Category 1A Cabins on the S-Class ships...

Johnny Heedless

I'm about to book a 2015 cruise. I've decided to book a 1A (Hump) cabin. There's lots left, so I have plenty to choose from.

What's your preference? The forward, aft-facing cabins (i.e., 8160), the mid-ship, aft-facing cabins (i.e., 8252) , or the mid-ship bow-facing cabins (i.e., 8230)? Why?

celebreflection_deck8.gif

We like cabin 7286, 7288 - midship aft facing. Also while on our TA in December we had a problem with 7286 so they switched us to 8162 which is forward aft facing. All of these cabins are near the elevators. We actually prefer the midship elevators because it is closer to all the restaurants.

We are currently booked in 7286 on our Eclipse cruise next year.

I would take 8252. With 8230 there may be the possibility of wind issues.

Lucy

PS there is a "sticky" above that has almost all cabins listed with various comments and information. You might look there.

Have been in 8252 and is a great balcony, as you can look forward if you stand at the left hand side of bacony, but ofcourse looking aft is easier. This cabin is in great location if you want to be close to the lifts and is very quiet.

The balcony itself is about triple size and incredibly spacious.

Also have been in 8254 where you can not look forward, but was still a great cabin and the balcony is about double size.

These cabins are also great when you have Istanbul in your itinerary, because you will have all the great views from your balcony.

We like 8160 because we like to be by the gym, Solarium and Aqua Spa. Started back on the M Class ships when they had the T pool. Since we've just become accustomed to that cabin.

Otherwise I'd jump on 8252 because you shouldn't get the wind and you can also look out over your balcony towards the front. I always like to see where we are going :)

enjoy

We liked 8230 on the Equinox (which is forward facing) and have booked it again for a cruise on the Eclipse. We had no wind problems. Since it is the outmost balcony, it is larger than the one ahead of us and you can look back by sticking your head over the railing.

It's a great and very useful document.

The problem is it just tells you the opinions on whether cabins are good or not. In this case, if you look up the three example cabins I mentioned in my OP, all three cabins are highly rated. However, it doesn't tell you which was is best among the three.

It's a great and very useful document.

The problem is it just tells you the opinions on whether cabins are good or not. In this case, if you look up the three example cabins I mentioned in my OP, all three cabins are highly rated. However, it doesn't tell you which was is best among the three.

Of course it doesn't tell you which is best, because that's a very subjective judgement. You'll just have to read the comments and decide for yourself which is "best" based on your own personal tastes.

Mid-ship to me is the very best...close to breakfast, MDR, etc. There isn't a big difference, unless you want the bed near the balcony or near the bed. I have had them both ways, and like it near the balcony, so that the bathroom door opens into the room and not towards the hallway door.:) Just my quirky preference!

Also, depending where you are on the slant, the outside air can blow into the balcony...

Edited by Lastdance

We were in a C2 9241, port, on the back side of the hump, on Reflection. No wind, noise, great view leaving a port. We are in a 1A, 8226, starboard on the front angle of the hump on our next sailing. We wanted to see where we were going this time! :D The angle gives us a lot bigger balcony. We only get 3 CC points for the 1A vs 5 points for the C2, but the cost savings lets us go to a few more speciality resturants.

Edited by wallie5446

I know the balcony is larger, but do these 1A balconies still have just two chairs and a small table on them? No lounger .... not even a footstool?

Correct. They have the same furniture as a regular verandah. Footstool is concierge and up on the S class.

My fav is 8279, stayed in her on 2 different ships. Facing aft you get 0 wind. Midship location is very convenient to everything.

Edited by ariawoman

Correct. They have the same furniture as a regular verandah. Footstool is concierge and up on the S class.

My fav is 8279, stayed in her on 2 different ships. Facing aft you get 0 wind. Midship location is very convenient to everything.

so glad to see your post as i have this cabin next year on the Eclipse. was that one of the ships that you were on in this cabin? thanks

8230. It will give you the best view of the bridge, the best view as you are coming into most ports, and I like to see where I am going! The central location to the stairs and elevators is wonderful too. Lastly you will feel the motion of the ocean, the least in the center portion of the ship and 8230 is closest to the center...

I have stayed in the same cabin location on decks 9, 10 and 11, loved them all...

BILL