NJ Sailing

TPFKAH

1st POST yay

Sailed the Voyager and the Explorer out of Bayonne.

Kinda waiting for a new ship, being I prefer not to sail the same ship twice. Is a swap out imminent? How about those new ships on the way?

1st POST yay

Kinda waiting for a new ship, being I prefer not to sail the same ship twice. Is a swap out imminent? How about those new ships on the way?

Quantum beginning the latter part of this year. We're booked already.

1st POST yay

Quantum of the Seas will be permanently based in Bayonne effective November 2014. Explorer will be moving to FL for a period of time after that.

1st POST yay

:) Welcome to Cruise Critic. Enjoy Quantum of the Seas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by QueensChick

I went to the RCI website and did a search for sailings from Cape Liberty over the next two years (any dates that showed on the system). Over the next two years there will be four different ships sailing from Cape Liberty:

Explorer - winter: 7 nights Bahamas, port Canaveral, cococay

summer: 5 nights Bermuda

summer: 9 nights eastern Caribbean

fall: 9 night Canada & New England

reposition: 14 night south Caribbean (11/1/14)

Legend - fall: 10 nite Canada/new England (9/23/14, one way to quebec)

Quantum - samplers when she first comes out

Caribbean (7,8,9,10,11 days)

7 night Bahamas

Serenade - 10 & 12 nights Canada & NE (one way to quebec)

Steve

We are booked on the new ship for March 2015 Can any one tell me if the weather might be a problem? April selling is a much more expensice.

I have sailed on EX from Cape Liberty during February and found that the first day and a half or so was a bit too cool to be on deck. But, Quantum has a covered solarium so it should be a much better ship for cool or cold weather.

Just a suggestion. Fly in at least one day early so you don't miss your cruise due to the weather.

Steve

I have sailed on EX from Cape Liberty during February and found that the first day and a half or so was a bit too cool to be on deck. But, Quantum has a covered solarium so it should be a much better ship for cool or cold weather.

Just a suggestion. Fly in at least one day early so you don't miss your cruise due to the weather.

Steve

Yes, I know what you mean to fly early. I see the weather now in the East coast and I think hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm I need to take a cruise at the same time next year this is why I worry. According to you than after the ship leave NJ area we will be fine.

I took a March cruise, wet and cold in and out of NJ and beautiful everywhere else. I have a June sailing soon and looking at an April 2015 deal. Winter you always have potential issues with bad weather. I will avoid the Hurricane season for the Atlantic/Caribbean for sure. I also buy trip insurance which you can get from the cruise line or web sites like: insuremytrip.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by FireStation46