Buying an NCL mattress

KevinsCruising

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to update....

We did it!! We visited the Global Resource Registry showroom on Saturday (by appointment with Farah—who is awesome). We tried all of the different styles and still liked the Tranquility the best. Interestingly, Oceania commissioned this mattesss design specifically for their suites. NCL put it in the Haven after purchasing Oceania.

Anyways, we just got it delivered and it seems as wonderful as we remember. Looking forward to many restful nights!

Just wanted to update....

We did it!! We visited the Global Resource Registry showroom on Saturday (by appointment with Farah—who is awesome). We tried all of the different styles and still liked the Tranquility the best. Interestingly, Oceania commissioned this mattesss design specifically for their suites. NCL put it in the Haven after purchasing Oceania.

Anyways, we just got it delivered and it seems as wonderful as we remember. Looking forward to many restful nights!

Congrats.

Was the address for the showroom...?

G.R.R.

Global Resources Registry, LLC

3440 North Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33127

This topic comes up often. Thanks for the feedback/info.

Looking at the linked site, I am guessing the mattresses I've experienced on the Escape and Gem have to be the "Gold" line? The "Dreamy" line doesn't look right at all...

I had asked about what we had in a Bliss mini-suite, and they said it was the Dreamy.

That’s funny. Someone in the Haven asked that of his bed saying his wife wanted one. When he was told they were purchased in the Netherlands and shipping would be prohibitive, he replied, “No problem. I want her happy.” She also wanted the linens too.:cool:

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update this...we LOVE our mattress. Seriously. Almost every day we wake up and marvel at how comfortable our new bed is, or crawl into it at the end of a long day and say how happy we are that we bought it. Such a huge difference in our daily lives. I can’t recommend it enough!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Think that I will compare the DOS mattress on the Getaway to the one we just enjoyed on the DOS on the Epic! But it would also help to know the address of the showroom in Miami? As we are doing a B2B and could make a trip there on our turnaround day in Miami. So if the poster that actually went to the showroom would share that info it would be appreciated!

The company is called Global Resource Registry. The address on the company’s website is the address of the showroom. Since I assume you are talking about a weekend day, call them and set up a meeting in advance. (They are closed on the weekends but will come in for an appointment).

The showroom is on mainland Miami, just over the causeway from the island. About ten minutes from the port.

Have fun on your B2B!!!

The company is called Global Resource Registry. The address on the company’s website is the address of the showroom. Since I assume you are talking about a weekend day, call them and set up a meeting in advance. (They are closed on the weekends but will come in for an appointment).

The showroom is on mainland Miami, just over the causeway from the island. About ten minutes from the port.

Have fun on your B2B!!!

Thanks for the info AND the good wishes!

• 3 months later...
On 5/16/2018 at 12:17 AM, alliecat44 said:

Resurrecting this thread...just off the Getaway in the Haven and absolutely obsessed with that mattress. Have checked out the Bliss bedding collection website as well as Global Resource Registry and just want to make sure I am pricing out the correct one—the Dreamy one?

There are two other models on the Bliss bedding website, both more expensive. From the pics and this thread, I am pretty sure it is theDreamy model...anyone have current info? Seems too good to be true! :)

Did you find out which pillows are in the Haven?

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting this thread to share that I just purchased the Tranquility mattress after my May Escape cruise.  I always hate my mattress when I get home from a cruise LOL (I have a waaay-overpriced Sleep Number glorified-air-mattress bed.)

Can't wait for my new mattress to arrive!  Any other Tranquility reviews out there?  (I will follow up with one once I have mine 😁)

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 6/2/2019 at 5:32 PM, pcakes122 said:

Resurrecting this thread to share that I just purchased the Tranquility mattress after my May Escape cruise.  I always hate my mattress when I get home from a cruise LOL (I have a waaay-overpriced Sleep Number glorified-air-mattress bed.)

Can't wait for my new mattress to arrive!  Any other Tranquility reviews out there?  (I will follow up with one once I have mine 😁)

Thanks!

Any follow up on yours?  Considering taking the plunge after a couple of years on the fence.  Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Wanted to pay it forward since this thread helped us a lot and we really appreciate everyone's feedback on this thread. 

Background: We are a middle age couple and have gone through 6 mattresses in the past 5 years. Memory foam just isn't for us, we tried a couple and woke up with sore backs. We tried a hybrid, a couple traditional coils and lastly we had a Sleep Number that felt comfortable but I tossed and turned on it all night. 

August we did a European cruise on the EPIC and we were in the Haven. We had remembered how comfortable the beds were there and were anxious to see if this cruise would be the same. The entire week we slept and found the mattress to be extremely comfortable. I twas the best week of sleep we ever had. I took a pic of the label and tracked down this thread. Much like many of you we were uncertain if the combination of vacation, drinks, busy days were more of a factor than the actual mattress. We also had a 1 year sleep number that was very pricey and knew we would take a huge loss.

As the months dragged on so did our restless nights. In January I reached out to GRR if they had any sales. Was told no and a week later they reached back out and told us there was one. We negotiated a bit more and took the plunge. Farrah was great to deal with. 

We've had our mattress for about a month and let me just tell we have ZERO regrets. We are sleeping better, it is so comfortable and I have shoulder issues and sleep on my side and normally would turn every 30 mins on the other mattresses, with the tranquility I can almost sleep through the night, no pain. Our lower back pain is gone, we are beyond happy. Like someone else said its a haven in our bedroom. We have zero buyers remorse and if you are on the fence like we are and can swing it, you won't regret it.