Ok..ok..so tell the Newbie the Difference...

We will be booking our first RCCL Cruise.

What is the difference between the Allure & Oasis?

I've tried to find an answer but besides the Allure is a tad bigger and the Oasis is a tad cheaper. I can't find much.

Anyone?

And if you had to choose between the 2 which would you prefer and why.

thanks so much!

We will be booking our first RCCL Cruise.

What is the difference between the Allure & Oasis?

I've tried to find an answer but besides the Allure is a tad bigger and the Oasis is a tad cheaper. I can't find much.

Anyone?

And if you had to choose between the 2 which would you prefer and why.

thanks so much!

Biggest difference is Oasis sails on Saturday and Allure sails on Sunday.

There are different shows, such as Hairspray on Oasis and Chicago on Allure.

There are a small number of different restaurants.

Ok so nothing that really makes the ship itself better then the other.

Basically just entertainment and food.

And if you prefer to leave on a Saturday sail the Oasis. If you want to leave on Sunday then sail the Allure!

Ok so nothing that really makes the ship itself better then the other.

Basically just entertainment and food.

And if you prefer to leave on a Saturday sail the Oasis. If you want to leave on Sunday then sail the Allure!

That pretty much sums it up as far as I'm concerned. And if someone has sailed one ship I could see booking the other so not to see the same shows twice.

And the size difference is negligible. I think the Allure was about 2 inches longer than Oasis. But if you want to say you have sailed on the largest cruise ship, then book the Allure. That is until the third Oasis class is launched, as she is reported to be a bit larger gross tonnage, though there are no indications of where that cubic footage is coming from.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

As others have said you won't be able to really tell the difference. We've sailed both twice. I'd go with price and itinerary. I will say that an officer told me that they made over 2000 changes in Allure based on Oasis, but that they were effectively undetectable by passengers.

The biggest difference is the production show, and Rita's Cantina on Allure and the Seafood Shack on Oasis. As mentioned Allure has the Dog House which is great, but none of those things are worth a preference of the cruise.

Take the ship that fits your price, schedule, and itinerary best. Since Oasis is older it tends to be a bit cheaper. But you can't go wrong with either.

As others have said you won't be able to really tell the difference. We've sailed both twice. I'd go with price and itinerary. I will say that an officer told me that they made over 2000 changes in Allure based on Oasis, but that they were effectively undetectable by passengers.

The biggest difference is the production show, and Rita's Cantina on Allure and the Seafood Shack on Oasis. As mentioned Allure has the Dog House which is great, but none of those things are worth a preference of the cruise.

Take the ship that fits your price, schedule, and itinerary best. Since Oasis is older it tends to be a bit cheaper. But you can't go wrong with either.

Very good advice.

One thing you need to decide is if you want to sail Eastern or Western Caribbean. Then, fit that into your available date.

I wish my week (1st week in April) was cheaper on the Oasis as I prefer those ports (as well as the Saturday departure), however it was about $500 more than the Allure, so I opted for price. Truth be told, though, I am really more interested in the ship than the ports. This time around, anyway!

Both ships offer the exact same itinerary but leave a day apart.

If there aren't noticeable differences that would make one better then the other then that's perfect. Choosing either is fine..although DH & DS would like the Doghouse over the Seafood shack.

Thanks for all the replies.

I wish my week (1st week in April) was cheaper on the Oasis as I prefer those ports (as well as the Saturday departure), however it was about $500 more than the Allure, so I opted for price. Truth be told, though, I am really more interested in the ship than the ports. This time around, anyway!

Me too..with the exception of Labadee we've done the other posts a few times already.

Both ships offer the exact same itinerary but leave a day apart.

If there aren't noticeable differences that would make one better then the other then that's perfect. Choosing either is fine..although DH & DS would like the Doghouse over the Seafood shack.

Thanks for all the replies.

So do we.:)

So do we.:)

After reading the below. I think we may end up sailing the Allure...

The news comes shortly after Royal Caribbean revealed that the 5,400-passenger Allure, the world's largest cruise ship, would spend the summer of 2015 in the Mediterranean instead of the Caribbean. The vessel will re-deploy from Fort Lauderdale, where it has operated since its 2010 debut, to Barcelona from May to October 2015.

That about covers it

When One is Doing E. Caribb the other is Doing W. Caribb