price drop

kenorus

If you notice a price drop prior to final payment, just ask, and you will be given the lower price.

After final payment, however, you can ask but may not get anything back. You might get some on-board credit, or perhaps an upgrade.

It depends if you have made final payment or not.

I'll cover before final payment and, hopefully, someone else will cover after final payment.

Before final payment...

1. You can cancel your existing booking and get your deposit returned. You then make a new booking under the terms and conditions of the lower fare. If someone has asked to be put on a waitlist for your particular cabin you could lose it and have to book a different cabin. If your original fare included a drink package, or on-board credit, or reduced deposits then you could lose the drink package, OBC and have to pay the full deposit and maybe increased port fees.

2. Others have reported that you can just call and get your booking reset to the lower price. But you may still lose any drink package, OBC and have to pay the full deposit and increased port fees. You go from the conditions of your original booking to the conditions of the "new" booking.

I doubt they will give you a rebate in the form of cash or OBC if you want the lower price prior to final payment. After final payment it is a whole different set of scenarios.

Edited by CHOPPERTESTER

I have booked directly with HAL before and paid in full before final payment is due,when I notice a price drop on my cabin type, have called and difference in fare was put back on my credit card in about 10 days. Called after final payment was due and recieved on board credit. I do always book with a HAL travel assistant so that might make a difference.

Our price dropped after final, e-mailed my TA to contact HAL. She e-mailed back and said after final, HAL does not take any action. CALLED her after that and told her that, yes,, they sometimes will, so please CALL. She did and they did (give obc), but took away the bonus package - Explore 4. That was ok with us since HAL's obc was of greater value than the Explore 4 package!

It pays to be a pest -- uhh -- persevere!

I booked next week's trip on a flash sale after final payment. The price dropped 2 times since then. My TA called and both times I had the choice to upgrade from a VD to V or VA for no charge, or take OBC. I love our room, so I took the credit. Between the two rooms (2 people per room) I have over $700 in OBC, and that ant doesn't even include my stock owner bonus.

They might say no, but you can't get anything if you don't ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you book directly with HAL, they should give you an OBC after final payment. At least they have every time I have asked. That's why I like booking directly with HAL.

I sent our PCC an email to let her know we made final payment on our B2B cruises in May. Also let her know that our SB dropped $200 per person and that the SA category was now $400 per person less than we paid for our SB.

Her reply was "Thanks for the update".

In all fairness, I did say that we didn't want to lose the Explore 4 and wanted to keep the same stateroom on our B2B.

I guess is just a little disappointing that they seem to not care once they have our money.

I sent our PCC an email to let her know we made final payment on our B2B cruises in May. Also let her know that our SB dropped $200 per person and that the SA category was now $400 per person less than we paid for our SB.

In all fairness, I did say that we didn't want to lose the Explore 4 and wanted to keep the same stateroom on our B2B.

I guess is just a little disappointing that they seem to not care once they have our money.

I would make a call to her. Tell her that you want an OBC and ask her if there is anything she can do. We do not use a PCC, we just book directly online and if the price goes down, I call and request an OBC. They usually put me on hold and go to their supervisor but I have always received the OBC.

Your issue likely is the Explore4 program. I doubt that HAL will lower your fare AND let you keep it, as they originally were charging higher fares due to offering the Explore4.

Your issue likely is the Explore4 program. I doubt that HAL will lower your fare AND let you keep it, as they originally were charging higher fares due to offering the Explore4.

That is what I figured. I fighure the Explore 4 is worth about $800 between the Signature Beverage Card and the dinner so really a wash.

Ironic that it would drop by that amount :)