dining discount first night

kayleighgirl

There is a table set up (depending on the ship) either in the atrium area, or outside the specialty restaurants, where they display menus and have a guy with a computer taking reservations.

On our sailing it wasn't advertised, but you could discreetly ask for a 20 or 30% discount for the first night. Whether or not they're willing to bargain probably depends on how full the restaurant is.

On our recent cruise, they had the reservation guy right as you walked back on the ship from port, right by the elevators. He offered us Lawn Club Grill with 20% off right there on the spot, said they were trying to fill it up.

So it all depends, but it never hurts to ask politely! Good luck!

I got this in an email from Celebrity

First Night Dining Reservation*

Save 20% on your specialty dining reservations when you reserve for the first night of your vacation.

This is what we received. I heard other higher tier members got 50%.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have heard that you can get a discount at the specialty restaurants on the first night of the cruise. Is this always the case, how do you go about this?

On my recent Reflection sailing, I asked the Maitre'D about getting a discount for Tuscan Grill on San Juan day as it was a late arrival/departure that day and I thought that many people would be eating dinner on shore. He was kind enough to give us a 20% discount which was greatly appreciated. I'd suggest that all you can do is ask.

Linda

This is what we received. I heard other higher tier members got 50%.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

50% discount is not for higher tiered. It is for Aqua Class as Blu is very crowded the first night. We used ours to eat at the Lawn Club Grill

I had JUST made a reservation on line at Lawn Club for first night of our upcoming cruise the day before the email went out. I called Celebrity to see how we got the 20% discount and was told that it will be automatically credited to our on-board account after we dine there. Here's hoping that works...

dukefan94. No worries, it will. Just mention it to them. It will show up on your tv screen a day or so later (if not that same day) and if not, a quick visit to Guest Relations or the specialty restaurant (any one) will fix it.

We use our 50% off first night when we are Aqua Class and just let them sort out Blu on the first night. Great deal.

I got this in an email from Celebrity

First Night Dining Reservation*

Save 20% on your specialty dining reservations when you reserve for the first night of your vacation.

50% discount is not for higher tiered. It is for Aqua Class as Blu is very crowded the first night. We used ours to eat at the Lawn Club Grill

We are in a situation where we have a Suite, with 8:30 MDR. However, we would like to eat in Blu. I realize that it is a first come, first serve. The first night will be especially full. We had planned to try the Tuscan Grill, so might as well do so on the first night if we can get a discount. Are 50% discounts made to Suite passengers? Or where could I ask for a discount...Blu, Tuscan, table set up someplace? We will be on the Constellation.

Also, if we are not eating in the MDR at all (haven't decided) do we tell someone that we will not be in there so they can give our table away? I know from experience that when we wish to change tables, they cannot do so until the second evening to make sure that the occupants don't show up.

I've never seen (or been offered) a deal on the first night. On my last cruise however there was someone looking to make reservations on the last night and I mentioned that we had already eaten at Tuscan and would do it again if there was a discount. He smiled and offered me a 30% discount.

Going forward I won't be shy about asking for a discount, worst thing that can happen is to be told no.

We recently returned from B2B on the Summit, Southern Caribbean, in oceanview (not Aqua or suite). The last night of the first week we received an unsolicited voicemail invitation to dine in Normandie for half price the following night, i.e. the first night of the second week. Took them up on it and it was very pleasant. Good luck!

A few weeks ago on the Summit, our assistant waiter overheard us telling our waiter that we were going to Qsine the following night and would not be in the MDR. Our assistant waiter came over and asked us if we were planning to go to Normandie. We told him we were, but had not yet made reservations. He offered our group of 6 $30.00/person for any of the remaining nights. We took him up on his offer and had a lovely meal…we even had a private table in the wine cellar room. Now we know for future cruises, it doesn't hurt to ask for a discount. :):)

We are just select members and have never sailed in Aqua or a suite on Celebrity. On the Eclipse last April as we were walking around the ship the people at the reservations tables asked us if we wanted to go to Quesine the first night for 50% off, so we jumped on it.

On the Summit in November, we did a back to back, the first week no one was advertising any deals, so we didn't do anything. The second week, the first day, later in the day, my husband went by the desk, they weren't advertising deals but he politely asked if it was possible to get 50% off Normadie the first night, the guy said sure. It was a great meal.

On the Summit last month, my husband did the same thing and the first night asked if he could get 50% off Normadie, and again he was successful. He asked again later in the cruise, and they said no, the 50% off is only the first night!

As what seems the most common, in Concierge class on Reflection, were given 20% discount for first night dining (stateroom category didn't seem to matter). On the Summit we were in Aqua class and were given 50% off for the first night dining which we were told was for Aqua class only. We didn't get any other discount offers on any other nights, but we didn't ask either...on Reflection in March in Aqua class we plan to ask :D

Do AQ cabins always get a 50% off offer? Don't remember that we did from 2 years ago but it was our first cruise so we were probably just overwhelmed by everything!

I might consider doing Qsine the first night if we could get it 50% off. Figure we might still have room for all of that food on the first night :)

Edited by lovestx