Alaska 2015 is up!!

Alaska sailing have been posted. I was not able to book online, so I had to call RC directly.

I have the cruise part booked, but the cruise tour part is mixed up. Some of the itineraries changed. What was posted on line is different from what the cruise planner stated. I need to get that straightened out tomorrow. At least I got my hump cabin on deck 9.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I booked my Radiance B2B about 7:30 pm CST. I bugged RCI several times a day about when booking would be available, and finally the dates appeared, but no prices! I called the booking number and was give assistance booking a back to back. :D

Edited by songster2

Alaska sailing have been posted. I was not able to book online, so I had to call RC directly.

I have the cruise part booked, but the cruise tour part is mixed up. Some of the itineraries changed. What was posted on line is different from what the cruise planner stated. I need to get that straightened out tomorrow. At least I got my hump cabin on deck 9.

Anyone have similar experiences?

I was looking at the itineraries last night but was starting to get a headache...going to look again today and try to get a beter handle on it.

Does anyone know when Jewel will be refurbished and what will be added? I'm asking here since Jewel is going to be in Alaska in 2015.

Barb

Current schedule shows Jewel revitalization dry dock in 2016.

Thanks, Bob. I've read enough of your posts to understand you know what you are talking about!! However, when I looked at Jewel's deck plans, it listed current deck plans and then "Deck Plans May, 2015 to Oct., 2015". I just thought there might be a revitalization prior to May, 2015.

Thanks again,

Barb

Thanks, Bob. I've read enough of your posts to understand you know what you are talking about!! However, when I looked at Jewel's deck plans, it listed current deck plans and then "Deck Plans May, 2015 to Oct., 2015". I just thought there might be a revitalization prior to May, 2015.

Thanks again,

Barb

With this new system of not allowing couples to book cabins that sleep 3/4 maybe they are re-designating cabins? :confused:

Alaska's been on my bucket list for a long time. Thanks to this thread I just put a June 2015 cruise on hold this a.m. I figured this would give me plenty of time to pay it off.

Of course, I texted my son to tell him I booked us and he texted back, "Not sure that I'll want to/be able to do it." Which is reasonable b/c he's 21 now, and may be busy in two summers.

Now I need to decide if I want to put a deposit on the hold, or just set the money aside weekly, and wait until closer to actually book.

I cruise a lot by myself, but for some reason with this itinerary, I really wanted to have a travelling companion.

Hmm....decisions....decisions.

Thanks again,

Barb

When it comes to Royal Caribbean Bob is the BEST!when you read his answer, you don't have to look further.

Hi all-decided a while back to book an Alaskan cruise as soon as 2015 came out. Found it last night on the Seattle roundtrip (May 29) one hump left-7598. I have this cabin on hold but looks like there is a sofa bed. As this is just for the two of us could we be bumped? Also would the hump be the best value for an economy balcony? One more question-there are a few extended balcony cabins by the elevators-are they noisy or would 7598 be better? One more thing to add-we love big and private balconies.

Thanks all!

All booked for May 2015 on Radiance and in the cabin we wanted :D

Super happy! Lots of planning paid off!

I booked last night on Radiance for June 5TH 2015. So excited. Couldn't decide between May or June. Hope I picked a good time. Have fun planning and happy sailing!!

Alaska's been on my bucket list for a long time. Thanks to this thread I just put a June 2015 cruise on hold this a.m. I figured this would give me plenty of time to pay it off.

Now I need to decide if I want to put a deposit on the hold, or just set the money aside weekly, and wait until closer to actually book.

Put down the deposit (you can list a TBD for the second person or just book as a single for now) - the price is likely to go up and you may regret not having the cabin you want. You can always get your money back later if you change your mind.

I booked last night on Radiance for June 5TH 2015. So excited. Couldn't decide between May or June. Hope I picked a good time. Have fun planning and happy sailing!!

Thank you, I hope you do too!

We are on 22nd May, it was the only date we could do due to family commitments/birthdays etc and also knew we wanted to do Southbound and before the prices started going up over the summer!

Have already gone through the excursions available this year to get an idea for when it comes up for our cruise! I am super organised!

Yea! Thank you for alerting us about the release of the Alaska 2015 dates! Booked it!!! Had to call crown and anchor to reserve the date because the website keeps saying, due to high demand, could not make reservation on line. No problem, got our date and room! Thank you again for the information!:)

I know how you feel. My MIL is in a power assisted chair, which means our room requirments are very particular. We need to book right away to secure our cabins. I thought my agent understood this, but I haven't heard from her since yesterday when I informed her about the bookings opening. Sigh... if it wasn't for her being written into our Next Cruise Certificates, I'd be booking this on my own.

So to update: still waiting to book. :(

I know how you feel. My MIL is in a power assisted chair, which means our room requirments are very particular. We need to book right away to secure our cabins. I thought my agent understood this, but I haven't heard from her since yesterday when I informed her about the bookings opening. Sigh... if it wasn't for her being written into our Next Cruise Certificates, I'd be booking this on my own.

So to update: still waiting to book. :(

Oh no :( Still waiting? Is there nothing you can do to speed your TA up? I hope you get it booked soon and get what you need :)

We got ours booked for the same sailing. I wanted 7600, but someone went and stole our cabin.....Oh well we had to "settle" for 7602 sign. Come over and say hello - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1993716

Here I thought I was the only crazy waiting, and waiting, checking and re checking waiting for AK to open up. We (my sister and I) were giving each other a play by play - Jewel is up with no prices, now Radiance with no prices, Ohhhhhh Jewel has prices, Radiance does too! Then my Mom chimed in with cruise tours are up with prices as well. We were having a grand ole time last night!

Now comes the fun part....researching, finding, deciding and booking excursions!

We got ours booked for the same sailing. I wanted 7600, but someone went and stole our cabin.....Oh well we had to "settle" for 7602 sign. Come over and say hello - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1993716

Here I thought I was the only crazy waiting, and waiting, checking and re checking waiting for AK to open up. We (my sister and I) were giving each other a play by play - Jewel is up with no prices, now Radiance with no prices, Ohhhhhh Jewel has prices, Radiance does too! Then my Mom chimed in with cruise tours are up with prices as well. We were having a grand ole time last night!

Now comes the fun part....researching, finding, deciding and booking excursions!

We were just the same!!!

And yes it is great fun thinking, researching and learning about new excursions - only 455 days to go so better get a wriggle on :D

I'm considering the Radiance for Alaska 2015. One the website it says "New!" next to the picture of the Radiance. Has it been recently refurbished? I know it's not a new ship for Alaska...

I was planning on Disney (2 "Tweens" at the time of sailing) so pretty new to RCCL. Anyone point me to a good resource or threads to help me choose my stateroom?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm considering the Radiance for Alaska 2015. One the website it says "New!" next to the picture of the Radiance. Has it been recently refurbished? I know it's not a new ship for Alaska...

I was planning on Disney (2 "Tweens" at the time of sailing) so pretty new to RCCL. Anyone point me to a good resource or threads to help me choose my stateroom?

Thanks!

Radiance was refurbished a couple of years ago.

Edited by clarea