Could 4 People Share a Drink Package / 2 Cabins

Here are the terms of the package from the Royal Caribbean website:

*Prices subject to change without notice. Packages include server gratuities, cannot be shared, are not transferable. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. When ordering a beverage selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server. Package does not include room service or in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages. Package is subject to the terms of Royal Caribbean International’s Alcohol Policy. Complete terms and conditions on page 2. ©2013 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas. 13032790 • 12/13/13

Is it possible to pick and choose which days you buy if for. Like choose 4 days that include mostly sea days. It just seems to be a waste to buy it for days when you are off the ship most of the daytime. No way even my hubby could break even on the daily cost, if just drinking during the evening.

No, it needs to be consecutive days.

Not necessarily making this point to you, but it does apply, it just happened to be your post that I picked to respond to.

If you do not feel that you will get your money's worth out of the package, there is no reason to buy it. Just buy drinks as you go along. If you find out that you are spending more than you expected, remember that for next time. The drinks packages are not meant for everyone. The cruise lines would only offer them (or continue to offer them) if there is money to made by them on the package. If people keep trying to figure out ways to get around the system they will either be increased in price or taken away.

I'm glad they added the non alcohol package. love those Lava Flows. It was well worth the price of 120 for the week. I have been buying the soda package ever since they came out with it, and RCCL never required every one in the room to purchase it, or any other drink package.

... and RCCL never required every one in the room to purchase it, or any other drink package.

RCCL required everyone over 21 in the cabin to purchase the alcohol packages. They changed it a few months ago (I think it was in December 2013). Now only one person can purchase if they chose. IMHO, That will change again if people are dishonest.

Is it possible to pick and choose which days you buy if for. Like choose 4 days that include mostly sea days. It just seems to be a waste to buy it for days when you are off the ship most of the daytime. No way even my hubby could break even on the daily cost, if just drinking during the evening.

no you cannot choose specific days. plus after a certain day you cannot buy it at all.

While I think that the comment about overindulging on diet soda was gratuitous and unnecessary, I think you are out of line in calling her a busybody. She is 100% accurate in stating that those who share beverage packages are thieves and cheaters. Having ethics and a moral backbone does not make a person a busybody. Voicing an opinion on a public forum ,likewise, does not make one a busybody. Just like advocating the theft of goods and services from a ship does not automatically make a person a low life trailer park trash.

If you can't make your point without name calling and character attacks, perhaps you should simply refrain from replying.

Notice I hadn't said anything until she got on her high horse about someone drinking too much diet soda, "mom." Kind of the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak - and WAY out of line...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Notice I hadn't said anything until she got on her high horse about someone drinking too much diet soda, "mom." Kind of the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak - and WAY out of line...

Personally, I love me some Diet Coke.

Plenty of people have told you the truth: what you're contemplating is theft. I don't know what the ship does when they catch people doing this, but I'm sure they have a policy.

What no one has really addressed: how possible is it to share? Truthfully, it is less possible than you might think:

- You could probably get away with it at the pool. You have several bars in close proximity, and you could go from one to another, BUT if anyone's perusing the receipts, they're going to wonder why you're buying drinks 5 minutes apart from bars 20 steps apart. And then they're going to be watching you the next day. Additionally, those bars can get crowded during prime time, and you'd get tired of waiting twice.

- You could not order two drinks in the dining room, where the waiters bring them to you. That would definitely be noticed.

- You could not go sit in a bar together and enjoy a drink together.

- You could not go to the theater bar and get two drinks, at least not without making two trips . . . And those lines get long.

In reality, even if you choose not to behave in an ethical way, this idea isn't as feasible as you might think at first glance.

Out of line? Hardly. Check out the ingredients and look up some of them. If even one person does maybe they will quit drinking that stuff. Oh and as far as my high horse….well if that's what science is than so be it.

Wow, first a busybody lecturing others on thievery, now a busybody lecturing others on what they eat/drink too! :rolleyes:

Busybody…ha! You joined here, what? Only last month and already have over 400 posts. You sound like the busy one to me, and a name caller too. Sticks and stones and all that jazz. And a thief is a thief no lecture required. Diet soda? The poster I responded to said they drank A LOT of it. Nasty stuff for the body…but hey, to each their own. Everybody has their own poison I guess.

