elite laundry

wp bob

I don't know what would be a good solution for this as we should be responsible adults and follow the rules.

One of the paper bags per day sounds good but is really a lot of work for both the pax and the crew. On a longer cruise, I send out laundry about every 6 days but I use one of the large plastic bags.

The idea of taking away the laundry privilege from abusers sounds good and each pax should be warned ahead of time. " Abuse it and lose it!" Of course, Princess should be ready and stand firm against the push back.

It's a shame that a few might ruin the best perk for the rest of us.

I don't know what would be a good solution for this as we should be responsible adults and follow the rules.

One of the paper bags per day sounds good but is really a lot of work for both the pax and the crew. On a longer cruise, I send out laundry about every 6 days but I use one of the large plastic bags.

The idea of taking away the laundry privilege from abusers sounds good and each pax should be warned ahead of time. " Abuse it and lose it!" Of course, Princess should be ready and stand firm against the push back.

People who are abusing the perk now will continue to do so even if it is changed to one bag per day ('we'll send our stuff our on Tuesday and your stuff on Wednesday, ...'). As others have said, Princess should clarify the policy (per member or per stateroom - I always assumed it was the former because the form asks for your name in addition to stateroom number if I remember correctly) by noting it on the form right by the signature and then enforce it. Abusers should lose the perk.

It can certainly happen without warning ala July 2012 when Princess unexpectedly announced no more free internet for suite passengers.

I am hoping that they are already taking steps to prevent a recurrence of the situation that happened on the Royal TA. I am sure there were some very irritated passengers on that cruise.

Mike:)

Maybe they should change the posted Elite benefits to read, "Limited to one free bag of laundry per cabin per day".

1 bag per day per cabin does not seem unreasonable.

To me a limit of one bag is unreasonable.

I always send it out in two bags, one for the "laundry" and one for the "cleaning." This prevents the items that need the "cleaning" process from getting mixed in with the other stuff.

It can certainly happen without warning ala July 2012 when Princess unexpectedly announced no more free internet for suite passengers.

I am hoping that they are already taking steps to prevent a recurrence of the situation that happened on the Royal TA. I am sure there were some very irritated passengers on that cruise.

Before they eliminated free internet for suites, they took away unlimited internet from Platinum and allowed a dollar amount dependent on length of the cruise. Maybe they should have a dollar amount for free laundry dependent on the length of the cruise and how many Elites in the cabin. That might be difficult because one would use more laundry in warm/humid climates than in cooler climates. Maybe denying the privilege to the abusers is the best solution.

Edited by Ethel5

I always send it out in two bags, one for the "laundry" and one for the "cleaning." This prevents the items that need the "cleaning" process from getting mixed in with the other stuff.

I do this as well when we have a suite...and write in big letters on the items must be Dry Cleaned.

Before they eliminated free internet for suites, they took away unlimited internet from Platinum and allowed a dollar amount dependent on length of the cruise. Maybe they should have a dollar amount for free laundry dependent on the length of the cruise and how many Elites in the cabin. That might be difficult because one would use more laundry in warm/humid climates than in cooler climates. Maybe denying the privilege to the abusers is the best solution.

The cruise lines have taken away alot of things thru the years, and more and more people feel they are entitled...for everyone that abuses... not one uses..so....for example I have seldom used the internet on princess but I do remember how people were up in arms when the unlimited was removed and the couldn't conduct their business via it, when on a cruise.

I have come back to Princess after not cruising her for 3 years. The get-aways brought me back not because of the promos, I booked prior. I am so surpised how the boards have changed, people seem to be so status hungry......what happened? I know the cruise lines love to drive this....but why do we let them ?....Sorry just had to vent.

Edited by land lover

If there is a way to abuse the system, whether on vacation or at work, some people will always test the limits.

In my opinion, this is theft of services. No different than throwing your trash in someone else's dumpster, or hot wiring into an electrical meter.

We sent laundry out 3 times on the last 14 day cruise. I should think the supervisor of housekeeping would have authority to address abuse of a benefit. The idea of limiting laundry to pre-set dollar amount sounds reasonable. Too bad some passenger's stoop so low to rob the system of services, and maybe ultimately, rob benefits from those who have earned them.

Part of the problem on something like a transatlantic is that people are likely to be vacationing beforehand, and get on the ship with a suitcase full of dirty clothes.

caribill, I understand your point about laundry vs. dry cleaning, but couldn't you send them on consecutive days? Surely you don't send out two bags of laundry on every day of a cruise?

And agreed, it's the people who abuse the system that are the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

We have always just put a note in with the items to be "cleaned" and separated those from the laundry.

Absolutely I am serious.

Those people KNOW that they are stealing, pure and simple and their actions could affect thousands of passenger's benefits.

Someone suggested the loss of free laundry as the penalty, which I would think is a much more reasonable response by Princess than putting a passenger off the ship.

