Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral and Return

Bali505

It is about a 45 minute drive from the cruise terminal to MCO (or the reverse). That does not factor in picking up car, filling up car, turning in car, etc.

The gas station on Semoran (?spelling) Road nearest the airport is a total rip off--prices are often $1 or more per gallon higher than the going rate. If you drive about 1/2 mile down the same road (farther from the airport), the prices are normal. The rip off places also do stunts like parking trucks in front of the price signs so that you don't see the astronomical prices till you are at the pump.

. DO keep your fill up receipt to avoid a mandatory add on charge for rentals less than 75 miles.

It is about a 45 minute drive from the cruise terminal to MCO (or the reverse). That does not factor in picking up car' date=' filling up car, turning in car, etc.

The gas station on Semoran (?spelling) Road nearest the airport is a total rip off--prices are often $1 or more per gallon higher than the going rate. If you drive about 1/2 mile down the same road (farther from the airport), the prices are normal. The rip off places also do stunts like parking trucks in front of the price signs so that you don't see the astronomical prices till you are at the pump.

. DO keep your fill up receipt to avoid a mandatory add on charge for rentals less than 75 miles.[/quote']

OK, due to the late hour of our flight back :mad: we're driving to WDW for the day, and then going to the airport for our night flight. About how far out from the airport should we be sure the gas is topped off (at a reasonable price)?

Edited by Shmoo here

OK, due to the late hour of our flight back :mad: we're driving to WDW for the day, and then going to the airport for our night flight. About how far out from the airport should we be sure the gas is topped off (at a reasonable price)?

It's only the first 2 stations that are the problem. When you see $5 gas, drive past them. The next ones will be something like $3.50.

It is the same thing you encounter right outside of WDW at the I-4 entrance. The station owners are just taking advantage of tired, worried tourists who don't know their way around. Gas ON WDW property is very reasonable, but you won't need to fill up there.

It's only the first 2 stations that are the problem. When you see $5 gas' date=' drive past them. The next ones will be something like $3.50.

It is the same thing you encounter right outside of WDW at the I-4 entrance. The station owners are just taking advantage of tired, worried tourists who don't know their way around. Gas ON WDW property is very reasonable, but you won't need to fill up there.[/quote']

OK, thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You place the DCL luggage tags on your bags at your resort. The bags will be placed INSIDE your resort room with the tags, and the bell services will pick them up at about 8 am. They go on a truck (not on the bus with you). You do not need to be in your resort room when they are picked up, just be sure that you have placed all the bags together near the door. Put any carry ons separately--like on the bed across the room. I usually put a note on my luggage saying something like "4 bags for transfer to Disney Magic."

Your family will need to be at the designated meeting place (usually an area near the lobby of the resort) at the time specified in the letter which is delivered to your room the day before departure. If you have only an overnight resort stay,you'll get this letter at check in. The exact departure time will be on the letter, but is typically around noon (11:30-12:30). You are asked to be at the meeting place 15 minutes before the scheduled departure so that when the bus pulls up, everyone is already checked in and simply boards.

A bus may go to up to 3 resorts depending on how many guests from each resort are booked with transfers. After picking up at the resorts, the bus heads to the port. There, you get off the bus, claim any carry on bags that went under the bus, and walk into the security line....check in, and board the ship. There is very little or no waiting when the WDW bus traffic arrives as the "early birds" are already on the ship.

Does this cover all your questions?

I've done the rental from MCO to the port a few times, but always take the bus back from the port to MCO. I work for an airline and the only way to get out of MCO is to get on the first couple of flights for the day, otherwise I would be stuck until the next day or I'd have to drive to FLL or MIA. The buses will leave as soon as one gets full, so they start pulling out pretty quickly.

The reason I do the bus instead of a rental back is because I've seen lots of people waiting around at Budget waiting for someone to drop off a car so they could take it. Of course this is later in the day (10am-ish) so all the early birds may have gotten a car quick, idk.

I love cruising from FLL because you can get a taxi from the port to FLL for $15 and takes just a few minutes. On an Oasis cruise my wife and I were the first taxi out of the port and got to the airport before 7am.

You place the DCL luggage tags on your bags at your resort. The bags will be placed INSIDE your resort room with the tags' date=' and the bell services will pick them up at about 8 am. They go on a truck (not on the bus with you). You do not need to be in your resort room when they are picked up, just be sure that you have placed all the bags together near the door. Put any carry ons separately--like on the bed across the room. I usually put a note on my luggage saying something like "4 bags for transfer to Disney Magic."

Your family will need to be at the designated meeting place (usually an area near the lobby of the resort) at the time specified in the letter which is delivered to your room the day before departure. If you have only an overnight resort stay,you'll get this letter at check in. The exact departure time will be on the letter, but is typically around noon (11:30-12:30). You are asked to be at the meeting place 15 minutes before the scheduled departure so that when the bus pulls up, everyone is already checked in and simply boards.

A bus may go to up to 3 resorts depending on how many guests from each resort are booked with transfers. After picking up at the resorts, the bus heads to the port. There, you get off the bus, claim any carry on bags that went under the bus, and walk into the security line....check in, and board the ship. There is very little or no waiting when the WDW bus traffic arrives as the "early birds" are already on the ship.

Does this cover all your questions?[/quote']

Yes it does! Thanks so much! I did not know about the luggage procedure until now! Hope your on my cruise in feb 2015!

Holland America 2007

Disney Magic 2000, 2002

Disney Wonder 2001

Majesty of the Seas 1992

Sovereign of the Seas 1999

Yes it does! Thanks so much! I did not know about the luggage procedure until now! Hope your on my cruise in feb 2015!

That's a nice thought (we used to cruise a lot in February...) but there is this thing called grad school. It is taking all my money and my cruise buddy away.

But we did cruise in May so my info is current.

As said, the Wa Wa is a new gas station not far north of the airport past the rip off gas stations. It is on the west side of the road and btw they have a no fee ATM.

Also as said, keep your receipt as Budget charged us and the lady couldn't get it taken off so we had to go to the kiosk to get it fixed.

The other problem we ran into going to the port was the Race Trac (sp) gas station had yellow covers on ALL of their pumps saying out of service. Went to the Mobile down the street - everyone who tried to swipe their credit card was having problems - then they had to go inside and then someone would have to approve it. Lines got so long we just went a bit more down the street to the tiny gas station on the east side of the street and were able to get right in - I think that was an Exxon.