Michael Bayley Email

Mary El

I know that this has been asked before, but what is Michael Bayley's email address? I searched on Michael Bayley in this forum but for some reason the search engine is not working.

I have been on hold by Celebrity for nearly an hour now. I have an existing reservation that I want to change.

Celebrity is going to lose so much business if people are put on hold for such a long time. Heard that even TAs are put on hold for extended periods of time.

I want him to be aware of this problem.

Many thanks

The problem is that he is fully aware of the problem. I had a conversation with someone in his office a week ago and mentioned all our concerns - from the website to the long wait times. Although she was very nice and was concerned, I doubt anything will change.

For every one disgruntled passenger, three more are stepping aboard. Until they feel a financial impact, nothing will change.:(

In the days of saving money where ever you can, I would say companies are trying to rely on their web presence to handle orders (reservations), customer comments/questions. I wouldn't be surprised that the call centers are being cut back. I actually wondered a couple of times when I called was a really speaking to someone in a call center or in their home. I try to use the web for most things even asking questions. I tried a couple of time to submit a question to Captains club and the response by email took better part of 2 weeks. If their cruises are full they dont need to be overly customer focused but they need to take care of their customers.

"Someone" from Celebrity monitors these boards. They post occasionally, so we know that they know of our concerns. Not sure why they continue to ignore all the threads about the web site and the long phone waits.

BUT...if you are short staffed today, it may take upwards of 3 months to ramp up. You have to interview, hire, train....etc, that all takes time. Also, their phone lines would not be so busy if their website would work!

Ah well......first world problems! :o

"Someone" from Celebrity monitors these boards. They post occasionally, so we know that they know of our concerns. Not sure why they continue to ignore all the threads about the web site and the long phone waits.

We have been experiencing unprecedented demand and phone volume due to the popularity of our 123Go promotion. We are working diligently to improve our service levels and add staff. In the meantime, our guests are provided with an opportunity to enter their phone number so we can automatically save their place in line and return their call as soon as an Agent comes available.

We'll continue to monitor and provide feedback, and apologize for any inconvenience.

but what is Michael Bayley's email address?

I have an existing reservation that I want to change.

Celebrity is going to lose so much business if people are put on hold for such a long time.

I want him to be aware of this problem.

1. There's a 99.9% chance that Michael Bailey himself will never see your email. There are staff people in his office to respond to emails sent to his address. Occasionally a selection of emails will be given to him to see firsthand.

2. Try calling back and when you enter the automated phone queue, press whatever button is says to press for a new reservation, not an existing one. I've found that many times calls about existing reservations (i.e. they already have your money so why hurry to answer your call) end up on hold much longer. Calls for new business are routed differently and often have a much shorter hold time.

We have been experiencing unprecedented demand and phone volume due to the popularity of our 123Go promotion. We are working diligently to improve our service levels and add staff. In the meantime, our guests are provided with an opportunity to enter their phone number so we can automatically save their place in line and return their call as soon as an Agent comes available.

We'll continue to monitor and provide feedback, and apologize for any inconvenience.

While I would agree that there is a lot of interest in the 123Go promotion.....why is it that I, myself, experienced long phone wait times about this same time last year?? Also, the 123Go has been going on since August of last year (I know because that's when I booked my upcoming cruise!!)

If you knew the 123Go Promo was coming, why not staff accordingly??

Also.....if your website worked better.....people could get answers, book excursions, book specialty restaurants and purchase cruises through the website instead of having to call.

p.s. tried the "click to have someone call you" on your website. That doesn't work too well as it DOES call you back, but has a recording on it that says the feature is broken.

Edited by CaroleSS

Hold-times have been out of control! Just another example of the downgrading of the Celebrity experience. I guess "modern luxury" has taken on a whole new meaning.

Mass market cruising is no longer luxurious. If you want a true luxury experience, go on a high end cruise lines. Why can't some people get this basic concept.

Mass market cruising is no longer luxurious. If you want a true luxury experience, go on a high end cruise lines. Why can't some people get this basic concept.

I have to agree with you. The luxury that once was cruising no longer exists.

Edited by Spender Nui

If you knew the 123Go Promo was coming, why not staff accordingly??

Also.....if your website worked better.....people could get answers, book excursions, book specialty restaurants and purchase cruises through the website instead of having to call.

I agree. I have been trying to call since yesterday to upgrade an upcoming cruise, in other words give them more money, but having been hanging up when I get messages that tell me estimated wait times are from 20 to 40 minutes. Yes, I could have someone call me back, but I have been trying to get through when the time works for me. There is only so much (not much, really) you can do directly through the website.

I don't understand; I have never experienced wait times like this before, promotions, wave season or whatever. It's disappointing.

Long wait times on the phone have nothing to do with a cruise line being luxurious. I have booked my first cruise on Celebrity and I had to wait about 30 minutes. I was about to hang up and forget it. When I had to call back because I hadn't been asked what my option was for the 123 Go I had to wait over 30 minutes. My thought is if this is how it is trying to book, what kind of experience am I going to have on Celebrity. Carnival is absolutely not a luxury line but I have never had to wait on the phone like I did with Celebrity. If you are saying how quickly they answer the phone equates to how luxurious a cruise line is then Carnival would beat Celebrity by a mile. But that just isn't the case.

I am seriously looking at a back up plan for our cruise next year. If I have a long wait to pay I just might cancel instead of paying. According to the saying, "Business goes where it is wanted and stays where it is appreciated", it appears that Celebrity neither wants nor appreciates our business. I know there are a lot of loyal Celebrity cruisers on here. But this is my first experience and it just isn't what I thought it would be. I am going to be patient and hope things improve. At least I have until January before I have to make my final payment.

Sharon

Sharon