JS cabins for 2 vs 3...

alligeek

We're cruising with some friends on Explorer in a few months and really looking forward to it!

It looks like they can't book a cabin next to ours though. We're all booking JS cabins, and DH and I are booked in an aft cabin with our DS. Our friends are in a cabin for 2, and apparently the aft JS cabins are reserved for 3 people. The cabin next to us is available for 3.

We were hoping to get adjoining cabins. It's obviously not the end of the world if we don't, but it would be nice. Does RCI open them up as the cruise gets closer? Is there any way they could snag that open room w/o bringing a "third wheel" along?

I don't know if you were trying to do this online or not but I had the same issue in booking an aft JS with a balcony right beside it on the Liberty for next December. I called to book through one of RCI's Vacation planners and they had to call C&A to get the cabins both released for 2 people.

It was about 10 minutes on hold but we got the cabins we wanted. It will depend on how popular that RCI feels that sailing will be as to whether or not hey will release them.

We're cruising with some friends on Explorer in a few months and really looking forward to it!

It looks like they can't book a cabin next to ours though. We're all booking JS cabins, and DH and I are booked in an aft cabin with our DS. Our friends are in a cabin for 2, and apparently the aft JS cabins are reserved for 3 people. The cabin next to us is available for 3.

We were hoping to get adjoining cabins. It's obviously not the end of the world if we don't, but it would be nice. Does RCI open them up as the cruise gets closer? Is there any way they could snag that open room w/o bringing a "third wheel" along?

Not happy about this new RCI policy...your situation is a case in point..before your friends would have had no trouble booking the JS next to yours (if available)...some may not mind this new policy but I for one do. :(

Does anybody know ehat wiuld happen if they reserved the desired cabin for three (putting down any old name for the third and putting down a bigger deposit) then cancel the third person at final payment time? Would the cruiseline move to a double JS if one is (or becomes) available?

Does anybody know ehat wiuld happen if they reserved the desired cabin for three (putting down any old name for the third and putting down a bigger deposit) then cancel the third person at final payment time? Would the cruiseline move to a double JS if one is (or becomes) available?

That definitely is the $64,000 question. If only a few people do it, I could see them letting it slide. If it became widespread, I think they might move you. That is all speculation, though.