Someone suggested the loss of free laundry as the penalty, which I would think is a much more reasonable response by Princess than putting a passenger off the ship.
Not much of a penalty since they would then give their laundry to someone else to send out for free. :( Perhaps a $500 fine would make them think twice about sending out laundry that's not theirs.

Not much of a penalty since they would then give their laundry to someone else to send out for free. :( Perhaps a $500 fine would make them think twice about sending out laundry that's not theirs.

The problem is proving that the laundry isn't theirs. It's easy when someone sent out men's pants in 3 different sizes but with women's clothing it's not so easy unless there was a huge size difference.

I think keel hauling would be appropriate-especially if I lose my (hard earned:D) laundry perk.

Pam, was it you who had info about both laundry or "dry cleaning" being the same process using the same cleaning fluid? If not, I recall reading posts from those who took the Ultimate Ship Tour that said it. I don't have any first hand knowledge but just things I've read on CC.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Perhaps a $500 fine would make them think twice about sending out laundry that's not theirs.

I agree with this as well as the keel hauling.;)

The important thing is that Princess deal with this soon and in a manner that will be effective.

I will say that the $250 fine for smoking on one's balcony is bringing in some revenue as I overhead some passengers grumbling about this at the purser's desk last week. That is being enforced.

even tho your daughter has 19 cruises she has not reached elite because of her age but her clothes can go under the wifes name so its not a problem

She is Elite, as it states this on her cruise persoliser. The sooner under 18gets some Elite benefits the better. Very unfair rule.

Absolutely I am serious.

Those people KNOW that they are stealing, pure and simple and their actions could affect thousands of passenger's benefits.

If I remember correctly when internet minutes were unlimited people allowed others to use them which resulted in Princess limiting the minutes (at least this was the reasoning people stated). If true this could also happen with the laundry/cleaning if Princess does an analysis of elite passengers and amount of bags submitted .

Edited by hooked_on_cruising
clarification

If I remember correctly when internet minutes were unlimited people allowed others to use them which resulted in Princess limiting the minutes (at least this was the reasoning people stated). If true this could also happen with the laundry/cleaning if Princess does an analysis of elite passengers and amount of bags submitted .

People in suites were giving out their sign on information and Princess didn't limit the minutes, the did away with the perk completely.

People in suites were giving out their sign on information and Princess didn't limit the minutes, the did away with the perk completely.

I think he was referring to the unlimited internet minutes that Platinum used to get before Princess limited them to free minutes based on length of the cruise. It was because of abuse. It was done several years ago-long before the loss of free internet for suites.

I think he was referring to the unlimited internet minutes that Platinum used to get before Princess limited them to free minutes based on length of the cruise. It was because of abuse. It was done several years ago-long before the loss of free internet for suites.

Ethel you are correct. I was referring to the platinum/elite members unlimited minutes.

Eighteen cruises so far and we have survived doing our own laundry. Our last cruise was 27 days. I suspect my wife will want us to continue doing at least some of our laundry in the laundromat even once we make it to Elite during our upcoming B2B2B. That combined with no Rum in the Elite Minibar is making me wonder why I have been looking forward to making it to Elite!

I don't know how they do the laundry for people on the ship without mixing it all up. Seems like it would be a very labour intensive thing. I'm sure there are likely people who in my opinion abuse it by having most of it done near the end of the cruise instead of just doing it all once home.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

........................SNIP...............................

I don't know how they do the laundry for people on the ship without mixing it all up. Seems like it would be a very labour intensive thing. I'm sure there are likely people who in my opinion abuse it by having most of it done near the end of the cruise instead of just doing it all once home.

Terry

They have these numbered sticky things that go on each piece of laundry. All that belong to one person/cabin have the same number. I often find the little itchy scratchy things long after the cruise and it always brings a smile! As far as sending out laundry at the end of the cruise, I don't feel it's abuse any more than sending out any other laundry.....just don't wait until the very last full day!

Recently I cruised on the Sapphire Princess and I only sent one bag of clothes to be washed. It cost $20. to be washed and the amount showed up on my account. BUT.... I was not charged for the washed clothes.

I wonder if that is how Princess now presently keeps tabs on how much clothes is being washed by an Elite customer and will be able to see the

abusers who take advantage.

I plan to ask my cabin steward when I cruise again if they can just iron some of my clothes since I do hand wash for my delicate glitter clothing.

Does anybody know if they just iron the clothes without washing it?

Recently I cruised on the Sapphire Princess and I only sent one bag of clothes to be washed. It cost $20. to be washed and the amount showed up on my account. BUT.... I was not charged for the washed clothes.

I wonder if that is how Princess now presently keeps tabs on how much clothes is being washed by an Elite customer and will be able to see the

I plan to ask my cabin steward when I cruise again if they can just iron some of my clothes since I do hand wash for my delicate glitter clothing.

Yes, you can get "Press only"

you can save time by ironing your clothes yourself in the laundry