days.

We are looking for any other people going with the Regal in same date and for any suggestions regarding the food, excusions or any ideas to make this trip a wonderful vacations!!!

Thank you and see you maybe in the ship!!

Stéphane

We are a couple (Stephane and Alain) just booked our first cruise!!! We are happy and eager to visit the Meditaranian with this 12 days.

We are looking for any other people going with the Regal in same date and for any suggestions regarding the food, excusions or any ideas to make this trip a wonderful vacations!!!

Stéphane

Here is a link to your Roll Call, where you can discuss food, excursions and other ideas to make this trip a wonderful vacation.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1831472

Have a great cruise.:)

Only if they have the "soot problem" solved.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yeah,if there were a problem on Royal,certain they corrected it by now.Why would Princess invest millions in a cruise ship only to have the eft ruined by soot and WHY WOULD THEY BUILD THE REGAL WITH THE SUPPOSED IDENTICAL DEFECT?:rolleyes:

Stéphane

Welcome! Please join our roll call if you havent already: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41691499#post41691499

Yeah,if there were a problem on Royal,certain they corrected it by now.Why would Princess invest millions in a cruise ship only to have the eft ruined by soot and WHY WOULD THEY BUILD THE REGAL WITH THE SUPPOSED IDENTICAL DEFECT?:rolleyes:
No one has posted that the problem has been fixed as of yet. The Royal and Regal are identical and the design was completed a long time ago. They did simulations of the exhaust flow but the explanation is that they didn't account for the MUTS screen. Looking at the location of the screen, it doesn't look like it would have much impact. I believe these are new engines for Princess and it was reported that they were working with the engine builder also. You know what they say about the word assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Has anyone heard of the notes the Regal's horn will play ? I wonder if they will stay with the Royal's " Love exciting and new" or maybe go to the next few bars "The love boat soon will be making another run." Really anxious to find out.

Regal Princess (now indicated by a blue icon), with tug assist, being maneuvered away from her berth at the outfitting pier and heading for drydock (located upper left side of image and to the left of where you see the four crane shadows)...

12584138953_cf66240971_z.jpg

12584205163_c3d412c6cd_z.jpg

12584637614_eb6ba6cddf_z.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Hi Brian,

It appears, upon further inspection of that first picture posted of Regal Princess (Post #12) in comparison to the float out pictures of Britannia, the aft pool is already in place on Regal Princess.

Yes I would agree, and as predicted, it is mounted on the deck rather than into the deck.

Thanks for doing this for us that love seeing everything regarding shipbuilding. Looking forward to being on the Regal as she leaves Venice on her maiden voyage to Port Everglades.

Keep the reports coming please.

Hi Brian,

It appears, upon further inspection of that first picture posted of Regal Princess (Post #12) in comparison to the float out pictures of Britannia, the aft pool is already in place on Regal Princess.

You are probably correct as there does appear to be an object on the Sun deck. If you look at the adjacent aft photo of Britannia on your Flickr stream, there is an object covered in plywood on what would be the Lido deck on the Royal/Regal. That could be the aft pool under there as that appears to be the location of the aft pool on Britannia.

Hi Brian,

Dave,

I went back to post 12 and zoomed in, not quite sure "what" was the pool. Could you point to with your little arrow, or are you out of them after pointing to all the cabins for everyone? lol:):):):)

Can't wait for a view from the top!!

Thanks

Steve

Edited by dedosr

...They did simulations of the exhaust flow but the explanation is that they didn't account for the MUTS screen. Looking at the location of the screen, it doesn't look like it would have much impact...

Are you kidding? That new MUTS screen is HUGE and such a big flat surface would certainly effect the airflow causing all sorts of turbulent eddies. That could prevent the exhaust from "cleanly" leaving the stacks and getting enough vertical height so as not to descend before the stern was clear of the descending soot.

Tweaking the engines (not tweRking :eek:) and/or installing some sort of scrubber system might also be part of the solution...