What's the difference what package it is? They are designed to be used by the purchaser exactly the same way. If you feel one way about use of one package that feeling should apply to all, no?

I don't purchase the soda package so I was referring to what I purchased. And of course I feel that sharing any of the packages is stealing. Duh.

obviously this whole thread got slightly out of hand with people getting a little overexcited about things and slightly off topic. I don't think the purpose of these boards were to lecture one another...hint hint ;)

The fact remains that no, it is not allowed to share a drink package between 2 people. No one (on here anyways) knows exactly what WILL happen because so far no one has proof only speculation as to what COULD happen and that's not the same thing.

I highly doubt that anyone is encouraging breaking of rules, including myself, I was simply answering the question that was asked.

I am going on a cruise in a little over a week and I have already bought a pop package and will enjoy the heck out of A LOT OF DIET COKES! I don't think that my enjoyment of pop is really that much worse that others enjoyment of alcohol but to each his/her own! Hope everyone else enjoys their trips as much as I plan to...diet coke in hand! :D

Does everyone have a Sizzler restaurant near your home? They have been fighting this for years. I order the all you can eat shrimp and my DW thinks nothing of having "just a few". She is not a thief, and she only takes 5 or ten little tiny shrimp, but it feels wrong to me. Does not feel wrong to her.

Any cruise line offering these packages will always have people who don't think there is anything wrong with taking 'one" drink.

Maybe if they lowered the price some people would not feel the need to "share" so that they can break even.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Someone is always trying to justify doing something wrong.

Does everyone have a Sizzler restaurant near your home? They have been fighting this for years. I order the all you can eat shrimp and my DW thinks nothing of having "just a few". She is not a thief, and she only takes 5 or ten little tiny shrimp, but it feels wrong to me. Does not feel wrong to her.

Any cruise line offering these packages will always have people who don't think there is anything wrong with taking 'one" drink.

She takes shrimp from a package that you ordered and paid for but she did not. What is that? Stealing from Sizzler. Sizzler knows people do this so they charge more per order. The rest of Sizzler's customers make up for what your wife took, stole, whatever you want to call it.

If you bought a soda at McDonald's and your wife asked for a water (which is free) and they gave her a cup and she filled it with soda, what would you call that? Stealing from McDonald's. The rest of McDonald's customers get charged to cover theft. The shrimp she takes costs way more than the soda. Both are the same thing, theft.

So anyone buying any of the drink packages on Royal Caribbean who even have one drink from a package not in their name is doing the same thing as the scenario I gave with the McDonald's soda. If you are ok with that go ahead. But please don't pretend it isn't stealing because it is.

Edited by JillLovesTravel

It would make absolute sense for your DH to buy it on your Oasis cruise in November. You'll be visiting Labadee, Cozumel and Falmouth. The drink package is good on Labadee, so 5 out of your 7 days are now covered all day long. You'll only possibly be off of the ship for 2 port stops and since you're cruising on the Oasis, which is a destination by itself, combined with the fact that I'm sure you've been to Cozumel and Jamaica before on one of your 25 previous cruises, you should just stay on board and enjoy everything that the Oasis has to offer and your hubby can enjoy his drinks package to the fullest.

Busybody…ha! You joined here, what? Only last month and already have over 400 posts. You sound like the busy one to me, and a name caller too. Sticks and stones and all that jazz. And a thief is a thief no lecture required. Diet soda? The poster I responded to said they drank A LOT of it. Nasty stuff for the body…but hey, to each their own. Everybody has their own poison I guess.

Do you pick rows with specific people on here or do we have to form a queue to get our turn at having to listen to your rude, imposing of views and "More holy than thou" approach?

Anyways, im sure the OP got exactly what they want - Load of people jumping out of the cages to cast opinion on what is right and wrong and why they are so much better than everyone else blah blah.

So what next............ shall we start a new thread on one of the following:

1) Formal night - What are you expected to wear?

Or

2) Tipping - Do you tip extra, should you not prepay and tip only those you think deserve?