GS menu question...

sueb

Although I'm sure this has been addressed before....since there isn't a functioning search function I'll need to ask again...We are leaving on the Jewel of the seas next week out of San Juan. Recently was "upselled" to a Grand Suite (our first!). Can you still order from the dining room menu in full suites? Can we order full room service for breakfast our last day before debarkation? Does the concierge lounge offer bottled water? Thanks!

Although I'm sure this has been addressed before....since there isn't a functioning search function I'll need to ask again...We are leaving on the Jewel of the seas next week out of San Juan. Recently was "upselled" to a Grand Suite (our first!). Can you still order from the dining room menu in full suites? Can we order full room service for breakfast our last day before debarkation? Does the concierge lounge offer bottled water? Thanks!

You can still order off the full MDR menu for room service.

Don't know about room service on the last morning.

I've never seen bottled water in the CL.

Edited by clarea

Yes you get full menu in the GS. No, I don't believe you can get room service in any cabin on the last day. No, the Concierge does not have bottled water, although you may be able to get some at the free happy hour, never asked. But I doubt it. You'd likely only get a glass of water.

Keep in mind you also have a full breakfast menu. Nothing like eggs benedict on the balcony. :)

Just off the Jewel in a GS. There is no room service on the last morning. They did offer breakfast in the Windjammer and Dining Room. There is continental breakfast available

in Chops for the Suite guests.

Never saw bottled water in the the Concierge lounge.

Have to agree with papaflamingo, nothing like Eggs Benedict on the balcony, we did all but 1 day.

Also, keep in mind that you can only order room service from the dining room menu when the dining room is open.

Have a great cruise.

It's wonderful to eat breakfast on the balcony, and it's also wonderful to have the balcony table brought inside for a wonderful intimate dinner. I have done this many times in a GS, and have actually had another couple in once or twice for dinner, although we normally do that in an OS.

And, although room service likes to bring everything at once, you can order dinner by the course.;)

Rick

yes to MDR menu ordering.

I think no for RS breakfast final day

I never saw bottled water but that doesn't mean they don't have any. and maybe not at any time other than cocktail hour.

I didn't know that - thanks for the tip :)

I didn't know that either! I have asked that before (on Allure though) and they said no and delivered it all together, possibly because of the number of people on the ship!

One more comment. If you aren't traveling alone, you can have friends in for meals too. We were with 3 other couples one cruise and had everyone up for breakfast (8 of us). No problem. We all ordered whatever we wanted and it was there very quickly. Did tip the room service guy very well though. He deserved it. Think I gave him $25. But it was a lot of fun. They'll ask how many the order is for, no problem for more than just you.

And, although room service likes to bring everything at once, you can order dinner by the course.;)

Rick

I like that Idea, might have to try it next time

So how does that work?

Finish appy and salad make a call and order the entrée

Relax for awhile and order desert

Another vote for eggs benedict, on the balcony for bfast, is the best:D

Edited by jonbgd

I had a GS on Vision in November. They had set up a 'Suite only' section of the main dining room for breakfast and lunch, in the section of the dining room that was used for 'my time dining' in the evening.

I was surprised that they were happy to even serve eggs benedict disembarkation morning there.

Not sure how this is handled fleet-wide now, but was nice to have that option as added benefit.

I like that Idea, might have to try it next time

So how does that work?

Finish appy and salad make a call and order the entrée

Relax for awhile and order desert

Another vote for eggs benedict, on the balcony for bfast, is the best:D

Doc, you have the picture. We don't order desert, but have the 2 courses sent up first, and then order the main entree and any sides. We call just after the first course has arrived.

Rick

PS. Robyn, your RS dining table seats 4, but it's easy to add 2 more chairs, and we have had 6 in for both dinner and breakfast in the RS.;)