Official ncl jade and ncl Spirit are leaning europe in november 2015!!

dub237

Will sail on the Spirit for our first European cruise this September. At first, I was hesitant because of her small size but everyone saying that the itinerary will be ports heavy and I'm pretty much going to be in the ship to eat and sleep.

There are some European itineraries that NCL does not currently offer. Round-Britain; Iceland and Norway are 2 that spring to mind.

Check out Star's 22 Sept 2014;

Copenhagen, Denmark (22 Sep d1700); Bergen, Norway (24 Sep 0800-1900); Alesund, Norway (25 Sep 0800-1700); Lerwick, Shetland Isles (26 Sep 1000-1700); Thorshavn, Faroe Islands (27 Sep 0700-1400); Reykjavik, Iceland (29 Sep 0800-1800); Greenock (Glasgow), Scotland (02 Oct 0800-1800); Dublin, Ireland (03 Oct 0800-1730); Copenhagen, Denmark (06 Oct a0700)

copenhagen-bergen.gif

In 2015 the Star will make one North Cape cruise in june and a 7day Norwegian fjord cruise (image limit so have to type this one out; Copenhagen, Alesund, Geiranger, Flam, Bergen, Copenhagen)

copenhagen-alesund-hellesylt.gif

Also check out 24 Sept 2015 with the Star for the British isles.

Copenhagen, Denmark (24 Sep d1700); Rotterdam (Amsterdam), Holland (26 Sep 0800-1700); Portland, England (27 Sep 1000-1800); Falmouth, England (28 Sep 0800-1700); Cork, Ireland (29 Sep 0800-1900); Dublin, Ireland (30 Sep 1100-2200); Belfast, Northern Ireland (01 Oct 0800-1700); Invergordon, Scotland (03 Oct 0700-1700); Edinburgh, Scotland (04 Oct 0800-1800); Dover, England (06 Oct a0800)

copenhagen-rotterdam.gif

Well, it's certainly true that the Epic is staying in Europe during the winter.

I'm not sure I agree with you though. One of criticisms of the Epic is that you don't get views wherever you are, so it doesn't really make much difference what is outside.

Also, it isn't as if we are talking about it being cold anyway. Not hot, but warm enough to be outside most days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been on the Jade the last two Januarys b2b 21 days and it's definitely too cold to be outdoors. Much more comfortable and warm inside the ship. I'm one who always eats outdoors on a cruise, but never in January while cruising in the Med. If you're outside you have to rug up and keep your body moving. I do walk laps of deck 7in a very warm coat.

Edited by karoo

That would make a difference. We did a TA on the Epic where the weather was not so grand with outer decks closed. We do go to the shows, participate in activities, etc., so never had a problem staying busy and enjoyed every minute. I imagine the only way you might enjoy the sea days on the Epic in such weather would be to have a suite with great views...and you'd love the Epic Club dining with its fabulous views.

Thanks for this. At the moment we are thinking of cancelling our Jade cruise for this November and sailing Jade in the summer instead and then for future winters we could do Epic out of Barcelona on a similar itinerary to the one on Jade we will likely be cancelling. It is much easier to go via Barcelona than Rome for us and if we got a 2 bedroom suite my sister could travel with both of us. We really enjoyed our cruise on the Epic but this is a winter itinerary not a summer one so the issues about the outdoor areas apply. The port intensity and the ship are big factors in this decision.